What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashplants

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
this is sativa hashplant, it contains haze, oaxacan79 and bshw. I would bet that bshw is mazar hybrid. lovely orange spice hash from it, soo yummy.

full

full

full

therevverend

Veteran
Hi there Rev, what’s on your roster this year? I’m trying out two Baaba Qo Selections and revisiting two from a couple of years ago. Started seeds April 1.

Hashplants mostly, seems like this will be the year of the hashplants. Keep us posted on how things go, it all sounds great. Very curious about the Waziri from TRSC. I'm sure the Baaba Qo will be amazing. My Sholgar last year was male, it had an amazing smell like dried orange. It died in a tragic case of male abuse before I could collect it's pollen. My buddy has a couple going, I'll try to get some pics. They could be the best strain from the Balkh region, which is the homeland of hashish. I've got some Durand Line Project 2020 going, so far it seems to be excellent. Also have some Baloch hashplants I'm very excited about.

Here's some pics of the Durand Project plants. The first is a Zer Karez, from Zabul Province. You can read the description at the Indian Landrace Exchange's website under projects.

View media item 18701400
It's a semi-domesticated landrace from the hills, a remote area with far less cultivation in general then the valleys. There's a lot of orchards; nut trees, apples, grapes, etc. The strain was created by the locals, crossing high quality seeds from the northern hashish producing regions with the local semi-feral landrace. This seems to be common throughout southern Afghanistan. The quality breeding takes place in the valleys and in the north while the locals have landraces of lesser yield and quality but also distinctive useful traits such as shorter flowering time. These are already showing vigor and a fine smell.

The next one is the Shahjoy from Zabul Province, similar story. I'm really liking the looks and smell of this one, seems to be very fine. Zabul seems to be a less populated, very rural, impoverished province on the border with Pakistan. Much of the country is mountainous. It makes me more excited about these strains, that they come from an area far from the beaten path.

View media item 18701404
And the last one I'll post today is the Nawa Ghazni. Ghazni is located on the main transportation route and is highly agricultural. Nawa District has been suffering from drought and is more remote. It's noted for it's fine hashish and this strain comes from a careful breeder who maintains and selects his seeds in a thoughtful manner. As compared to the other selections I've shown which are bred in a simple landrace manner. I'm excited about these for the opposite reason I'm excited about the other two. Seeing a fine cultivated hashish strain from a knowledgeable breeder who has worked to improve his strain.

View media item 18701402
I have quite a bit more to post and talk about. Growing some stuff from Bob Hemphill, Crickets and Cicada seeds. I'll be back with more pics when I have time.

p59teitel

You sound like a busy grower this season! Very interested to hear about the southeastern Afghan strains and also the Balochis.

You asked about the Waziri. My favorite strain grown so far, produces a great daytime upbeat happy high. Started with a 5 pack from The Real Seed Co. in 2020, all popped and 4 of 5 made it into adulthood. 2 males and 2 females grown in ground outdoors. Ended up with two quite different females, one was a classic bushy 5’ hashplant that drove me nuts with rot issues, was able to harvest over 90% but a total pain in the ass that required continual inspection and whittling. Had flowers that smelled like a margarita topped with a shot of gasoline -

EBF2ABD5-ACEB-4841-869A-F88665794A25.jpeg

CEF2F46C-A676-4A63-B213-0818E450B9C8.jpeg

The other one was this 6’ stretchy and less leafy plant that was very mold resistant. She lasted until Oct 29th. Her flowers smelled garlicky -

AB049288-E12A-48D7-91BF-047A194D4B75.jpeg
788C5CB9-15F0-449F-8975-0CDE4A3D38A2.jpeg

I repro’d seeds from both, via each of the two males. Last summer I grew this daughter of the garlic mom in the pot on the right, it was an easy keeper and retained the garlic scent -

FA9830BD-2464-40CC-96FE-2EC2467B55BC.jpeg

And I’m finishing off these two daughters of the bushier PITA mom as we speak, grown this winter on the windowsill, they smell like their mom -

9C0283F5-1B5F-49F7-A334-EEB24F681203.jpeg
C37402D8-56EF-4C51-A3C6-B6BACBCBAE85.jpeg
56BD7354-57C1-47CF-A384-0B9CD508AC39.jpeg

