What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Climate denier, racist, bigot and gullible slave to ignorance all connected!

Who woulda thunk?

color between the lines!

not a climate denier. i fully agree climate changes, just not in the direction you allege so, wrong there...

racist huh? i am of the human race, so i guess you've got me there because i exercise my inclusion in that particular category to your disdain...

bigot? sure, why not? i mean you're so much more tolerant of dissension than i, so it must just be a matter of degree.

but, i am not your slave, and most certainly not gullible enough to buy into your petty persuasion that i should be guilty of the above offenses (in your feeble mind).

better try some more pejorative adjectives that better define your temperment than mine.

and while you're at it make me a sandwich...

goofball!:tiphat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bLbM3lndAo

[youtubeif]4bLbM3lndAo[/youtubeif]

St. Phatty

When there are wildfires at the North Pole ... I'll be watching ?

I think the CO2 levels in the atmosphere, and the effect on serious urban interface wildfires, is where about 1/2 of the conversation on climate change should be focussed.

i.e. about 1/2 the money given to academics to study climate change should be given to forest workers and wildfire workers so they can manage the wildfire situation.

CO2 levels are now at 410 ppm.

Ed Rosenthal was recommending 389 ppm in grow books in the 1980's.

So the whole planet is now one HUUUGE CO2 supplementation rig. My truck collaborates with 2 cycle engines in Thailand to spew 100+ cubic miles of CO2 into the atmosphere (at STP) every year.

Plants are growing like, almost never before. Actually I was just shopping at Home Depot today for something other than a scythe to deal with the CO2-augmented long grass that is growing in my front yard.

I think the Rolling Stone article on the Pinelands in New Jersey was compelling. Urban development = developers building homes for East Coast Yuppies that want to live in the forest.

One other detail I dug up was, one of the most serious wildfires in New Jersey in the 00's was caused by live fire training at a military base, where they didn't have the smarts to stop because of wildfire red flag conditions.

Is the term clusterfuck a gift to the English language from military culture ?

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...ldfire-disaster-happen-in-new-jersey-20160420

When the Indians lived in the forest, they did controlled burns in areas they wanted to live. The controlled burns created a profusion of huckleberries and other blueberry derivatives. And then the Indians were living in a place which wasn't surrounded by combustible fuels.

Smart, yet surprisingly difficult for the 'White Man' to learn.

I think a good part of the debate about Climate Change has to be set aside so emergency planners can do realistic planning.

For example having fuel storage set up in South Florida, so that if they ever have to evacuate in the face of a Cat 5 or 6 hurricane, they won't be cluster-fucked if it happens at a time of fuel shortages.

What caused the Cat 6, is much less important than making sure you don't have 1 to 5 million people sitting stranded square in the path of a major hurricane.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
https://www.neven1.typepad.com/blog/volume-and-concentration/

:bigeye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyE7_ZQqrjY

[youtubeif]KyE7_ZQqrjY[/youtubeif]

Washington Post article out showing heat wave in the Arctic claiming that these temperatures "could" help melt the Arctic while claiming record heat wave. Looking at a bevy of sea ice data from several agencies, it looks like this year is actually increasing, which is interesting. Also huge hail / snow storm a "snail" or a "hnow" storm baffles rescue crews and onlookers as hail and snow fall at the same time.

:tiphat:

igrowone

Veteran
https://www.neven1.typepad.com/blog/volume-and-concentration/

:bigeye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyE7_ZQqrjY

[youtubeif]KyE7_ZQqrjY[/youtubeif]

Washington Post article out showing heat wave in the Arctic claiming that these temperatures "could" help melt the Arctic while claiming record heat wave. Looking at a bevy of sea ice data from several agencies, it looks like this year is actually increasing, which is interesting. Also huge hail / snow storm a "snail" or a "hnow" storm baffles rescue crews and onlookers as hail and snow fall at the same time.

i would be curious to see the sites showing sea ice increasing
what i see on the NSIDC site shows a dramatic melt currently
pretty much identical to last year, which did bottom out early and so there was no record minimum
however, the same this year? i'm guessing not

Attachments

• N_iqr_timeseries.jpg
    N_iqr_timeseries.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Figure2-1024x819.jpg
    Figure2-1024x819.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 13

St. Phatty

If the ice really does break up, they'll have some open water.

That plus their big storms should result in some pretty epic surfing.

That's a lot of ice to melt.

W

Water-

If the ice really does break up, they'll have some open water.

That plus their big storms should result in some pretty epic surfing.

That's a lot of ice to melt.

I live in Hawaii.

epic storms can create epic disasters.

the recent record breaking storm that produced more than 50 inches of rain in 24 hours washed everything on to the reefs.

they are covered in mud and sticks and the water is polluted from all the cesspools being washed into the ocean.

it sucks.

and all that fresh water melting into the ocean would totally mess things up majorly for everyone and everything on the planet.

everything is linked together

St. Phatty

I live in Hawaii.

epic storms can create epic disasters.

the recent record breaking storm that produced more than 50 inches of rain in 24 hours washed everything on to the reefs.

they are covered in mud and sticks and the water is polluted from all the cesspools being washed into the ocean.

it sucks.

and all that fresh water melting into the ocean would totally mess things up majorly for everyone and everything on the planet.

everything is linked together

I think we will learn what a Googol of Plastic looks like, before the ice caps get around to completely melting.

I'm not sure the earth's environment can handle 10^100 tiny pieces of plastic floating around.

I have some skylights that need repair. So I use 6 mil plastic to cover them during the winter.

Last year I forgot about them during the summer. Then they started getting brittle. So I stuffed them into 2 large moving boxes.

Between them and some old blue tarps that disintegrated into 100,000 pieces, I might have 1 million pieces of stray plastic on my own property. That's with me trying to stop it.

W

Water-

they say plastic degrades in a thousand years.

if thats true than I think we could bounce back if we stopped production today.

a thousand years is nothing for the earth.

it takes one million years for a glass bottle to degrade.

R

Rubber Chicken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7S9d26wZ3s

[YOUTUBEIF]Y7S9d26wZ3s[/YOUTUBEIF]

cusp of a new paradigm re: space weather connection between the suns and earths weather and by extrapolation, climate.
pretty solid relationship referenced.

...but it's probably just to distract from the blood in the water... :shark:

You reveal more about your bias, trichrider, than proving others'....

It seems you pluck random papers to prove a point that makes you feel smart and ask people to refute your evidence when there are no little 'write ups' that would do the job.

You could be up to your eyeballs in counter evidence that would be impossible to disprove with little cherry picked conservative BS.

It takes mountains and MOUNTAINS of evidence by thousands and thousands of scientists all trying to disprove that we are not the cause, and thus 99.9% of legitimate scientists' overall consensus is that we are the main cause, not some little 'article'.

Are you a flat earther too?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
You reveal more about your bias, trichrider, than proving others'....

It seems you pluck random papers to prove a point that makes you feel smart and ask people to refute your evidence when there are no little 'write ups' that would do the job.

You could be up to your eyeballs in counter evidence that would be impossible to disprove with little cherry picked conservative BS.

It takes mountains and MOUNTAINS of evidence by thousands and thousands of scientists all trying to disprove that we are not the cause, and thus 99.9% of legitimate scientists' overall consensus is that we are the main cause, not some little 'article'.

Are you a flat earther too?

:laughing:

...another cluck cuck

so be it.

you're nominated to be jester of the Potemkin village.

you'll do fine!

R

Rubber Chicken

I'm sure you'll manage just fine too, kind Sir.....

I hear they have Hannity and Tucker Carlson on a loop there.

:huggg:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i get it...you are dim.
it's not my information you detest, it's my politics.
you cannot refute the science so you resort to attacking my character...i get it. & i could give a shit.
when you get to third grade you may learn what 'ad hominem' means.
every article/video i have posted supports my contention of external forcing of weather and climate, and contradicts CO2 as culprit projected by the Catastrophic Climate Consensus Cult.

what have you got? ...insults and name calling. immature and ineffective. surely entertaining your ego will sustain your potent point of view.
:laughing:

Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics

Volume 171, June 2018, Pages 111-118

The zonal-mean and regional tropospheric pressure responses to changes in ionospheric potential

Author links open overlay panelLiminZhouabBrianTinsleybLinWangabGaryBurnscaKey Laboratory of Geographic Information Science, East China Normal University, Shanghai, 200062, ChinabUniversity of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, 75080, USAcAustralian Antarctic Division, Australian Government, Kingston, Tasmania, Australia

Received 25 March 2017, Revised 19 June 2017, Accepted 20 July 2017, Available online 21 July 2017.

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jastp.2017.07.010Get rights and content
Highlights

•Day-to-day polar and sub-polar surface pressures correlate with ionospheric potential and current flowing through clouds.
•Pressures respond to both external (solar wind) and internal (electrified cloud) generators in the global circuit.
•Responses are strongest in local winters and inferred to be due to electrical interactions between nuclei and droplets.

