What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

igrowone

Veteran
there was warning we'd be seeing quite a melt spike this week
I do believe this is a record,but that will be called in July by noaa
several days more of deep melt are forecast, I'm getting a bad feeling about current weather events

greenland_daily_melt_tmb.jpg
greenland_daily_melt_plot_tmb.jpg

Hmong

Veteran
long term it's not getting warmer, that's for sure.
Once the ice is all gone and has cooled the oceans, oh boii.

We should enjoy the decline in dignity, nobody of us will live to see it.
Don't like how everyone's scared like little girls, we are the guests, not the host.

iu

Hmong

Veteran

Why The Current Interglacial Might Be Coming To An End​

Published on January 23, 2020

Written by Will Jones

ice age snowball earth

Did you know that over the last 450,000 years there have been four Ice Ages lasting around 100,000 years each?

And five interglacial periods lasting around 12,000 years each?

Look at this graph of temperature data derived from the Vostok ice core from Antarctica.

Click to enlarge

What it means is that for around 90 percent of the last 450,000 years Earth has been in an Ice Age, where global temperatures have slumped to as low as 10 deg C colder than in the relatively brief interglacial periods.

The current interglacial period (the fifth) began about 11,600 years ago, suggesting it may not last much longer. It corresponds to the time when human beings began farming and building cities and civilizations.

It is notably cooler than the previous four interglacial periods. If we ‘zoom in’ on it (see the upper graph, below)

Click to enlarge

We can see that it has been getting progressively cooler for the last 3,500 years, ‘presumably indicating the early stages of the coming Ice Age,’ says climate scientist Ole Humlum.

We also see that it is punctuated by periods warmer than the rest, most recently the Minoan warm period, the Roman warm period and the medieval warm period.

The current warm period after the ‘Little Ice Age’ of 1300-1850 (not shown as the graph ends in 1854), which according to Humlum has currently reached around the same temperature as the medieval warm period, may well be part of this natural pattern rather than driven by carbon dioxide emissions.

The lower graph shows CO2 concentration over the current interglacial period, and there is no obvious relationship with temperature.

Over a longer period, CO2 is seen to lag temperature by several thousand years rather than lead it, suggesting higher temperatures may drive greater CO2 concentrations rather than vice versa.

However, it is true that in the past 150 years CO2 concentrations have climbed from around 280 ppm to 395 ppm, a level unprecedented in the past 12,000 years [and a mere blink in Earth’s five-billion-year history].

Furthermore, since the end of the upper graph (in 1854) the temperature has risen to around the same balmy levels last seen in the Middle Ages. (This is assuming that the recent temperature data has not been misleadingly adjusted, as some believe is the case.)

This in itself is not alarming – the reported temperature rise is hardly unprecedented in the current interglacial period, and warmer temperatures (and higher carbon dioxide concentrations) provide better conditions for life to flourish.

However, if it is the case that current levels of carbon dioxide are driving runaway warming, that would obviously be deeply concerning.

That is the question current climate science is sharply focused on, though more often than not with only one acceptable answer, it seems.

Since the cost of cutting carbon dioxide emissions is huge, and will negatively affect the environment in other ways, it is well worth being sure that this is the case before taking any significant action to reduce emissions.

Despite much alarmism about a present ‘climate emergency,’ time does seem to be on our side.

While temperatures appear to have been rising on and off over the last century by about 0.15 deg C per decade, they did fall in the 1960s and 70s, and paused between 1998 and 2013, suggesting a degree of natural variability.

If temperatures continue to rise and eventually reach levels unprecedented in this (or any recent) interglacial period, then we’ll know there’s something to consider taking concerted action about, as there may be a risk that human emissions have initiated a positive feedback loop resulting in unsustainable temperature rises.

Though what counts as unsustainable is also an open question, as on a longer geological timescale we are currently in an extended ‘icehouse’ age of around 30 million years, whereas for 91 percent of the last 550 million years the Earth had no permanent ice caps at the poles at all.

