What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hanging led above 600w hps

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey fullas. I'm running a small led for flowering. What I can gather its around 400 w or such.. the ppfd read at about 842 from a foot and a half away. But flowering is really slow, I'm not sure if it's because I vegged on the 600hps. The plants took awhile to adjust and the led seems to be less powerful then i thought. Has anyone had experience hanging leds above hps lights? Something similar to this.
The tent is 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.0m
Thanks in advance.
1676853207992.jpg

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

I flower in a space that size. I use 4 x COB LED alongside a 600w HPS and found this to work really well for yield and quality of resin profile. If you put the LED fixture above the 600w and reflector you will lose a lot of efficiency. I have found LED to be a pain in the arse and try not to get into discussion on why. I find through my own experience. My LED totals 200w actual draw and so I have a total of 800w. the lights are hung high about 80cm from canopy.

8FFBDF6E-B8D2-4005-9484-02364E0EDF6A.jpeg

BABY Z

Fiorisco in uno spazio di quelle dimensioni. Uso 4 LED COB insieme a un HPS da 600w e ho scoperto che funziona molto bene per la resa e la qualità del profilo della resina. Se metti l'apparecchio LED sopra i 600w e il riflettore perderai molta efficienza. Ho trovato il LED un rompicoglioni e cerco di non entrare in discussione sul perché. Trovo attraverso la mia esperienza. Il mio LED ha un totale di 200w di assorbimento effettivo e quindi ho un totale di 800w. le luci sono appese in alto a circa 80 cm dal baldacchino.

View attachment 18812149
ottima combinazione di luci per massimizzare il raccolto....immagino quantio sia comunque difficile il controllo del microclima ,ma le immagini parlano da sole.

goingrey

Hey fullas. I'm running a small led for flowering. What I can gather its around 400 w or such.. the ppfd read at about 842 from a foot and a half away. But flowering is really slow, I'm not sure if it's because I vegged on the 600hps. The plants took awhile to adjust and the led seems to be less powerful then i thought. Has anyone had experience hanging leds above hps lights? Something similar to this.
The tent is 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.0m
Thanks in advance.
View attachment 18811997
Switching from one type of light to another will definitely cause stress and an adjustment period.

The obvious problems with your plan are that moving the LEDs away will reduce the amount of light that gets to the plants and having the HPS reflector will reflect some of the LED light upwards. For sure do what skunkfunk does and put them side by side, if they don't fit then maybe at an angle like the roof of a house?

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The ppfd reading is roughly the same as mine when in flower they will love that you done good they will be happy from here on in good luck budsnblunts :good: