What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hammerheads HK x TK, BOD 1/6/18

onavelzy

Veteran
You would normally see intersex traits by week 3. Late intersex issues express as naners.

I haven't crawled into the tent since around week 4-5 but the side windows give pretty good exposure. At this point, if there's nanners, they're just gonna happen, as I can't see them within the clusters.

My main concern now, in terms of surveillance, is looking out for any signs of PM or budrot. It's been pleasantly cool and moderately humid (in the tent) for all of May and a good part of April. Nice for weather tourists, worrisome for growers

onavelzy

Veteran
D 56. The end of days is approaching

D 56. The end of days is approaching

I'm sucking badly at taking pics that are in focus or that show the degree of trichome formation.

that said, here's week 8 pics.

I'll probably cut down the OG and the GG4 next week so I should be able to get in there for better pics of the four HK x TK cultivars near harvest.

HK x TK #4, 6/5/18, d 56

picture.php

A couple of tops of HK x TK #3, 6/5/1, d 56

picture.php

picture.php

The one with the pipe cleaner holding it up looks kind of trailer but I opened the tent a few days ago and found it leaning way over. I grabbed what I had at hand to raise it back up. It worked ok so I've just left it.

Overall, I've been pretty impressed with the stems with this cross--very sturdy. All of them are much thicker from bottom to top than the OG or the GG4

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks OK. What kind of terps are u getting. Are they chemmy, Gassy, fruity, Stinky, Florally?.

onavelzy

Veteran
Looks OK. What kind of terps are u getting. Are they chemmy, Gassy, fruity, Stinky, Florally?.

When I used that pipe cleaner to string up that #3 that was leaning, I was smelling of Lemon Pledge for quite a while. My pictures make it look less coated that it appears in the tent light. I was pretty gummed up for a bit. It's the only one of the four that has a dominant terp.

The others are kind of a mix. None of the other three have a dominant smell. They have some gas and the tent overall has a prominent sour background. That could be from the GG4 I have there.

I really haven't been messing with them much beyond doing my watering by hand so I don't have a good smell profile for you. I'm trying to minimize contact because I had a plant that had bud rot in one cola last grow. I don't want to be introducing anything.

I'll be pulling the GG4 and the OG soon. I can get in there with the seed plants and get you more info once those other two are gone.

onavelzy

Veteran
playing with pics

playing with pics

I'm determined to get at least one photo that's in focus, lol. I tried a few different angles and shot with various amounts of light coming in to see what worked best. These five were the only ones that I could put in. I need a tripod I guess.

Hk x TK #1, I haven't taken many pics of this one. It's in the right back corner and not as easy to get close to as the others

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pretty sure this is pheno #3

picture.php

Honestly don't remember which one this was. I had them all arranged but when I started deleting pics, I lost track of which were which.

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are u using to take pics with? If ur looking for a great PAS cam grab a Nikon s8200 from Ebay. I use this cam. These where a 400$ cam when they 1st got released yeasr ago.. I still cant find replacement cam that takes pics as good.

Looks pretty frosty to me. I'm just concerned about any intersex issues and quality

I will start getting this cross ready for release. There's a few more testing this one..

Last edited:

onavelzy

Veteran
What are u using to take pics with? If ur looking for a great POS cam grab a Nikon s8200 from Ebay. I use this cam. These where a 400$ cam when they 1st got released yeasr ago.. I still cant find replacement cam that takes pics as good.

Looks pretty frosty to me. I'm just concerned about any intersex issues and quality

I will start getting this cross ready for release. There's a few more testing this one..

It doesn't get much more POS than my handy dandy iphone 4.

I have not seen any nanners at all. I will be able to get in and around the buds better when I harvest. I have been keeping a pretty close eye them because I had some bud rot in 2 of the 4 grows I've finished to date. Just one bud was affected each time but I don't want it to get going in this one.

What duration did you take yours? I'm leaning towards past 63 d but am open to advice.

I'll take a close look for end of cycle S1 seeding in the buds when I take them down.

If I recall, you don't do an extended cure. I think I read a post where you point out it just leads to lower THC levels as they convert over time. How long do you typically wait before treating them as done?

fwiw, based on in-the-tent looks, in many ways they look better than the GG4 and the OG i have going next to them. The GG4 had more leads but three of the 4 phenos have much frostier leads and the calyces are a lot bigger as well. The heads seem pretty dense and I haven't had much fox tailing yet. The stems are sturdier.

It'll be fun to see how the cultivars vary with regards to smell, taste, effect, etc. My daughter is eager to try the #3 with the lemony fragrance.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol that was a typo should be PAS= POINT AND SHOOT..

I take everything between 65-70 days. Nothing stays here long enough to cure more than 30 days. I'm not a fan of long cures. The older it gets it starts to degrade.

nickman

Veteran
Hammers got some nice ass genetics... I’d love to be able to run something from him... your one lucky guy...

Your girls look 100% better then they did in the beginning...

onavelzy

Veteran
Hammers got some nice ass genetics... I’d love to be able to run something from him... your one lucky guy...

Your girls look 100% better then they did in the beginning...

Thx Nick. I learn each round I grow. I had been too fearful of over feeding the younger seedlings so I ended up unintentionally starving them under the LED bulbs. Once I gave them higher EC's and put them under the CMH build in the tent, they became normal plants again. Now, when I put plants into pots or do an up-potting, i use coco that I have presoaked for a while in my normal feeding EC

lol that was a typo should be PAS= POINT AND SHOOT..

