What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

White Beard

No, actually. I absolutely *don’t* “got to think about it like this”: “this” is a stunningly uninformed and unhelpful way to look anything as serious as the subject.

got to think about it like this. this planet will only sustain life for so long period, regardless of humans or not. Its ever evolving from its circumstances, and is already in motion, we are just ants.

Duh...another 4+ billion years, yeah, we’re just ants..but our whole GALAXY is an ant

yes, we can slow the affects of melting, but this ice cube is already rolling faster in the drink than anticipated, and its showing. we have pole shifting, increased surface pressure, as well as transplacement of surface weight thereby increased activity in the plates.

Past tense: we could have slowed, but duh, the big controversy in climate science isn’t whether humans have been a part of it, but that science isn’t keeping up with how it manages to keep getting hotter faster, so we’re in uncharted territory climate-history-wise

Pole-shifting (crustal displacement) we *don’t* have going on; the magnetic pole wanders and we don’t know why, but the two poles aren’t some hidden switch.

You are spot-on re: the shifting pressures on the crust as more meltwater runs downhill to the sea. Floating sea ice doesn’t change sea level, because floating, but as the rest of the ice melts, the continents will rebound due to the loss of ice weight, but the increased volume and weight of that meltwater will redistribute across the seabed, and increased tectonic effects are certain.

its the sad perception that this earth is something that's just here to stay to support human life, even more pathetic to think that you can stop millions of years of evolution. Acceptance of our demise is so hard to fathom, but it will happen. maybe not tomorrow, but again this is a long game.

Yes, yes, in the end, we’re all dead

the public is guarded from these facts to stop hysteria and discord, its management of humans on a larger scale it incredible as well as retarded from a single persons perspective. keep the public busy and entertained.

This sounds quite paranoid, and very YouTube

why do you think we just started a global mission on space travel? india, japan, russia, china and us have major funds and funders in this. why do you think news agencies are telling the public about untold wealth in the cosmos? or fear tactics of impending doom of meteor or asteroids?

I run with a much less hysterical crowd, and I see none of this bombardment you speak of...but I must say, for spending so much of your comment lambasting for thinking things will go on forever, but becoming aware of exophysical events is “fear tactics” is effing RICH

we fight amongst ourselves, being distracted from the NWO plan of placation, all the while quietly preparing for the few to try to survive

Another interesting mix of blindness and paranoia. :tiphat:

Lyfespan

No, actually. I absolutely *don’t* “got to think about it like this”: “this” is a stunningly uninformed and unhelpful way to look anything as serious as the subject.

Duh...another 4+ billion years, yeah, we’re just ants..but our whole GALAXY is an ant

Past tense: we could have slowed, but duh, the big controversy in climate science isn’t whether humans have been a part of it, but that science isn’t keeping up with how it manages to keep getting hotter faster, so we’re in uncharted territory climate-history-wise

Pole-shifting (crustal displacement) we *don’t* have going on; the magnetic pole wanders and we don’t know why, but the two poles aren’t some hidden switch.

You are spot-on re: the shifting pressures on the crust as more meltwater runs downhill to the sea. Floating sea ice doesn’t change sea level, because floating, but as the rest of the ice melts, the continents will rebound due to the loss of ice weight, but the increased volume and weight of that meltwater will redistribute across the seabed, and increased tectonic effects are certain.

Yes, yes, in the end, we’re all dead

This sounds quite paranoid, and very YouTube

I run with a much less hysterical crowd, and I see none of this bombardment you speak of...but I must say, for spending so much of your comment lambasting for thinking things will go on forever, but becoming aware of exophysical events is “fear tactics” is effing RICH

Another interesting mix of blindness and paranoia. :tiphat:

angry much :comfort:

St. Phatty

you're a reliable source but that temp. i had to check
i can barely believe it can get that hot in germany
but apparently it did

They are going to have a California type fire.

(Actually, they already have, in terms of casualties.)

I mean, a weather event that includes wildfire, where the old guys say, "never seen it do that before."

igrowone

Veteran
hot june

hot june

a good moment for global temperature snapshot
a record warm june, and from current info the warmest july is coming

June Temperature

June 2019 Blended Land and Sea Surface
Temperature Anomalies in degrees Celsius

June 2019 Blended Land and Sea Surface
Temperature Percentiles

The month of June was characterized by warmer-than-average temperatures across much of the world. The most notable warm June 2019 temperature departures from average were observed across central and eastern Europe, northern Russia, northeastern Canada, and southern parts of South America, where temperatures were 2.0°C (3.6°F) above the 1981–2010 average or higher. Record warm temperature departures from average during June 2019 were present across parts of central and eastern Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, the north Indian Ocean, and across parts of the Pacific and Atlantic oceans.
Meanwhile, the most notable cooler-than-average temperature departures from average were limited to parts of western Asia and Antarctica, where temperatures were at least 1.0°C (1.8°F) below the 1981–2010 average or cooler. According to the June 2019 percentiles map, cooler-than-average conditions were limited to parts of western Asia, Indonesia, across small areas in the Atlantic and North Pacific oceans, as well as the south-central contiguous United States. No land or ocean areas had record cold June temperatures.
Averaged as a whole, the June 2019 global land and ocean temperature departure from average was the highest for June since global records began in 1880 at +0.95°C (+1.71°F). This value bested the previous record set in 2016 by 0.02°C (0.04°F). Nine of the 10 warmest Junes have occurred since 2010. June 1998 is the only value from the previous century among the 10 warmest Junes on record, and it is currently ranked as the eighth warmest June on record. Junes 2015, 2016, and 2019 are the only Junes that have a global land and ocean temperature departure from average above +0.90°C (+1.62°F). June 2019 also marks the 43rd consecutive June and the 414th consecutive month with temperatures, at least nominally, above the 20th century average.

kickarse

:laughing: good to see, you northern hemisphere men/woman/trannie's
are getting some nice warm weather, its bloody cold down in the southern one

today is another under average day, i'm calling global cooling, at least for another month or so

think i'll light the fire, the extra Co2 should help warm the place up

:biggrin:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
picture.php

St. Phatty

:laughing: good to see, you northern hemisphere men/woman/trannie's
are getting some nice warm weather, its bloody cold down in the southern one

it's winter in the southern hemisphere.

it's supposed to be cold.

US is still having snow - most snow ever at Squaw Valley, unusual amount of snow for July 4 skiing activities.

Ever try making fire out of bundles of blackberry vines ?

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
you're a reliable source but that temp. i had to check
i can barely believe it can get that hot in germany
but apparently it did

Yes it can be so hot. In my hometown we had the warmest day and night ever since they record it 1881. In Germany nobody got a air conditioner at home. Maybe in the car or on the worklplace.

St. Phatty

HUGE FIRES IN ARTIC CIRCLE

dam humans are messing up the climate again.

planet earth has plans with or without human life, stop being naive

In 2003, Siberia had 47 Million acres of wildfire. 73,000 square miles, an area 270 miles x 270 miles.

How much carbon is that, compared to the oil & coal that were burned that year ?

I'm pretty sure we're past the Tipping point. Mankind could go completely Zen, and the rate of CO2 increase would slow down, but not stop.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
could you be a little more specific about the "tipping point"?
is this it?

Kirsten Gillibrand Unveils $10 Trillion Climate Change Plan

71619-Sen-Kirsten-Gillibrand-D-NY-smirk-Getty-640x480.jpg
Justin Sullivan/Getty ImagesKyle Morris25 Jul 20191,565 2:06
Democrat presidential hopeful Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) announced Friday a climate change plan that would cost taxpayers an estimated $10 trillion if she is elected.

