What's new

halal meat

A

Asche

another question would be do you believe in cannabis breeders?
one why or another you dont get around without believes.

whatever we may believe is a question of how far we can think.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The prohibition of pork in Islam and the Jewish faith is not so much religious but sensible public health advice at the time , the pig worm parasite and cysts are found when butchering and can have devastating effects on people , the meat also rots faster than most animals.

The larval stage of the pork tapeworm (Taenia solium) infects the human nervous system, causing neurocysticercosis. This disease is one of the main causes of epileptic seizures in many less developed countries and is also increasingly seen in more developed countries because of immigration from endemic areas.

T solium has a complex two-host life cycle. Human beings are the only definitive host and harbour the adult tapeworm (taeniasis), whereas both people and pigs can act as intermediate hosts and harbour the larvae or cysticerc

Taeniasis is rare in Muslim countries since people there do not consume pork.

grasshoppers are the protein source of the future anyway

GM modified by Monsanto to the size of sheep ?

Gry

Veteran
I stopped eating meat a couple of years ago. I felt stupid eating it knowing it was pumped full of nasty shit to make it more profitable for the asshole corporations who "produce' it. I wish that I had done it way sooner, I think the morality is disgusting - but when they get that soylent green down pat it may be time to break out the grill again.

MJBadger

Veteran
but sensible public health advice at the time , the pig worm parasite and cysts are found when butchering and can have devastating effects on people , the meat also rots faster than most animals.

Then cook it properly , problem solved .

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
The only suffering humans truly believe in is their own suffering.

Even pigs know this.

Tulku

my body is a temple and the last thing it needs is me putting prayers in it and besides I wish not to have an uncontrollable urge to shout at passers-by whilst handing out badly printed pamphlets.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
The halal combo plate

The halal combo plate

05-Freddys-Junior-King-of-Falafel-and-Shawarma.jpg

Tulku

hope that a gentlemans handerkerchief, preferably spotted, will be employed for the purpose of catching any driplets of mucus that will undoubtedly be expunged from that Fly.......always been a lover of the sticky homie!! hope you is well bro :biggrin:

MJBadger

Veteran
Subway in the UK have gone Halal & dropped all bacon/ham , sales have gone down because a lot of Brits are fed up with having to kiss the arse of other religions . Probably less than 10% of Brits are Muslim yet something like this effects us all . I may be wrong on the figure so don`t quote me as being wrong .

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
aside from the moment of death, what about the life the animal lead prior?
all meat involves suffering no matter how it is killed.
Flesh does not need flesh to survive.
Eating meat is bad karma, sentient beings should not eat other sentient beings.

I strongly disagree with that.. we have evolved to be omnivorous. I think that an animal should have a great life and be treated with uttermost respect. I do believe in good karma to a degree but these animals are food. they are bred as food so are good to be eaten. imo.
every human here has benefit from the death of an animal. even if you are vegan or whatever, at some point in your life.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I really don't see the difference between taking the life of a cow, pig, or chicken, and taking the life of a brussel sprout, head of cabbage, or a beet. Just a different way of justifying what you eat.
A life is being stopped either way for human consumption.

SativaBreather

Veteran
I strongly disagree with that.. we have evolved to be omnivorous. I think that an animal should have a great life and be treated with uttermost respect. I do believe in good karma to a degree but these animals are food. they are bred as food so are good to be eaten. imo.
every human here has benefit from the death of an animal. even if you are vegan or whatever, at some point in your life.

'evolved' is the key word there. I believe stopping eating animal flesh to be a step in our evolution towards becoming an enlightened being, a buddha, which is the ultimate destiny and purpose of all sentient beings.
thats just me, at this point in time we are all understandably entitled to adhere to the beliefs we currently hold. That's just our karma.:ying:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
human evolution was aided by eating meat. religions are anti evolution. theres clearly something messed up about a religion which tells you that you are enlightened if you eat certain food.. but each their own!