What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hash from seeded buds?

bouc

Hi everyone,
Since i grow for both medecine and food, i had the idea of growing a plot for both seeds and hash, simultaneously.
So i would grow male an females together, let the girls get seeded and then sieve to separate resin, seeds and plant matter.

What do you guys think? Will i have too big of a dip in quality/potency to make it worth?

Thanks for all insight,

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just make sure that the females have enough time to develop a substantial amount of buds before the males kick in. That means you have to cull the early males, because if a female gets pollinated early it will stop producing more bud mass. Culling of early flowering males may also lead to more potent offspring in the seeds made, as some growers/breeders reported.
I regularly pollinate the ladies and if done right you can have seeds AND flowers to smoke on.

bouc

Just make sure that the females have enough time to develop a substantial amount of buds before the males kick in. That means you have to cull the early males, because if a female gets pollinated early it will stop producing more bud mass. Culling of early flowering males may also lead to more potent offspring in the seeds made, as some growers/breeders reported.
I regularly pollinate the ladies and if done right you can have seeds AND flowers to smoke on.
Indeed, i have heard the same. Thanks for the tip!

Asentrouw

Sounds like a good plan.

Used seeded buds many times for hash and there was nothing wrong with the quality/potency. Certainly worth it.

Its correct though, seeded buds are smaller then sensimilla. So you yield a bit less (or just grow more).

kaochiu

Veteran
If males grow next to the females, they can be cut right before opening and place them in a flower pot with water until it opens, then collecting the polen, dilluting it in a bit of distilled water and then paint selected buds whenever suits you. So you can have plenty seeds, hash, and buds, all of them nice looking.

kaochiu

Veteran
The weather reports in Spain list cannabis in their pollen/allergy information because there is so much of it in the air from Morocco even on that side of the Mediterranean.
It depends on the wind, moroccans grow big in the Rif, but spaniards grow everywhere, maybe they say the same about “our” pollen :D

Brother Nature

Traditional hash has been made for thousands of years and was made from seeded plants grown on acres of land, there's no way it was sensimillia. Many old heads say the hash from the old days massively surpasses what is produced today so take from that what you will, female only production has been a very recent trend in cannabis, hash has not.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Traditional hash has been made for thousands of years and was made from seeded plants grown on acres of land, there's no way it was sensimillia. Many old heads say the hash from the old days massively surpasses what is produced today so take from that what you will, female only production has been a very recent trend in cannabis, hash has not.
Thousands of years is a stretch. Cannabis use yes but there are no such old findings explicitly for a hash culture.

radioman

I still grow buds with seeds outdoors. Last years seed bud crop got flooded. Even though I have plenty of seeds - I still put out about 24 unsexed plants every year in a separate plot and just let them grow. Then I have 3 separate plots with 9 Females each. Last year was terrible with the big flood in July. All the plots got flooded. Some plants grew back after I propped them up. I had a fair amount of money tied up in those plants that I lost + all the work...

bouc

I still grow buds with seeds outdoors. Last years seed bud crop got flooded. Even though I have plenty of seeds - I still put out about 24 unsexed plants every year in a separate plot and just let them grow. Then I have 3 separate plots with 9 Females each. Last year was terrible with the big flood in July. All the plots got flooded. Some plants grew back after I propped them up. I had a fair amount of money tied up in those plants that I lost + all the work...
Ay that stinks, hope you'll get better luck next season. Raised beds maybe?