What's new

Harvest Time!

kushRus93

i saw that your from NZ and that not many neuts are readily tangible,,, your still doing awesome as it shows in your nugs!! love your country btw, i went heliboarding in metheven and all over NZ great place!!!

Gidday there Kush! Yeah we're lucky enough to have Canna and H&G now.

I run Canna.

Yeah we've definitely got some awesome snow over here!

Since you revived this thread so close to my latest harvest I thought I'd document this run.

I've pulled 3 Chem Dog's today at day 81, there is another one left in there that still doesn't quite look ready.

So here are some pics of the three I pulled. I have been suffering from a lack of smell/taste lately so I have decided to change the whole way I harvest. I am now trying to hang the plants completely, then take fan leaves off after roughly 5 days and then chop the smaller leaves at around 10-14 days. Then I will jar up and cure properly.

So here's some pics

SAM_3510.jpg

SAM_3517.jpg

SAM_3506.jpg

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fantastic looking buds! Calyxes are huge!

I am hanging my plants to dry with all but the fan leaves still on. I think that way you will have to cure it less in the jars. They should be ready for jars tomorrow or next day. Been 5 days already.

5 days? Are they dry enough? Judging by your post count you may well know more than me, but I'd be incredibly skeptical of jarring bud thats been drying 5 days, I'd be waiting atleast ten.

Maybe get a hygrometer and measure humidity in the jar, cause it sure sucks when you get mold in jars!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Yea, I had some sativa that should have gone in jars after 2 days. It was really loose and dried out quick, got too dry really.

I am in socal and it is usually dry here so that and the fact they are in the grow tent with the extraction fan going will help along too.

Hey there people.

First harvest was (if I remember correctly) 17oz's of White Dutch, and 5 oz's of Afghani Gold.

Hey there izzybud, GHS Chemdog seem to yield really well, I've got another plant in there that's nearly ready to come down, I think it will yield way better than these three, it's covered in MASSIVE dense buds with sweet fuck all leaf. Im hoping for a total yield of around 12-16 oz's off the four plants. They were under a 600, and were grown in coco, they were vegged for approximately a month from seed, and were roughly 50cm's tall when turned. I used Canna nutes.

My yields have been suffering a lot lately as it is winter here, and I grow in my garage so it's not uncommon for "night" temps to get really really cold.

Be aware the CD stretch like crazy! But out of the 4 I grew 2 were definitely yielders! 1 had lots of golf ball sized nugs, the other stretched much higher and had fewer buds but the buds were all coffee cup sized! Even the very bottom turned to golf ball sized nugs. The whole plant was VERY dense!

I highly reccomend this strain!

izzybud

im prepared for stretch. hopefully it wont be too bad on me. good to hear about the bud sizes and yeild. thanks

Bit of a crap photo sorry Izzy, but here's the last Chem Dog (the best yielder!)

CD.jpg

CDBud1.jpg

CDBud2.jpg

CDBud3.jpg

CDBud4.jpg

Leaves are all hanging now on the other 3 Chem Dogs. I did a check last night and unfortunately I pulled them at 75 days, not the 81 as previously stated, I think the last one will go 84 days.

Temps in the airing cupboard are lower than I might like (roughly 16 degrees celcius) but humidity is nice and stable at 55%

So after 5 days of drying I trimmed all the fan leaves today, buds are looking gooooooood!

SO I forgot to get pics of CD1 before and after pics, but I got some of 2 and 3.

CD2.jpg

CD2NL.jpg

CD3.jpg

CD3NL.jpg

The last Chem Dog is still holding out, and not quite ready, I would like to see her come down on Sunday (day 84 12/12).

Cheers Izzi! Yeah the last one looks to be insane! The buds are so solid! And they're huge! I started flushing them too early and they're almost entirely yellow, but the trich's are still not amber!

Anyway Im gonna pull them on sunday hopefully.

The others are all looking very good and really solid, they feel dry, but they're still slightly damp in the middle, today is day 7 since the pull, Im hoping they will be ready for day 10-14ish

Yikesy

I've been growing for about 15 years, and found that in most cases, simpler is better.

1. Cut plant at the stalk.
2. Trim all the buds completely.
3. Place in drying rack.
4. When the stems snap, they go into jars (usually afte 5 days).
6. Done.

100% successful, every time. My buds reek.

Latest posts

Latest posts