From this perspective, how warm is too warm?

On the other hand, if we find temperatures stabilizing for a while, oscillating a bit, maybe falling again, then we can be more confident that we have not left the natural cycles.

Whether that is itself a good thing is a matter of debate.

In the 1970s, scientists were warning about the onset of a new Ice Age when Iceland was blocked with ice and ‘climate change’ meant global cooling. That turned out to be a false alarm, but the reasoning wasn’t entirely unsound.

The present interglacial period, if history is any guide, may have just about run its course. And what then? Human civilization has appeared and endured only during the present interglacial warmth.

How will more than 8 billion people cope with the much harsher conditions of a climate chilled by 6-8 deg C, one much less conducive to life, abundance and comfort?

Let us watch and wait for now, then, and see how things look in 2030. In the meantime, we shouldn’t take the present warmth for granted. We’ll miss it when it’s gone.

Original: https://principia-scientific.org/why-the-current-interglacial-might-be-coming-to-an-end/

Hmong

Veteran
The current interglacial period (the fifth) began about 11,600 years ago, suggesting it may not last much longer. It corresponds to the time when human beings began farming and building cities and civilizations.

That's insane if you think about it in context to everything going on politically at the moment.

In my opinion, the so called elites know about these things, due to keeping the ancient knowledge withing the secret societies over millennia.

They are not pushing the green agenda to save their skin or even us all lol, they know they can't change these cycles. Looking at the end of all humanity creates nihilism, that's why it's getting crazier every year.
On the decline, all they can aim for as mortals, is trying to consolidate more power, because that distracts the mind from the inevitable. Some basic low instincts at work, that power rush is a big copium for dread.

What a feeling that must have been, to go back behind the curtain after a press conference and laugh your asses off, like school boys...

iu

"haha look at those dorks, doing everything we tell them!"

iu

"what's it gonna be for next week? mandated shots?"
"Bro, there is no way they are that dumb..."

iu

"haha Brooo! So it's 3 shots now? genius!"
"Check out that TikTok, Bro! In China they now demand Anal testing."
"too soon?"
iu

"6 boosters!"
iu

and besides those, there are some idealists who just drive towards away from here instinctively

What do you think is driving people like Musk, towards Mars?
like we don't have enough problems to solve down here.

Mars is our future, but our future is not on Mars.
go figure...

St. Phatty

Has anybody ever heard of a Legit How to for making Rain from Silver Iodide ?

Of course it's not magic. I would think their are other Metal Halides that would work, besides Silver and Iodine.

Should I grind up my old Metal Halide bulbs and shoot them into the Clouds ?

Well I'm just kidding about that, but the "Heat Dome" type heatwaves are killer.

I couldn't blame anyone for trying to make it rain - or the wind blow - if they were stuck under the High Pressure kind of heat wave.

I get wind almost every afternoon, enough to blow down some trees in 30 gallon pots.

It's when you don't get the wind, that's when you are screwed - because most architecture in the US was not built for 110+ F.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
the King just said we have six years (and 24 days) left to address climate change....

28 June, London: His Majesty King Charles III has today attended the launch of a Climate Clock, representing a stark warning that there are only six years and 24 days left to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees[1].
:laughing: :wtf:

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Cloud seeding is old technology, the HAARP system has been creating clouds and rain since the 1960's, my dad did work at Exmouth in Western Australia at the largest HAARP installation in the 1960's, he talked to the techs about it and they told him it's capabilities both current and predicted for the time, the over the horizon RADAR was just the excuse for building it, they told him they could heat the ionosphere causing it to lift and air to rush in to fill the void changing weather patterns, they could also create plasma balls anywhere, even in underground facilities that when expanded destroy anything they touch, I proved this about 15 years ago using an old microwave where I put a smouldering piece of wood inside and turned it on, a plasma ball erupted from it traveling along the roof and into the magnetron overloading it, if I had left it on it would have destroyed itself, that was with 1000W, the HAARP system is trillions of watts just at Exmouth let along the hundreds around the world.
Also Lucas Heights is not the only nuclear reactor in Australia, they have one at Exmouth to power HAARP and others at US military bases around Australia of which there are hundreds, all considered US soil.

