What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

harborside will take over

supermanlives

Veteran
you heard it harborside will be in the game there. and we all know how they play... please make that dude wear pants atleast... them guys aint compassionate their greedy and got serious cash.... peace

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haha, I don't think so! (nor do I care.)
The local ex-pols & cops involved in applying for dispensary's here ain't gonna let no Cali creep horn in on their action!
Exciting day for those that ponied up for the application. By the way the media here are acting, there really will be an announcement today.
With the delay in patient registration, I figured this would get pushed back too.

Looking forward to seeing how the dust settles here today. :)

Jhhnn

Veteran
Haha, I don't think so! (nor do I care.)
The local ex-pols & cops involved in applying for dispensary's here ain't gonna let no Cali creep horn in on their action!
Exciting day for those that ponied up for the application. By the way the media here are acting, there really will be an announcement today.
With the delay in patient registration, I figured this would get pushed back too.

Looking forward to seeing how the dust settles here today. :)

Likely true. They didn't go for MMJ so that guys from across the country could have the gravy. Locals get the inside track & a big headstart. They didn't just dream this up yesterday. They've been working on it for years.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny that William Delahunt's group had the highest scores and were awarded three of the 20 RMD's. Nepotism @ it's finest!
What a pisser for the 80 applicants who ponied up $30,000 ea. and then they only grant 20 out of a possible 35 RMD's. :rolleyes:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I wonder how many people Delahump prosecuted for weed while he was the DA.
Im surprised there are no Kennedys or Bulgers applying for and getting licenses in that fucked up state.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check it, courtesy of the Cape Cod Times.

Medical Marijuana of Massachusetts, with former U.S. Rep. William Delahunt as its president, was the big winner Friday, receiving all three licenses it sought, for dispensaries in Mashpee, Taunton and Plymouth.

The nonprofit organization's applications drew the highest scores given by the state review committee: 160 points out of a possible 163.

Delahunt's group will grow and process the medical marijuana for all three dispensaries on an industrial lot on Collins Avenue in Plymouth. The group will operate a dispensary on the Plymouth property and take product by armored car to its dispensaries in Taunton and Mashpee.

Delahunt, a former district attorney, said Friday he hopes the availability of medical marijuana will result in a decline in prescription drug abuse, a problem he called "devastating."

Mashpee's dispensary will operate out of a 4,000-square-foot building, with a guardhouse protecting its entryway, at 95 Echo Road off Route 130.

Projected gross revenue, according to figures in the application, is $3.4 million for the first year, $5.8 million in the second and $6.4 million in the third.

Salaries listed for the top executives in that first year would take a large chunk out of the revenue, totalling $1.6 million.

Because of start-up costs and unknown size of patient base, Medical Marijuana predicted it would end the first year nearly $1.3 million in the red.

MEDICAL MARIJUANA

OF MASSACHUSETTS

CEO William Delahunt $250,000

COO Jonathan Herlihy $250,000

CFO Elizabeth Nowlan $150,000

Chief Medical Officer Dr. Trexler Topping $200,000

Compliance and General Counsel

Leanne Ankner $250,000

Director of Security and Anti-Diversion Joseph Flaherty $100,000

Executive Consultant on Security and

Operation Carol Boccia $100,000

Addiction Prevention Director

Raymond Tamasi $100,000

Directors of Community Outreach

Marie LeClair and Kevin O'Reilly $100,000

Head of Cultivating and Dispensing

Avis Bulbulyan $150,000

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
If the DeAngelos are successful in getting an application, they will split time between California and Massachusetts.

“It is our intention to remain primarily California residents, but Steve and I will do everything it takes to make our expansion into MA successful for all stakeholders ,and if that means moving to MA, then that is what we will do,” Andrew DeAngelo said. “I imagine we will get an apartment there so that we can integrate ourselves into the community in which we serve. That is probably our first step, but who knows, we could fall in love with MA and never go back!” Lolz who are they kidding with that last part?

FLAgreenthumb

This is so stupid 30k is stupid in itself.... why? 30k for a f&$king occupational licsense....
Illinois too..... Big money...... It cost enough to get any business off the ground and going

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
have no money= make no money

same old story...
Would be great if you guys could have "everybody -must-get -stoned" policy for people investing/ securing spots.
In order to prove that they know what they're talking about hahaha

theJointedOne

Veteran
the rich get richer, while the poor remain the same way, and thats the way they say you have to stay...

sorry folks the table is turning,

Thats what has taken so long to get marijuana legalized, they were figuring out how to keep the profits out of the hands of the paupers(us) and in their fat grubby paws

FLAgreenthumb

I know and it just eats me up....i cant believe that theyre going to take this from us... just like the states that wont let you grow your own.... I think thats just inhumane, some people cant afford dispensary prices... OK, we'll stipulate that you need this, but you cant possibly grow it for yourself....but you can grow tomatoes, you can brew your own beer....
Gotta have more of our damn money...

theJointedOne

Veteran
well its fucked too when big pharma and its canna biz insiders get to do things scott free but when some bloke down the road wants to try his hand at making medicine, they put him in prison for life..

wtf

pretty easy to see the bad seeds in this industry though, just look at the ones who use people for money lol

MIway

Veteran
why compete if u can avoid it? american free market capitalism 101... ;-)

btw... who broke out the kryptonite???

Read an article yesterday about the first certificates to grow given out to guess who. Former DA turned grower got the first 3 and I think there is only 20 issued. Guy was just putting people in prison and ruining their lives last week and now its OK to grow.Cash and power rules

Latest posts

Latest posts