What's new

have i murdered my seedlings?

S

Space Ghost

over-watered, like I have said before... Just let the cups dry out before adding ANYTHING even water, They DO NOT need anything right now except time and love... Maybe an extra fan to hasten the drying process... Also you could try dropping the pH a bit when they do need water...

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
The last 4 hours have been hell for you and your plant.

If it dies - you start again,, you on the otherhand need to understand, you may kill a plant or two in the learning curve. Fortunatly they can't fight back.

I usually start my seeds on tap water, lately I'm in rockwool, which has about zero nutrients when new. I wouldn't bee worried about feeding yet. That green plant matter makes all kinds of good stuff with photosynthisis - When the cotielians start to yellow, - then feed with about 20% nutes and the rest tap water, first feed, I use FLOWER solution for good root building. Next watering gets a 30-40% veg feeding and about 30% pH adjusted water and about 30% tap.

About then, they look like this and are ready to grow

Quit fussing with the plant and start reading to figgure out what went wrong and how to change your grow - if it dosen't recover.

It hurts a lot worse to loose a plant after 6 months of care - believe me.

I used to loose 75% of my starts - so I think, you need to start a LOT more plants. If you loose a couple, it's no big deal. Right now, if you loose a couple - it's back to square 1. And don't forget sexing and males!!!!

You also need to understand those roots need access to air in between waterings - or the plant DROWNS.

And babies drown really easy, huh?

You might search a grow log to find summtin close to what your doing and see what works.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
seedling in Coco Not need nothing but H2O for 10 days then

hygro4.jpg

and RO H2O till transplanted

D

DU420

over-watered, like I have said before... Just let the cups dry out before adding ANYTHING even water, They DO NOT need anything right now except time and love... Maybe an extra fan to hasten the drying process... Also you could try dropping the pH a bit when they do need water...

Hey SG welcome to my new how did I F up my seedlings thread..... I have taken your advice since last time we spoke and only added small amounts of ph 6.5
water once the pots were dry but then the purpling got significantly worse i thought it must be left over rhiz or something in the soil, hence the flush. I was listening I've even got two identical pots to the ones I'm growing in with dry medium to test for weight.

D

DU420

Rocky thanks for the ideas, the reason I'm concerned is because there's 11 like this not just one.

D

DU420

Just out of interest I've sowed another bc seed in the same medium and all that will get is ph'd water from the get go and if it has no problems then I'll know what I did wrong..... If it has the same problems I may burn down the hortico head office(just kidding). Actually since I'm trying again my tap water and my filtered water both have a ppm of 90 would that have anything to do with it, although it didn't bother the plants last grow.

T

trem0lo

Seedlings don't need nutes. Have you ever seen one with a n deficiency? For petes sake don't listen to the troll. They look burnt and overwatered.

D

DU420

Just another thing I relised I may be doing wrong is using bi carb soda as ph up until I tested my ppm after doing so and it raised the ppm by 100

legalizeDK

when i first started growing my biggest mistake was that i could not leave them alone. allways trying to do stuff. when you have at problem and you try to correct it, give it time to react and do not expect change over night.

seedlings just grow slowly the first 2 to 3 weeks and that has nothing to do with the nutes, it just takes time.

^^^^^ like he said, leave 'em alone for a bit and it'll be a few days before u see any recovery.

i hope they recover for u and give u many nights of stonedness

:)

D

DU420

when i first started growing my biggest mistake was that i could not leave them alone. allways trying to do stuff. when you have at problem and you try to correct it, give it time to react and do not expect change over night.

seedlings just grow slowly the first 2 to 3 weeks and that has nothing to do with the nutes, it just takes time.

Funny you should mention that, my first grow was about a year ago just a single lst'd WW under two 28w desk lamps that I didn't really pay that much attention to as it was just to see if I could grow anything and I ended up with 50g wet and 11g dry from something I hardly cared for and now I try to give my seedlings all the best of everything (or so i thought) and I F it all up before its even begun.

D

DU420

This is them at 2 weeks old still very sad, after looking at other peoples plants at 2 weeks old in comparison I'm beginning to wonder if the amount of stress I've put them under is going to be detrimental to there longevity and possibly turn them all male. Maybe I should start with a clean slate lesson learnt, although it won't hurt to give them another two weeks to try and recover first.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=167182&stc=1&d=1337465980

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=167185&stc=1&d=1337466448

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=167184&stc=1&d=1337465980

Attachments

• IMAG0086_00161.jpg
    IMAG0086_00161.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0089_00164.jpg
    IMAG0089_00164.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 6

slshemup

Canna rhizotonic is ok to use on seedlings once they pop up at quarter strenght rhizotonic in a eighth strength hydro nutrient ajust the ph of nutrient solution to ph 6 for hydro and ph 6.5 to 7 for soil.now a problem when using canna rhizotonic is it ups the ph of solution quite high.example is canna rhizotonic at 4 ml per litre in a half strenght hydro nutrient solution will raise the ph of the nutrient slution to around ph 9 so you have to lower it to around ph 6 as ph 6 is neutral for hydroponics and ph 7 is neutral for soil.