igrowone

Veteran
Cloud seeding is old technology, the HAARP system has been creating clouds and rain since the 1960's, my dad did work at Exmouth in Western Australia at the largest HAARP installation in the 1960's, he talked to the techs about it and they told him it's capabilities both current and predicted for the time, the over the horizon RADAR was just the excuse for building it, they told him they could heat the ionosphere causing it to lift and air to rush in to fill the void changing weather patterns, they could also create plasma balls anywhere, even in underground facilities that when expanded destroy anything they touch, I proved this about 15 years ago using an old microwave where I put a smouldering piece of wood inside and turned it on, a plasma ball erupted from it traveling along the roof and into the magnetron overloading it, if I had left it on it would have destroyed itself, that was with 1000W, the HAARP system is trillions of watts just at Exmouth let along the hundreds around the world.
Also Lucas Heights is not the only nuclear reactor in Australia, they have one at Exmouth to power HAARP and others at US military bases around Australia of which there are hundreds, all considered US soil.
interesting, so this is a 20+ year technology?
yet the Russians are slogging away with the obsolete planes, tanks, and artillery?
not to mention the Ukranians, Israelis, and so forth
an uber weapon that can never be used lest it be revealed

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
HAARP also can cause earthquakes. as the array heats the ionosphere it expands toward space, when HAARP is deactivated the ionosphere violently rushes back and creates a pressure wave similar to what this video shows:

...this pressure wave is powerful enough to disrupt the earths mantel. it is speculated that the 2011 japan earthquake was caused by a mobile HAARP array.

Hmong

Veteran
It's not quite as simple as that @igrowone

but about same reason, why nobody can use nukes right now.

there are no secret weapons, when everyone has em or a counter.

M.A.D

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran

EU Warns Against Potential "Unintended Consequences" Of Geoengineering​

by Tyler Durden
Friday, Jun 30, 2023 - 02:45 AM
An increasing number of climate alarmists who trust "global warming science" have pitched the idea of large-scale interventions such as solar engineering to reverse 'climate change.' They believe human activity is the sole reason for the Earth's increase in temperature and say large-scale intervention is immediately needed to stop the planet's destruction. Some have even called for fleets of planes to spray chemicals into the atmosphere to deflect the sun's rays as the world's last hope for survival.

But not so fast. A report published by the European Commission on Thursday outlined the potential risks and "unintended consequences" of manipulating planetary systems to fight global warming.
The commission warned:
In the context of accelerated global warming, deliberate large-scale intervention in the Earth's natural systems (referred to as "geoengineering"), such as solar radiation modification, is attracting more attention. However, the risks, impacts and unintended consequences that these technologies pose are poorly understood, and necessary rules, procedures and institutions have not been developed.
Some of these risks include:
These technologies introduce new risks to people and ecosystems, while they could also increase power imbalances between nations, spark conflicts and raises a myriad of ethical, legal, governance and political issues.
Meanwhile, scientists from Harvard University have called for "spraying tiny particles called sulfate aerosols into the atmosphere to reflect away sunlight." And MIT recently wrote, "Geoengineering might be our final and only option."
Speaking to reporters this week, Frans Timmermans, the European Union climate policy chief, said, "Nobody should be conducting experiments alone with our shared planet" and "This should be discussed in the right forum, at the highest international level."

European leaders are worried that geoengineering experiments could go horribly wrong if unchecked. The risks of manipulating Earth's climate need to be better understood, and necessary rules and procedures are needed.

Rider420

Don't worry people AI will find the Final Solution to all human problems.
Please note these message was NOT generated by ChatGPT.