What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Happy 4th of july

NOKUY

Veteran
binaryfission said:
k+

this is a good day to talk about voter registration with all your peeps in a non political way. being involved in the political machine, primarily thru voting, is the most prudent way for us as people to keep our governments in check. so no matter where u stand on the political color wheel voting is a way to exercise ur freedom and show ur not taking what our forefather did for granted.

:rant:

:muahaha:

PEACE

u know what i think about voting?

fuck that!

i used to think oh cool and shit, and i even have had many classes in political science in college.

there is nothing in my life that will change by who i vote or dont vote for. ...ill do what i want no matter what, and i dont fukin care if there is a single paved road in this country or the world (i dont care about anything but myself for that matter)...so fuck 'em all!

(based on the candidates who might win)..i dont care

if RP had a chance i'd vote, and just to prove a point i might go write in ted nugent...because i dont want shit to do w/ obama

Enjoy your Independence day fellow Americans! Be safe and remember to burn one for those that had the balls to stand up to tyranny! No fireworks for me though. I don't want to help feed China's economy so they can turn around and lend it to our broke ass government.

PEACE! :joint:

NOKUY

Veteran
patriotism.jpg

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I cooked all day at the restaurant and now I just got done grilling for friends. it's not the fourth if you're not cookin outside.

happy 4th friends

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Remember folks...we are celebrating the 1st time that we, as a People...stood up and stopped taking what the Governing Powers were trying to feed us!!
Wonder what the Date of our next "Independence Day" will be??!!
Have fun and be safe ya'll!! I am headed to the lake for a party at a friends pad-- :rasta:

C

CheifnBud2

Bong hits for personal freedom.

Bong hits for our founding fathers, not to disrespect something they probably dident know of or understand, but to show that personal freedom is still alive in america.

Hallelujah praise da lord.

guineapig

Veteran
The relationship between America's "Founding Fathers" and the cannabis plant is very interesting......here's a few things i have learned while researching this subject....

American High Society
The extent of cannabis smoking during the Colonial era is still subject to debate. President George Washington wrote a letter that contained an oblique reference to what may have been hashish. "The artificial preparation of hemp, from Silesia, is really a curiosity." 38 Washington made specific written references to Indian hemp, or cannabis indica, and hoped to "have disseminated the seed to others. " 39 His August 7, 1765 diary entry, "began to separate the male from the female () plants," describes a harvesting technique favored to enhance the potency of smoking cannabis, among other reasons. 40 Hemp farmer Thomas Jefferson and paper maker Ben Franklin were ambassadors to France during the initial surge of the hashish vogue. Their celebrity status and progressive revolutionary image afforded them ample opportunities to try new experiences. Jefferson smuggled Chinese hemp seeds to America and is credited with the phrase in the Declaration of Independence, "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

Did the Founding Fathers of the United States of America smoke cannabis? Some researchers think so. Dr. Burke, president of the American Historical Reference Society and a consultant for the Smithsonian Institute, counted seven early presidents as cannabis smokers: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, Zachary Taylor and Franklin Pierce. 41 "Early letters from our founding fathers refer to the pleasures of hemp smoking," said Burke. Pierce, Taylor and Jackson, all military men, smoked it with their troops. Cannabis was twice as popular among American soldiers in the Mexican War as in Vietnam: Pierce wrote to his family that it was "about the only good thing" about that war.

Central and Western African natives were farming and harvesting cannabis sativa in North America as slaves. If they did smoke on the plantations, that would be kept secret. 42 By the time of the Louisiana purchase in 1803, New Orleans had a mixed Spanish, French, Creole, Cajun, Mexican and Black population. The city teemed with adventurers and sailors, wise to the ways of cannabis. It was mixed with tobacco or smoked alone, used to season food 43, to treat insomnia and impotence, and so on.

Cannabis was mentioned as a medicinal agent in a formal American medical text as early as 1843.

And of course, we all know that the US Constitution is written on paper made from Cannabis......

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

hunt4genetics

Veteran
just chilling enjoying the day off. My 4th has consisted of flipping back between a twilight zone, and to catch a predator marathon.
peace
enjoy your
"cough"
Freedom

Happy 4th Everyone :jump:

Dr. Bud and I will be heading out to blow up our share of stuff in a bit with the locals here by the ocean. Have fun, be safe, and stay high!! :rasta: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint:

S

SinsemillaJones

The original draft of the Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper!

The original draft of the Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper!

The Constitution of the United States is written on hemp paper!

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson both grew hemp!

The U. S. government encouraged children to grow hemp to help fight World War II!

:jump:

Yet, today, on this Independence Day, July 4th, 2008, the people of the United States are not allowed to grow hemp!

:badday:

C

CheifnBud2

I hate drinking. I dont understand why its used to celebrate anything.

I learn that the hard way every 4th... whether it takes me 8 hours and 20 drinks or 2 hours and 6 drinks, im always vomiting or passed out before midnight.

Latest posts

Latest posts