What's new

Hanging my lights like this... is this a bad thing?

06082011001.jpg

I was trying to hang them using chain but I get perfect verticality hanging them from just the wires. Doesn't feel like it's damaging...

Bad idea?

World Peace,

ILL

Ummmm? ROFL!

Sorry for the rudeness...Definitely a fire hazard there. You have got to get a support for that. I would be nervous having it exposed like that, & with all those sheets laying around.

I

Iron_Lion

Hanging like that can lead to loose connections, loose connections = heating of the wires, hot wires = fire.

At bare minimum put a few holes in that disc that surrounds the socket and attach some chain to make an A Shape to hang the socket from to take the weight off of the connections.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Unplug the light, unscrew that plate on top with the three screws in it and remove it, place the rubber cover into the hole from the side and slide the top groove into the edge, place the piece removed earlier into the top slot on the rubber piece and replace the screws, sleep better not worrying your house is going to burn down.

LMAO.

Look nerds,

I hang typical household lights the same way in my garage, and outside. NEVER been a problem.

Of course here I would use electrical tape and close off any openings to the internal wirings of the socket... I just wanted to know if hanging the bulb from just the wire would cause too much stress on the internal wiring.

I won't do it though cause I can feel allllll the love in this post and I appreciate all your concern.

I have some chains set up, but having the 90 degree cord connected to the socket while using the chains throws the bulb off balance. I guess I could cut off the 90 degree rubber piece and rewire it.

If I had the wires taped up(electrical of course) as they are in the pic and used chains, would that be a big deal too?

I didn't turn the fucker on like that, just wondering.

You guys are some condescending dicks you know that? LOL.

(I bet I could go through several grows like this and never have any problems. But I won't. Just sayin...)

Thanks

World Peace,

ILL

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Darwin Award in the making?

The picture with the title is just priceless

(I bet I could go through several grows like this and never have any problems. Just sayin...)

sure......just when you're not there and it burns the place down after those several grows....that's the issue

jarff

I wouldn,t do it but I,m not going to tell you not to....it,s a free world..But check them from time to time to make sure they don,t get too loose or look like they may let go...Good luck.

jarff

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
06082011001.jpg

I was trying to hang them using chain but I get perfect verticality hanging them from just the wires. Doesn't feel like it's damaging...

Bad idea?

World Peace,

ILL

ya, that's a bad idea.....

and it WOULDN'T be a bad idea to clean up your house a little.....

Actually, that's all the shit that'll be moved out of the room as soon as I get this set-up going.

But again, I appreciate your concern for the cleanliness of my room. :)

World Peace,

ILL

fabvariousk

Veteran
Dude we do care and don't want you to die.
You asked a goofy question to some of the biggest stoners in the world!
What kind of responses do you expect?
We are all guilty of doing goofy stuff and learning from it.
take it ez
fk

looks fine to me. people always freak out about electrical stuff man....in reality you would be fine for a while like that.

also even when the wires started coming loose over time it still wouldnt cause a fire, and the bulb wouldnt fall....it just may slightly damage your wiring to the light over time......but yeah why do it when you dont need to lol

Dude we do care and don't want you to die.
You asked a goofy question to some of the biggest stoners in the world!
What kind of responses do you expect?
We are all guilty of doing goofy stuff and learning from it.
take it ez
fk

relax bud. I'm just messin with all you. hence the "LOL"s and the "LMAO"s

I learned a long time ago that there are no stupid(goofy) questions.

I just love how everyone overreacted like my house was gonna blow up.

The reason I asked was to see if anyone has done it and if they had experienced any problems with it.

It takes more than a few snide comments to bother me. I'm the biggest asshole I know. :)

Thanks for your reply tho.

World Peace,

ILL

R

RedOne

ILL, glad you worked it out...things got to fever pitch pretty quick in this thread!!