What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Happy World Bi-Polar Day March 30th

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I am bi-polar....didn't realize we had our own holiday. Lets celebrate with a mania attack.

iu

CharlesU Farley

I'm one of those exceedingly lucky fuckers.

I have manic runs, where I get a whole shitload of stuff accomplished and drill down into unbelievable detail. But I never have the depressive side of it. I get angry and pissed off of course, but it's never a poor me, life is so unfair bullshit. But I'm definitely down for celebrating a World Bipolar Day.

Some may characterize my actions as obsession... I prefer the term passion. :ROFLMAO:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
There were originally 2 types of BPD. I think there are about 7 now. LOL

One was just manic and the other was manic and depressive.

Would have been awesome to have the one and not the other.

Been a long tough fucking life fighting this shit. Never used the meds. Tried some and they sucked. Fought with love and prayers. I'm 70 now and it's almost over. LOL

I still feel like everyone else is going in slow motion. LOL

CharlesU Farley

Been a long tough fucking life fighting this shit. Never used the meds. Tried some and they sucked. Fought with love and prayers. I'm 70 now and it's almost over. LOL
Respect.

I still feel like everyone else is going in slow motion. LOL
I know exactly how you feel. Harley always tells me I'm _overwhelming_ with the amount of information I present to people, especially those helpful phone representatives who are just here to help. 😂

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I'm one of those exceedingly lucky fuckers.

I have manic runs, where I get a whole shitload of stuff accomplished and drill down into unbelievable detail. But I never have the depressive side of it. I get angry and pissed off of course, but it's never a poor me, life is so unfair bullshit. But I'm definitely down for celebrating a World Bipolar Day.

Some may characterize my actions as obsession... I prefer the term passion. :ROFLMAO:
Like me you are an obsessed nerve ending....

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I understand how polarizing I can be.

But I'm also a sensitive/empath type, so I pick up on vibes and don't like to rock the boat and make others seasick. ;)
Understood, but you are among friends and we understand. You can't hide from this terrible affliction....we learn to live with it. I have it bad and deal with it.

In some ways it has helped me in life....I am a perfectionist to the point of being anal. Everything has it's place and I won't stop until things are perfect....

I micro manage to the point of being obsessed.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I have always said we manics do everything 10x better and 10x faster than the normies. This was great when I was running my own business and could work 14 hours a day without a problem. Not so great when I went through my 'cocaine days' and did 10x more coke than everyone else. LOL
I will testify to that. ha ha! Us crazy fk's are all alike.. Same way with my business. Never slept....would lay awake all night trying to think of ways to make things run better and make more $$.

CharlesU Farley

Understood, but you are among friends and we understand. You can't hide from this terrible affliction....we learn to live with it. I have it bad and deal with it.

In some ways it has helped me in life....I am a perfectionist to the point of being anal. Everything has it's place and I won't stop until things are perfect....

I micro manage to the point of being obsessed.
I've got a bizarre combo of manic without the severely depressive, mild to moderate OCD, didn't realize it until recently but had ADHD when I was a kid (looking at my report cards now) that has spilled over into my adult life, not to mention a _very_ good case of non-combative PTSD.

Other than that, I'm fine! :LOL:

And didn't mean to be dismissive / inconsiderate of those having to deal with the severely depressive side of things. I realize/know how lucky I am. :(

That's just who I am and how I express myself, quite matter of fact, I meant no disrespect.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
If society would have treated us as if we have a gift instead of a disease, it would have worked out way better. They always wanted me to be like the 'other' kids. Fuck those kids. They go in slow motion. LOL

Small wonder I was bored in school. It's not that I was smarter than the other kids. I just did everything a lot faster. I can remember in high school English Lit class reading Huckleberry Finn. The teacher would say, "Class, for tonight's homework read pages 13 through 22".

WTF!!!!! I read the entire book in 3 hours and from then on, class bored me.

This is so funny, I might actually post a picture of it..... I have every school report card from Kindergarten through college. On my second grade report card, I got an "Unsatisfactory" in behavior. In the margin of the report card the teacher wrote, "Won't stop talking in class". LMAO No shit, lady. I'm fucking MANIC!!! LOL

They should have put us in a special class where we could excel at our own rate instead of being held back by the other kids.

The most sad part is, if a kid is manic today, they drug the shit out of them until they are shitass stupid. I weep for the future.

Kudos to all of us who have this terrible disease and have tolerated those who do not. LOL

Latest posts

Latest posts