As part of her proposal, named the “Climate Change Moonshot Plan,” Kirsten Gillibrand aims to achieve net-zero carbon and greenhouse emissions by the year 2050, phase out fossil fuels, and “hold polluters accountable.”
To achieve her goal, Gillibrand has called for “100% clean, renewable, and zero-carbon electricity in a decade.”
“We’re already seeing the effects of climate change on communities across our country and the world,” Gillibrand wrote in a Medium post. “Climate change is the most serious threat to humanity today, and we need immediate and bold action to address it before it’s too late.”
“My plan lays out immediate and bold action to protect our communities and save our planet,” Gillibrand stated. “Not only would I enact the Green New Deal and protect clean air and clean water, but I will reinvest in the communities that have been most impacted by climate change and hold polluters accountable for the damage they’ve caused the American people.”
In order to persuade companies not to use fossil fuels, Gillibrand’s plan also gives carbon a price tag, which starts at $52 per metric ton. Her plan will also end federal subsidies and tax subsidies within the fossil fuel industry. Gillibrand’s plan also ensures that $100 billion will be spent to assist rural areas transition to clean energy.
Gillibrand claims that putting a price on carbon will assist with the costs of her plan.
“The revenue generated from this carbon tax, estimated at more than $200 billion annually, will then go directly back into our country’s transition to renewable energy,” Gillibrand argued.
More information on Gillibrand’s climate change plan can be found here.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...rand-unveils-10-trillion-climate-change-plan/

or this?

Senators to Unveil Carbon Tax Bill to Generate $2.5 Trillion in 10 Years

Reuters July 24, 2019, 4:42 pm 3 Comments
GettyImages-156516766-e1564000854354-758x379.jpg

WASHINGTON, DC - NOVEMBER 16: U.S. Select Committee on Intelligence chairwoman Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) speaks to members of the media after a hearing on the Benghazi attack November 16, 2012 on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director David Petraeus testified before the committee about the September 11 attacks on the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images) Two Democratic U.S. senators will unveil a bill on Thursday to curb climate change by slapping a fee on oil, natural gas and coal and delivering most of the revenues to low- and middle-income Americans, one of the lawmakers said.
Senator Chris Coons said on Wednesday he and Senator Dianne Feinstein will introduce the Climate Action Rebate Act, which aims to generate $2.5 trillion in revenues over 10 years starting in 2020. It would rebate about 70 percent of the money to families that make less than $130,000 per year, and use the rest for energy infrastructure, job retraining for fossil fuel workers, and research and development.
President Donald Trump, a Republican, rejects climate science and has slashed regulations on oil and gas drillers and coal miners. That has made climate a big issue in the race for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, although none of the senators running have yet signed onto the Coons carbon tax bill.
Coons said he is talking with Senate colleagues from both parties and Democrats running for president to build support. It will be an uphill battle to get enough votes to pass in the Republican-led 100-member chamber.
The Green New Deal, a plan to tackle climate change backed by left-leaning Democrats including Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Senator Ed Markey, has grabbed the attention of many environmentalists with an aggressive goal of cutting carbon emissions to net zero by 2030. But wind and solar power companies have criticized it as unrealistic and politically divisive.
Coons, a centrist, hopes his bill will channel much of the enthusiasm for the Green New Deal into practical solutions. The bill is a “serious legislative attempt at taking bold vision and turning it into a specific, enactable, concrete strategy,” he said.
The idea of a carbon tax, which aims to level the playing field for emissions-free energy, like solar and wind power, by adding costs to fossil fuels, has been embraced by a wide range of economists from conservatives to liberals.
The Coons bill would cut U.S. carbon emissions 55% by 2030 and 100% by 2050 compared to 2017 levels, a more modest goal than that of the Green New Deal.
A carbon tax is also supported by number of senior Republicans including former Secretaries of State James Baker and George Shultz.
Stephen O’Hanlon, a spokesman for the Sunrise Movement, a youth coalition that helped put the Green New Deal in the media spotlight, said a carbon tax can be part of the solution, but more massive changes are needed to get the energy system off fossil fuels.
A Marist Poll this month showed 63 percent of Americans believed that the Green New Deal was a good idea, versus 50 percent who thought a carbon tax was.
“Any politician serious about passing climate action on the scale we need has got to take note,” of the support for more aggressive action, O’Hanlon said.
Last year Coons introduced a carbon tax bill with Republican Senator Jeff Flake, who has since retired.
A companion carbon tax bill will be introduced in the Democratic-led House of Representatives on Thursday.
(Reporting by Timothy Gardner; Editing by David Gregorio)

https://ijr.com/senators-to-unveil-carbon-tax-bill-to-generate-2-5-trillion-in-10-years/

Latest posts

Latest posts