What's new

Hallucinations

I always think I hallucinate when I read the news...

I always think I hallucinate when I read the news...

But sorry, no - smoking for more than three decades - no hallucinations.

My thoughts intensify. I feel different. I can watch my feelings from the distance and often I understand myself better by doing this. But real hallucinations like from acid or shrooms? No. I never had. Not even when I catched an overdosage of my cannabutter.

What weeds does is, it makes one confused and one can mistake perceptions, one hear a sound and can't identify him and think it is something different, but this are not really hallucinations. I never had hallucinations from weed like I had from shrooms. I consider weed as an own class of drug. It causes no hallucinations, but imaginations.

It is an 'imaginagen' ^^

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weed becomes a psychedelic drug when you don't have it for a while and then have "too much". I've gotten back to only getting high on the weekends lately. I get colorful visuals pretty much every Friday night with my hash vape.

It's a different experience compared to what you get as a daily stoner. I love getting high every day, but there's a certain magic that's only there when you get high on weekends only.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
sometimes when i was high i would think i heard gunshots. eventually i found it was just my inner ear expanding or something and what i was hearing was not outside but way inside my ears.

aside from that i don't even know what hallucination would be like. it's possible i hallucinate all the time. i have no comparison to judge against.

HunterJ

Weed intensifies my usual lucies. Does that count? :biggrin:

Whenever I look out my eyes, or inside, I see things that are fleeting in their reality, things that are there and that aren't there.

The only state of mind I know without hallucinations is looking directly into the reality behind. :tiphat:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I have never hallucinated from Cannabis. I have heard of it, usually like Ellie said above, it involved eating a large amount.

When I'm on acid, it definitely intensifies things for a couple of minutes and then becomes indistinguishable from the underlying trippiness again when i have a pipe...... When I'm tripping, I love to break my hash apart and smell it, it comes alive...... Bad way to treat your stash though......

armedoldhippy

Veteran
yeah, a few times. but folks used to sell bad weed with good shit on it too. shoulda just offered to sell me whatever they had put on it. sugar cubes & itty bitty pieces of paper/windowpane are a whole 'nuther story, LOL! :dance013:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I've been smoking off and on for 40+ years and never had what I call a hallucination (seeing something that is not there). The closest experience I've had from being high on weed, that some might classify as a form of hallucination, is time distortions. What I mean by that is when you get high and you start doing some activity and you think a long time has passed and then you look at the clock and realize only 10 minutes or so has passed. I've also had the opposite where I think I've only been doing something for a few minutes and look at the clock and find an hour has passed.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

from cannabis? no.

buzz by Homer? yes.

aaff3146_zpscc16be39.gif

nvr had all out hallucinations, but downed more than my fair share of cheeba chews one night and sort of felt like body waves and floating sensation for a few hrs...didn't like it at all