What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

have any of your encounters with leo been posative/?

supermanlives

Veteran
so your in trouble and for some reason leo is called .has this just not made things much worse? in my experience once leo get you in the system it dont get better.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
only once out of like 25 encounters....i was involved in hit and run, this asshole smashes my car and speeds off...so i start chasing him and my girl was on phone to 911....i phoned in the dudes plate number and they said to stop chasing and to drop by in the morning....so i go there the next day and the CHP guy has already been to the persons house, gotten their insurance information, and had everything ready real quickly. i was pretty damn surprised...got my car fixed for free and not sure what happened to the asshole who hit me....dude told the CHP that his sons friend borrowed the car..

I

Iron_Lion

I think it all depends on why they are there. I've gotten pulled over for speeding, running stop signs etc.. and been let go. I shut my car off and was nice and polite when they came to my window and they just let me go with verbal warnings.

If they get called for a domestic dispute and its a he said she said kind of thing it can get ugly, and if she says you touched her then you can count on going to jail.

I know peeps hate on pigs, and I sure know I never want to see them at my door step, but as far as catching murders, reporting to the scene of accidents and busting heroin/crack dealers they do serve their purpose.

Luckily where I live there is a high murder rate and large hard drug problems so they leave us pot smokers alone and go bust shit bags that deserve it instead.

Aside from growing a little herb I dont do anything that would warrant police involvement :dunno:

supermanlives

Veteran
well thats cool but if someone hits my ride and tries to move on its bumper cars baby. demolition derby at its finest

Iraganji

I had a vehicle break in and theft where the notepad toting officer tried to insinuate that I did it.

I'll leave out the other stories that I could tell, nothing positive came of them, believe me!

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Yeah... some... but that was before I became a grower.

Now its ON!

LOL

They can be a handful, you fellows should live in a third world country for a few years so you can see the REAL ugly and nasty side of LEO.

Oh well,

Ojo

A

apep

Got jumped and almost robbed by 5 "bloods" in my hood, and the cops spun it around on me sayin it must have been a drug deal gone bad. I was goin to the store for a pack of smokes thats all. Fuckers. So no not posative at all. Hope he gets hep from a junkies needle he pats down.

WelderDan

Veteran
As a rule, the local PD is not so bad. "Yes sir, no sir", keep your attitude in check and all is well. I got stopped for speeding last year. Basically got yelled at, just kept my pie hole shut, took my lecture and got off with a verbal warning.

The last accident I was in, (not my fault) the cop was super cool. I waited my turn, let the other person rant and freak out, then talked to the cop. He thanked me for being patient, calm and respectful. The other person got the shaft.

The moral is to keep cool, be polite, don't argue. No criminal record and no tickets in over 15 years helps, but in my experience, cops react to your attitude and demeanor. Stay calm, be polite, let them do their thing and you'll get through it. They hate assholes and seem to enjoy giving them the treatment. The best way to bring out the asshole in a cop is to be an asshole.

when i was a teenager we were drinking at an abandoned property/house. cops roll up, my friend puked all over a cops shoe, and then cussed them out, with a bottle of liquor in hand. that got him arrested and the dumb fucks didnt ask me or my other friend anything, and told my drunk ass to drive home. i thought it was a trap to get me for drunk driving at first, but i played it out and realized they thought he was the only drunk.
it was actually scary, as i had to drive drunk out of there. its was the ultimate magic act though, distraction at its best! he was acting so crazy and pissed, us 2 quiet drunks looked normal:)

C

chefro420

Good and bad ...

There's great people and pricks in every profession

oldhaole

Veteran
There have been a couple of times when they caught me with a small amount and let me go....one cop just ignored it, and the other made me sit on the side of the road for a half hour and took my stash.

If they wanted to mess with me they could have...but chose not to.

All and all I try not to have ANY encounters with them. Simple really....

Keep your car legal, don't speed, all your lights working etc etc.

Don't get drunk and stupid.

Don't beat you wife, girlfriend, boyfriend,.... whatever.

The list goes on....

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

if the current issue stems from a complaint of some sort expect them to try to resolve the issue.

if the situation stems from an automobile stop then the outcome depends upon your interaction with the leo in attendance.

I got stopped trying to cop some bud in downtown Lake Worth FL w/my nephew on the back of my bike, he was over 18 but was sticking to 'the story' we had planned in the case of this scenario. I could tell right away the cop was busting balls & didn't want to be lied to, after some convincing by me Mikey told the truth & the cop let us go w/a warning not to be found there again.......

recently I've been stopped several times by troopers and sheriffs deputies for speeding but have been let go w/either a verbal or written warnings. being polite and addressing them as officer helps, keeping both hands on the wheel until being asked for a license etc helps too. if reaching into your glove box do it slowly and deliberately for his/her obvious comfort, those overt/obvious gestures on your part might just allow the officer enough comfort and tip the scales in your behalf on writing a ticket.

I recently pulled into a nearby driveway while being stopped on a state highway explaining that "the stats on police vehicles getting hit on these roadways was in the news" and I did this for safety reasons, chick trooper & no ticket for me.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so your in trouble and for some reason leo is called .has this just not made things much worse? in my experience once leo get you in the system it dont get better.

correct. They ALWAYS MAKE THINGS WORSE. dont involve the government in your personal problems.

AGBeer

For the most part, I must say I havent had any 'issues' with LEO. Sure Ive been pulled before, but I knew what the hell I was doing and made no qualms about it. IMO, I learned to respect LEO moreso when I had a child. If you want something that is really mindblowing - take a ride along with your local PD one day.

I

Iron_Lion

Either that or move to Nevada.

I saw an episode of cops set in NV where the cop totally went off on a guy foro jay walking. The guy was just trying to walk back to his motel to eat his hot dog and the cop went nutty, pulled his tazer, cuffed bagged and tagged the guy, involved the guys parents, the whole 9 yards. I couldnt believe how much tax payer time was wasted on a jay walking offense.

I feel bad for the peeps that live in states like NV or Oklahoma.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I saw an episode of cops set in NV where the cop totally went off on a guy foro jay walking. The guy was just trying to walk back to his motel to eat his hot dog and the cop went nutty, pulled his tazer, cuffed bagged and tagged the guy, involved the guys parents, the whole 9 yards. I couldnt believe how much tax payer time was wasted on a jay walking offense.

Nevada is def different. Just recently, 2 or the 3 cops who were involved in a very questionable shooting were awarded the honor of Top Cop. The only reason the 3rd one wasn't was because he got caught doing some illegal shit afterwards, like supplying a known felon with a firearm amongst other things. Only in Nevada.
BTW, the should change the name of the show Cops to The LEO Flexing his Balls Happy Hour.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran

thats fucking disgusting.