What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone used a Magic Butter Machine?

This machine will not help with the smell. Mostly because the part that smells is decarbing. When you cook it for 15m @ 300f you convert and active the thc and it will likely smoke a little..
So it's gonna smell if I decarb the herb in the oven. And if I don't do that, the end result is not gonna be as potent.

But if I just use the decarb function on the MB2, what amount of smell does it produce that way? I've read that it doesn't completely decarb the herb, but it's better than nothing, I suppose?

How would you guys estimate the potency with proper decarb vs. just using the MB2? 50%? 75%?

I'm asking because I'd really like to make some edibles other than always from already vaped bud. And I don't mind if I can't make huge batches. I'm only growing one plant at a time, and I'd like to just make some edibles without worrying about if my neighbours will smell it. :)

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Not sure..

Not sure..

So it's gonna smell if I decarb the herb in the oven. And if I don't do that, the end result is not gonna be as potent.

But if I just use the decarb function on the MB2, what amount of smell does it produce that way? I've read that it doesn't completely decarb the herb, but it's better than nothing, I suppose?

How would you guys estimate the potency with proper decarb vs. just using the MB2? 50%? 75%?

I'm asking because I'd really like to make some edibles other than always from already vaped bud. And I don't mind if I can't make huge batches. I'm only growing one plant at a time, and I'd like to just make some edibles without worrying about if my neighbours will smell it. :)

If you decarb in the Oven it will smell.

I have done it both ways and it seems about the same.

No smell from the MB2.

Wish I could be of more help. :ying:

Dr.Chas-THC

Love my MBII

Love my MBII

Yes, they work great. I Love mine, but so far, I have only done tinctures with 96% Spirytus. And then sadly, slowly boil off the alcohol, on an induction cook top, and be left with smokable oil. Oh the misery... Hahaha
VERSION III was to be released, this month. With Bluetooth and more variable temperature control, as well, a second set of blades.

Dr.Chas-THC

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Version III ..

Version III ..

Yes, they work great. I Love mine, but so far, I have only done tinctures with 96% Spirytus. And then sadly, slowly boil off the alcohol, on an induction cook top, and be left with smokable oil. Oh the misery... Hahaha
VERSION III was to be released, this month. With Bluetooth and more variable temperature control, as well, a second set of blades.

Dr.Chas-THC

Sounds like a winner :party:

davidw44

Just got mine. How much butterfly or coconut oil and how much bud's will you use. I have made butter using trim in a crackpot. And if you use capsules where do you get them.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
1 ounce of Bud to a pound of Coconut Oil..

1 ounce of Bud to a pound of Coconut Oil..

Just got mine. How much butterfly or coconut oil and how much bud's will you use. I have made butter using trim in a crackpot. And if you use capsules where do you get them.

I usually make 2lb batches of Coconut Oil with 2 ounces of Bud.

Make sure you decarb first :party: You can get caps at health/nutrition store or on the web

davidw44

Love mine

Love mine

Made a batch of butter. So dam easy. Ate a cookie about an hour ago. Sitting here with a smile on my face.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Love mine also..

Love mine also..

I'm ready to do another pound of Coconut Oil :party: Just made my last batch of CocoCanaCookies

Latest posts

Latest posts