Smokewise, I love this strain. It makes makes me want to go do stuff with a smile on my face. Perfect for yard work. The flowers smoke very smoothly for a hashplant. Both phenos I’ve encountered have plump bracts and good bracht to leaf ratio, and seem to pass that on. And what is interesting is that the flowers that I’ve smoked from both 2020 plants and the repro last summer have had very similar effects, despite the Margarita and garlic phenos being so different. Here is a bud from the 2020 garlic mom, it cured very nicely and has lost nothing in quality after 18 months in the jar -

ADA5A51A-48BD-4340-B319-388B63673452.jpeg

2E274AE5-EE30-4A8C-A2B2-69C816E4B7B7.jpeg

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
hawaiian hashplant, crazy stinky...

I love Hawaiian hashplants. Just doesn't get better then that. Those look amazing.

You asked about the Waziri. My favorite strain grown so far, produces a great daytime upbeat happy high.

Sounds great. Looks a lot like the old PNW hashplant, the color and shape of the plant, and the resin. Lucky to find a keeper like that.

I've got a few Sensi Star x Puck HP bx3 going. The Puck came from Nevil's original hashplants, basically preserved with the 80s. The Sensi Star in the mix is supposed to be the one from the mid 90s. So far very impressed. Here's a look at one.

View media item 18701508
They all have that deadly Indica look. The Shahjoy from Indian Landrace Exchange's Durand line project has the deadly Indica look on steroids. Here's a look.

View media item 18701507
Showing lots of vigor so far. Next is the Kali Ram Hashplant from Landrace Mafia. It's a Himalayan hand rub type hash plant, from Nirang which is across the river from Malana. These plants are very sensitive to their environment. Tracking the sun across the sky, drooping when it rains. There's a good chance they should be mold resistance. The breeder chose these plants for their dark purple colors, Kali means black. When they sprouted they had purple tips but those have faded as the weather has gotten warmer and they've gotten bigger. The first one is tri leaved, meaning it has whorled phyllotaxy. Shiva's weapon is a trident so...

View media item 18701506
View media item 18701505

therevverend

Veteran
Transplanted 5 Rustam Kush, 4 Sholgar, 5 Waziri repro and 1 Balkhi repro into the garden today

I'm doing the same thing, either getting them in the ground now or in big containers until they sex. Giving those roots lots of room. The Sholgar especially seems to be a fast growing vigorous plant and it can take a decent amount of fertilizer. Growing these selectively bred Afghans from lower elevations I've found the idea that 'true' hashplants tend to be small, 6 feet or less, is untrue. Hindu Kush hashplants from higher elevations are short and squat but the Durand Line stuff can get huge. I think the selection in the west has been for shorter plants because they make for better indoor growing. Another factor is feeding, with enough food and water some of these strains will get huge. I'd expect the Sholgar to get 8 feet tall at least. I have a buddy running a few in eastern Washington, excited to see how they turn out.

one note to hawaiian hashplant, if you want real mold resistant hashplant, look for hawaiian. just a tip.

Yep I'd think so. Nothing selects for mold resistance like outdoors in a humid tropical climate. I'm running Bodhi's Passionfruit hashplant, Pure Kush x Lao Muang Sing x G13HP. Going to be interesting if the Lao side helps the resistance. They're already growing thick and bushy and smell amazing for young plants.

This is my first year running Himalayan hand rubbed hashplants. Some of my Kali Rams have been showing signs of dampening off, some sort of fungal wilt. Causing the fan leaves to droop. They've mostly snapped out of it as the weather's dried out and warmed up, and I've gotten them out of their rootbound containers. They're some of the most sensitive plants I've grown, especially the way they track the sun. here's a look at one I just stuck in the ground. Showing impressive purple coloration.

View media item 18701624
View media item 18701623
One of my first plants in the ground was this Nirang '#2 Ashphalt smelling pheno'. It's settled in nicely.