I take everything between 65-70 days. Nothing stays here long enough to cure more than 30 days. I'm not a fan of long cures. The older it gets it starts to degrade.

Thanks for the info Hammer. My knowledge base is pretty low about harvesting timing decisions as this is my fourth grow. They definitely don't look as "far along" as the GG$ and OG do. I was estimating around 70 days. I have to kind of restrain the urge to cut them just to see how they did. I'll have a pretty low threshold to chop if things start to look funky in any way though

onavelzy

Veteran
D 63, State of the tent

D 63, State of the tent

picture.php

that was interesting and rewarding.

Being able to really look at the plants up close as I chopped and bucked them gave me a much greater appreciation for the variation of the four phenos.

All of them were stickier than any plants I have grown to date. That includes the GG4 and the OG I grew along side them in this cycle.

the plant with the most interesting smells, #3, had, unfortunately, a very spaced nodal pattern. The plant used to have a dominant lemon smell. now i have a harder time defining it. I'm not good at those kind of descriptions but it was the most interesting smell of the four.

btw, there was no stank, funk, or gas at all in any of them. Well, that's not quite true. I hate to use the term but the #1 had some wiffs of baby poop. not off-putting but just enough to cock your head and go, hmm. the others had some citrus, some "pot", just a collection of vibrant, pleasant harvest time smells. I wish when its smoked, pot smelled or tasted like it does at harvest.

the winner in terms of plant size and vigor, bud size, stickiness, "bag appeal", etc was the #4 pheno. It has been the leader from the time of germination. I hope it turns out to be a good experience to smoke.

The # 3 should have been the winner as it has the best smell, to me, of all of them, but it is 1) very leafy compared to the others and 2) the buds are pretty spaced out along the stem.

I can't imagine these will not easily beat anything I've managed to grow to date They tick off most of the boxes.

With respect to your concerns for the test, I looked at every internode of each stem and at all the buds as I bucked. I did not see one hint of nanners or seed pods.

Hammer, I've not had the chance to grow your other plants yet, other than a poor effort on my part with the Firestorm clone, but this cross is a winner. I had no issues what so ever. If I didn't have any problems, then 98% + of growers won't. I have no doubts this seed line will be a winner for you. I just wish I had waited longer to let seeds mature a bit so I could have maybe gotten more pheno's to explore.

Thanks for the opportunity. LMK if I can participate in future tests. This was fun

Ona

nickman

Veteran
AWSOME final report Ona...!!!... makes me want to try this strain even more now...

Hammer was lucky to have a tester like yourself...

Like you said, every grow you learn a little more... your next grow for hammer will just be that much better...!!!...

Good day bro. :tiphat:.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great Finish, I appreciate you making room to test these..When the MAC crosses are ready to test I will ask if u got space.

onavelzy

Veteran
Great Finish, I appreciate you making room to test these..When the MAC crosses are ready to test I will ask if u got space.

I've got space for your gear. Any time HH. i have my next veg group ready to flip like yesterday. but after that I am wide open so a seed test run would work fine timing-wise.

onavelzy

Veteran
Moving on

Moving on

State of the tent 6/14/18

picture.php

picture.php

The left two pots are ECSD.
Mid front is LVPK, mid back is Cookies and Cream.
Right front is Cornbread Bubba
right back is WWF, a strain I am dying to try. It's (William's Wonder x F13) x F13

Well, tbh, I am dying to try all of these strains. I got lucky and connected with a couple of generous trusting ICMag members who I guess see good in nudging a new grower along.

Not sure what to call this grow. Maybe the Mojave grow, since all of the strains were gifted to me by some Fremen Shamen who can be found in the Mojave area. All Hail the Mojave Fremen growers!!

I'll veg for a week under the tent CMH, take some cuts and then flip.

Hope I'm not too tall

onavelzy

Veteran
Finishing info on the HK x TK phenotypes

Finishing info on the HK x TK phenotypes

picture.php

this was the smallest plant the whole grow. I only got 40 g from this plant but it had the highest THC content of all six plants that I grew at 24%

I don't have any independent pics but you can see it in the back ground of this pic. it's the long leggy one with spaced out nodes. (FWIW, the plants in the foreground are the #4 pheno.)

picture.php

This one had a THC count of 19, the lowest of all the plants I grew. 40 g total weight. Not a keeper. As a friend said, "Well, it'll get you high".

The nicest smelling plant but also had nodes that weren't that tight unfortunately. This was the biggest yielding plant at 90 g. Had strong lemon furniture polish smells. My son said it tasted like sweet and sour lemons. He really liked smoking it as did his friends. 23.3% total THC

picture.php

The most robust grower for most of the life cycle. Had nice bud structure. decent THC at 23.4%. 78 grams
picture.php

For comparison purposes, the GG4 I grew along side these HKxTK's came out at 23.2%, yield for it was 79g

picture.php

Thank you to Hammerhead for letting me do this run. It was very enlightening and I got some great weed too. I really wish now that I had waited a few weeks before popping those seeds. I would have loved to seen another 6 phenotypes.

This will definitely be a great cross to run. Happy hunting

Ona