Abstract

Global reanalysis data reveal daily surface pressure responses to changes in the global ionospheric potential in both polar and sub-polar regions. We use 21 years of data to show that the pressure response to externally-induced ionospheric potential changes, that are due to the interplanetary magnetic field east-west (IMF By) component, are present in two separate decadal intervals, and follow the opposite ionospheric potential changes in the Arctic and Antarctic for a given By. We use the 4 years of available data to show that the pressure responses to changes in internally generated ionospheric potential, that are caused by low-latitude thunderstorms and highly electrified clouds, agree in sign and sensitivity with those externally generated. We have determined that the daily varying pressure responses are stronger in local winter and spring. The pressure responses at polar latitudes are predominantly over the Antarctic and Greenland ice caps, and those at sub-polar latitudes are of opposite sign, mainly over oceans. A lead-lag analysis confirms that the responses maximize within two days of the ionospheric potential input. Regions of surface pressure fluctuating by about 4 hPa in winter are found with ionospheric potential changes of about 40 kV. The consistent pressure response to the independent external and internal inputs strongly supports the reality of a cloud microphysical mechanism affected by the global electric circuit. A speculative mechanism involves the ionosphere-earth current density Jz, which produces space charge at cloud boundaries and electrically charged droplets and aerosol particles. Ultrafine aerosol particles, under the action of electro-anti-scavenging, are enabled to grow to condensation nuclei size, affecting cloud microphysics and cloud opacity and surface pressure on time scales of hours.

and:

Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics

Volume 171, June 2018, Pages 94-110

Tropospheric weather influenced by solar wind through atmospheric vertical coupling downward control

Author links open overlay panelPaulPrikrylabRobertBruntzcTakumiTsukijiharadKokiIwaoeDonald B.MuldrewfVojtoRušingMilanRybanskýhMarošTurňaiPavelŠťastnýi

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jastp.2017.07.023Get rights and content
Highlights

•Atmospheric gravity waves: A link between high-speed solar wind and severe weather.
•Explosive extratropical cyclones tend to occur after arrivals high-speed solar wind streams.
•Role of aurorally-generated gravity waves in the release of instabilities leading to storms.

Abstract

Occurrence of severe weather in the context of solar wind coupling to the magnetosphere-ionosphere-atmosphere (MIA) system is investigated. It is observed that significant snowfall, wind and heavy rain, particularly if caused by low pressure systems in winter, tend to follow arrivals of high-speed solar wind. Previously published statistical evidence that explosive extratropical cyclones in the northern hemisphere tend to occur within a few days after arrivals of high-speed solar wind streams from coronal holes (Prikryl et al., 2009, 2016) is corroborated for the southern hemisphere. Cases of severe weather events are examined in the context of the magnetosphere-ionosphere-atmosphere (MIA) coupling. Physical mechanism to explain these observations is proposed. The leading edge of high-speed solar wind streams is a locus of large-amplitude magneto-hydrodynamic waves that modulate Joule heating and/or Lorentz forcing of the high-latitude lower thermosphere generating medium-scale atmospheric gravity waves that propagate upward and downward through the atmosphere. Simulations of gravity wave propagation in a model atmosphere using the Transfer Function Model (Mayr et al., 1990) reveal that propagating waves originating in the lower thermosphere can excite a spectrum of gravity waves in the lower atmosphere. In spite of significantly reduced amplitudes but subject to amplification upon reflection in the upper troposphere, these gravity waves can provide a lift of unstable air to release instabilities in the troposphere and initiate convection to form cloud/precipitation bands. It is primarily the energy provided by release of latent heat that leads to intensification of storms. These results indicate that vertical coupling in the atmosphere exerts downward control from solar wind to the lower atmospheric levels influencing tropospheric weather development.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Agenda21 population control through geoengineering. Polar shift is real, and may well kill off a whole swathe of people in and of itself..naturally..no gubberment tyrany required, bet your ass it will make the most of it though.

Cannavore

Veteran
i think it's funny you refer to us as cultists when you're the one posting cherry picked information interpreted by charlatans (james delingpole) basically taking them on faith that they're being truthful and accurate (they are not)

[YOUTUBEIF]CcmCBetoR18[/YOUTUBEIF]

potholer54 has debunked just about every claim made in this thread, and of course, not a single serious response was made back. just more copy pasta of things no one including yourself is reading.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
i think it's funny you refer to us as cultists when you're the one posting cherry picked information interpreted by charlatans (james delingpole) basically taking them on faith that they're being truthful and accurate (they are not)

[YOUTUBEIF]CcmCBetoR18[/YOUTUBEIF]

potholer54 has debunked just about every claim made in this thread, and of course, not a single serious response was made back. just more copy pasta of things no one including yourself is reading.

He won't hear you.

If one volcanic eruption can cool down the planet, I don't see how all the cars and such aren't warming it up.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
The Snowball Earth hypothesis proposes that Earth surface's became entirely or nearly entirely frozen at least once, sometime earlier than 650 Mya (million years ago).

715 million years ago the entire planet was encased in snow and ice. This frozen wasteland may have been the birthplace of complex animals