View media item 18701622
I've been warned these plants might finish late, into November. I'm a little concerned but they should show incredible mold resistance and decent resistance to frost. In the Himalayas they get covered in dew daily during late flowering and their airy flower structure should shed water quickly. The low light levels could be a problem but they're likely used to shading in the high mountain valleys. It's going to be fun seeing how these turn out.

therevverend

Veteran
One more picture from Indian Landrace Exchange's 2020 Durand Line Project. Excited to see how this one turns out. It's from Nawa District in Ghazni Province, a district known for it's high quality breeding. 1600-2000 meters altitude in an area that's having water shortages. All three of these Durand line selections were grown next to productive orchards that grew nuts and fruit. I'd love to get cuttings and sample the fruit and nuts from these farms, it seems possible they're growing unique landraces that are found nowhere else in the world. Beekeeping in Afghanistan is in it's infancy, I'm curious what they do for pollination. I know it's taking off in Pakistan, many people there are learning modern beekeeping. It would be quite the adventure to teach modern beekeeping techniques and learn traditional hash making in return on these farms. Honey is extremely valuable in Afghanistan.

The farmer who bred this strain is a master grower, master breeder. He has two distinct types he maintains on his farm. One is an earlier finishing, smaller yielding and less potent strain. The plants grow up to two meters, the tallest a little over head high. The second variety is longer flowering, more potent and resinous, and grows into huge round mosque-like bushes. Much more vigor. Hopefully the seeds I planted came from the 2nd variety although I hope they finish in time. Here's a look at one.

View media item 18701402
View media item 18701647

There's a lot to like here. Fat round leaves, vigor, and interesting smells.

elchischas

Veteran
Hi everybody
The past year I made a cross with a Michoacan méxican hybrid, which its the common thing on that area mainly a cross of the old Michoacan strains with powerful american indicas (hybrids). I cross that Michoacan indica with pure Pakistani X-18
The result was a thing that i called "Talibana"
Fast flowering deep citrus Apple aroma plants with a powerful body mind effect.
IMG_20220523_194353.jpg
IMG_20220523_194629.jpg

Happy Times

Hashplants mostly, seems like this will be the year of the hashplants. Keep us posted on how things go, it all sounds great. Very curious about the Waziri from TRSC. I'm sure the Baaba Qo will be amazing. My Sholgar last year was male, it had an amazing smell like dried orange. It died in a tragic case of male abuse before I could collect it's pollen. My buddy has a couple going, I'll try to get some pics. They could be the best strain from the Balkh region, which is the homeland of hashish. I've got some Durand Line Project 2020 going, so far it seems to be excellent. Also have some Baloch hashplants I'm very excited about.

Here's some pics of the Durand Project plants. The first is a Zer Karez, from Zabul Province. You can read the description at the Indian Landrace Exchange's website under projects.

View media item 18701400
It's a semi-domesticated landrace from the hills, a remote area with far less cultivation in general then the valleys. There's a lot of orchards; nut trees, apples, grapes, etc. The strain was created by the locals, crossing high quality seeds from the northern hashish producing regions with the local semi-feral landrace. This seems to be common throughout southern Afghanistan. The quality breeding takes place in the valleys and in the north while the locals have landraces of lesser yield and quality but also distinctive useful traits such as shorter flowering time. These are already showing vigor and a fine smell.

The next one is the Shahjoy from Zabul Province, similar story. I'm really liking the looks and smell of this one, seems to be very fine. Zabul seems to be a less populated, very rural, impoverished province on the border with Pakistan. Much of the country is mountainous. It makes me more excited about these strains, that they come from an area far from the beaten path.

View media item 18701404
And the last one I'll post today is the Nawa Ghazni. Ghazni is located on the main transportation route and is highly agricultural. Nawa District has been suffering from drought and is more remote. It's noted for it's fine hashish and this strain comes from a careful breeder who maintains and selects his seeds in a thoughtful manner. As compared to the other selections I've shown which are bred in a simple landrace manner. I'm excited about these for the opposite reason I'm excited about the other two. Seeing a fine cultivated hashish strain from a knowledgeable breeder who has worked to improve his strain.

