What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone had success in completely eradicating russet or broad mites?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny I tried the can but it didn't work for me though they just came back

you must have some wild ones then, it worked on heavy infestations for us leaving us with none for years now. Wish it worked out for you sorry bro. If you want to try again, once your room is empty, run beethoven, pylon, then pyrethrum, each 3 days apart. If that doesnt do it, you have the gnarliest ones ive ever heard of.

nillwatson532

I had them once

About 10 years ago I diagnosed russet mites in my garden.

It was August and all my plants were about 6 feet tall when they just stopped growing.

A "friend" had brought over several teens that I did not ask for, or particularly want.

Big mistake - me accepting them.

He later discovered he had been infected and never called to tell me.

But, as far as I know, you just can't safely eradicate them.

I cut every plant down and burned them in a big pile.

Heartbreaking, but it had to be done.

Tilled the ground several times before the freezing weather came.

It has been 10 years now, no sign of Russet Mites.

Keep those buggy friends out of your garden!

Stev3

I had them once

About 10 years ago I diagnosed russet mites in my garden.

It was August and all my plants were about 6 feet tall when they just stopped growing.

A "friend" had brought over several teens that I did not ask for, or particularly want.

Big mistake - me accepting them.

He later discovered he had been infected and never called to tell me.

But, as far as I know, you just can't safely eradicate them.

I cut every plant down and burned them in a big pile.

Heartbreaking, but it had to be done.

Tilled the ground several times before the freezing weather came.

It has been 10 years now, no sign of Russet Mites.

Keep those buggy friends out of your garden!

Some friend you got there lol Did you spray or put anything in the ground before tilling it?

you must have some wild ones then, it worked on heavy infestations for us leaving us with none for years now. Wish it worked out for you sorry bro. If you want to try again, once your room is empty, run beethoven, pylon, then pyrethrum, each 3 days apart. If that doesnt do it, you have the gnarliest ones ive ever heard of.

Sorry didn't see your post. Yeah I'm going to try again, took a month long break. One day I decided to look at my neighbors plants and their leave were all twisted and curled so I think it might be from them. Thing is they're not cannabis plants, they're citrus plants and I can't just tell them to spray their plants with pesticides lol

I'm going do them a favor and throw some beneficial mites in their tree...hopefully they'll build a colony and wipe them out