What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hash in the Attic?

secret21

Hi All :wave:

Just wondering if anyone watched this on bbc 1 on tuesday and what your views were?

bbc link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8338693.stm

I watched it and found it to be sensationilist garbage, if they really wanted to make a proper programme they should have did it focussing on the chinese gangs etc.

They seemed to contradict themselves all the way through it.

I dont see what problem a guy growing some plants in the loft mostly for personal use and a few friends, the way they were making out everyone was lumped in together.

A point of note for the programme makers would be not all drug dealers sell swag to bloody kids:mad:

As for the english woman on it gimme a break.

U

uncle_shorty

They kept talking about how todays "skunk" was so chemically different than the reggy in the 60s and people growing "skunk" would do anything to get money and how it created prostitutes, like prostitutes wouldnt exist without weed or something, what a pile of horseshit, sooo glad I dont live in Scotland

secret21

Yeah complete garbage, they want to try and lump everyone in with the chinese and gambian fellas who really are growing on huge scale thing is it`s 9 out of 10 times awful weed, these guys are running all sorts of criminal enterprises but not off the back of growing weed.

All these prostitution rackets were already going on before the explosion of triads gangs etc growing large scale.

TokeSolo

They kept talking about how todays "skunk" was so chemically different than the reggy in the 60s and people growing "skunk" would do anything to get money and how it created prostitutes, like prostitutes wouldnt exist without weed or something, what a pile of horseshit, sooo glad I dont live in Scotland

I know lol they can't blame all of the country's problems like prostitution, extortion etc on cannabis. The show was a bit of a ridiculous show and very biased :bashhead:

daddy fingaz

I watched this on bbc iplayer, with a name like 'hash in the attic' you just know its gonna be full of nonsense!

always makes me laugh when they talk about 'hydroponic lights', for a start i didnt see a single hydro set up in the whole show, also amusing how another copper commented on the lights being used to heat the plants!?! wtf !?

was just a load of rubbish really and most of the crap they came out with being good arguments for legalization etc!

silly copper at the end saying something along the lines of 'next time you roll a joint be aware that your money is fuelling prostitution, people trafficing etc.'

err no mate thats the fault of the draconian 'laws' your upholding, besides i know exactly where anything i smoke has come from!!!:joint:

Mr Mojo Risin

aye i set my reminder on sky to watch this - i might aswell not of bothered.. bit of a nazi attitude towards our sacred herb and didnt make stoners out to be the creative, turned on people we are either.

that english woman on there was a fucking joke, looked like a right snitch and someone i wouldnt ever trust judging on first impressions based on looks and the way she spoke. she never had a clue and i guess shes pissed off because she only had 'friends' when they set her house up with lights and harvest times when they bought it all off her for 10 quid an oscar! = fuckin clown..

yeah, big thumbs down to the bbc for that pile of shyte they made us endure! wonder if they will ever broadcast a pro-weed/truth docu on cannabis? 'the secret world of the mellow stoners' probably not, as they wouldnt get many viewers as people can see that for themselves i guess. folk need something nasty to swallow sometimes i think its just part of being british, we kindof get off on shitty debates and jeremy kyles/vines type stuff.

crap programme but had to watch it. (prob the same thoughts as the rest of yas who saw it)

D

Doctor John

Typical BBC nonsense.....

Typical BBC nonsense.....

Sensationalist garbage, delivered by some, somewhat old, WAG who did not have a clue what she was talking about.......... exactly as one would expect from the bbc regarding drugs/cannabis: its always the same..... they seek to perpetuate all the lies and bullshit that governments keep spouting, because its one area that they keep "in" with successive governments. Just wish the SNP were a LOT more enlightened about the issues............ they will not discuss the issues at all.
Always find the police bits in these documentaries, or should it be bolloxmentaries?, a bit weird, they always look to me like they have watched too much television (dramatic cop shows from the US) and their choice of language is nothing other than bizarre........
The only bit of any interest, well to me anyhow, was the "researcher" bit, but he was only on for seconds....
If the bbc gave the same time to a rational, adult, open, discussion about the issues, as Professor Nutt asked for, perhaps the population in general may then be in a position to hold a view or opinion based upon fact rather than fiction.........