View media item 18701402
I have quite a bit more to post and talk about. Growing some stuff from Bob Hemphill, Crickets and Cicada seeds. I'll be back with more pics when I have time.
Interesting lineup Rev! wishing you the best of luck this year

Breadwizard

Here's the most hash plant-y thing I've got going this year: Aunt Bubba (Aunt of Farouk x Bubba Kush). At about 7 weeks in the last picture. Smells like caramel toffee coffee sweetened with fruit syrup and topped with a spoon of hash. This is light dep early crop, I've got a Big Sur Holy WLD expression flowering too, I'll get a picture of her up in a few days
PXL_20220418_225723368~2.jpg

PXL_20220504_172324368~2.jpg
PXL_20220520_172254517~2.jpg
PXL_20220523_235143471~2.jpg

therevverend

Veteran

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Here's the most hash plant-y thing I've got going this year: Aunt Bubba (Aunt of Farouk x Bubba Kush). At about 7 weeks in the last picture. Smells like caramel toffee coffee sweetened with fruit syrup and topped with a spoon of hash. This is light dep early crop, I've got a Big Sur Holy WLD expression flowering too, I'll get a picture of her up in a few days
View attachment 18715686
View attachment 18715685 View attachment 18715684 View attachment 18715683
it is very nice plant!

bshw contains old school mazar imo. meditative type of... not that hard hitter.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Yep I'd think so. Nothing selects for mold resistance like outdoors in a humid tropical climate. I'm running Bodhi's Passionfruit hashplant, Pure Kush x Lao Muang Sing x G13HP. Going to be interesting if the Lao side helps the resistance. They're already growing thick and bushy and smell amazing for young plants.
I see. I found og kush quite resistant. lemon larry was worse in it though. I dont know pure kush. but laos can help, thats sure.

that sensi star cross will be some old school 90s hashplant. I remember times when sensi star was assumed as absolute top weed... it is good breeder, deathstar is proof of it.

I just smoked some of that indica pheno of hawaiian hashplant. it is top notch effect. very relaxing calming, not couchlock at all, and the strength is that numbing one. but very very pleasant stony dimension to it like slumber on slightly rocking boat. very numbing that's sure.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Hashplants from 1979 Willow Creek, Humboldt County. I'm pretty sure this variety is in todays modern Hashplant varieties. It was only 4-5', greasy as hell and tasted just like Afghani Black hash slabs coming from Afghanistan. I got it from a guy up on my hill. Strong memories of it's skunkiness to the extreme. I used to call it "Turds of Joy" ovallly, round, sticky to the max golfballs. Hard to roll a joint was so sticky. Stinky, stinky,stinky.
IMG_2307.jpeg
IMG_2304.jpeg

p59teitel

The two new strains, Sholgar and Rustam Kush from Baabo Qo Selections, are doing very well after three weeks in the ground. Starting to branch out and show initial signs of sexing, so far 5 of 9 look to be female. Boosted them last week with the first top dress application of worm castings, although they don’t seem as demanding of nutrients as last year’s Tirah did. Check out the fat leaves on Rustam Kush 4!

690D4EBB-F4D9-41A6-9359-38C574EC41AE.jpeg
1E75CEE9-C7C5-4E1E-A1D9-F534AF4FB5F4.jpeg
6F0F643F-857B-4F1A-9360-0ECC8102B974.jpeg
2B93E2F4-4843-44D1-AE99-0A0A1C95E735.jpeg

p59teitel

My outdoor repros of TRSC Balkhi and Waziri are doing great too, the Waziri may be the most vigorous of all. The flower pic at the end is of one of two Waziri repros I grew for shits and giggles on my windowsill over the winter in 2 gallon bags, through messing around with light dep it is just now finishing up after 4 months of flower (although I’m holding out to see some amber trichs). Large bracts and excellent bract to leaf ratio despite far less than ideal grow conditions -

76B403FF-AC74-4954-90FF-B453C386CE87.jpeg
56465370-FCE3-4339-AF29-C744329D229C.jpeg
CB085BAF-DB2C-44CC-BE4A-B75426451D19.jpeg
DACA35B9-4A66-4AF4-BA5A-A5D549E2A961.jpeg
AD1BF48D-5727-49C2-A0A7-EA5CCBFBE4F8.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts