What's new

Harvest dry ?

noway

Are shrooms like cannabis in the terms of harvest? For example is there an indication as to when to harvest?

Once harvested how do you dry and cure the product?

yes...when the veils break away from the caps... i always air dry on a screen or vented shelving... can ad dehumidifyers or decicant stuff to remove air and moisture

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
old thread.. anyway, you don't cure mushrooms. Harvest -> dry -> store.

I dry them in a food dehydrator I picked up at a garage sale for $20. I suggest buying one if you can't find a cheap one locally.

If you wait too long spores will drop and your medium and stalks will turn all black. Harvest Time is right, as soon as veil breaks.

Tweexican

One thing to note is that most mushrooms will almost double in size once the veil has broken. This is a significant factor as weight usually accounts for the growing purpose.

There are still debates as to whether or not psilocybin production stops as soon as the veil tears. In my experience, it does slow down, but does not stop. If you don't mind huge mushrooms with black spores all over them, by all means let your fruit fully mature.

-Tweex

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always harvest just as the veil starts to tear, i want it attached as much as i can. However for "bag appeal" or "big caps" alot of people around here like them fully open, i tried to explain it to a few, but soon gave up trying