What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harvest time question

*GreenMachine*

Hey everyone, I have a quick question if anyone knows the answer...does anyone know the roughly 8 week mark of flowering outdoors in southwest Pa(I know 12/12 means nothing outdoors and only looking for the closest guess, obviously plants with full day light finish faster....so the answer is assuming they are getting full days of light...) thank you to anyone willing to chime in if you know(and please don’t point me to another thread, only the answer if you know please) thank you and hope everyone is staying safe atm and wish everyone a good harvest this summer :)

dirty-joe

Hey everyone, I have a quick question if anyone knows the answer...does anyone know the roughly 8 week mark of flowering outdoors in southwest Pa:)

When can you harvest ?

No answer without more information...1) What strain, and 2) of lesser importance, but still relevant when sprouted ?

There are lots of 8 week strains, the harvest times of which can be anywhere from Sept 1 to end of Oct. And then there are earlier Autos, and later ones too. Going way back I had bag seed plants out till Nov 11 that still were not ripe. I'm about 5° north of you.

Last edited:

*GreenMachine*

I was just wondering when the roughly 8 week mark of flowering were so I could know when to go out to the spots to start checking them closer is all.(not all of them are 8 week strains was just to give me an idea was all...) in the past I’ve been able to access them easier and pay attention and I’ve done some of the sour bubble phenos I have outdoors indoors but never outdoors. There are a whole array of strains mostly indicas and hybrids too many to list...sour bubble, pre 98 bubba, island punch, green crack, Dinafem OG, Phantom OG etc. the list goes on and on....they were started indoors months ago and all went outside after cloning the ones I didn’t already have mother’s of....they were all already over a foot/topped(some topped multiply times) and had wooded stems by time I put them out after the 2nd week of June so they will definitely be bushes come harvest....I got to check the green crack the other day(not my preference, but hey attitude seeds freebies why not ?) and has already doubled I have a feeling I’m gonna have an easy LB+ plant on that one alone....

MoeFunk

With such a wide variety of genetics, your finishing times will be all over the place. Most of those should finish early-mid October. I'd start checking on them in late Sept.

*GreenMachine*

Yea it’s gonna be a suuupppeeerrr pain in the ass to go back so often and obv increases the cation am gonna have to take. I think next year I’m going to put only 1 typed of strain 1 phenotype per spot so I don’t have to keep returning to same spot....that is if I’m still in the same state next year or not in the pokey(knock on wood)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Where you are matters. What's your LAT?

Technically, outdoor flowering should start about 3 weeks after the summer solstice as the days get shorter (debatable). Up here (Lat 45) flowering starts Mid August with about 10 hours of darkness.

Look here and search for your location.
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/

LizardMan

Outdoors is a different beast then indoors. I find like tycho said around lat 45 mid august is a good gauge for start of flower.... I find as the hours of light get less the flowering speeds up could be cause i get excited or cause the size of bud is bigger but some seem to over night just explode. Youll find out each plant is different even how much more shade it gets to the one sitting next to it

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Outdoors is a different beast then indoors. I find like tycho said around lat 45 mid august is a good gauge for start of flower.... I find as the hours of light get less the flowering speeds up could be cause i get excited or cause the size of bud is bigger but some seem to over night just explode. Youll find out each plant is different even how much more shade it gets to the one sitting next to it

Males are also very different. Nothing one week, a pollen cloud the next. You have to check every 4-5 days.

LizardMan

I find many males are almost autoflower in nature when they come to maturity. From first pre flower to pollen flying can defiantly be FAST!!

Latest posts

Latest posts