What's new

Had my first experience at a California Hydro Store today...

Galactic

Re: Had my first experience at a California Hydro Store today...

I verbally told someone what they needed to purchase were "grommets" but some how he hears "gromlets" and for the last 3 year's this has been going on. I corrected him for the first year or so, but alas they are forever "gromlets". I've even had to correct him in the process of him asking the home depot guy where they were at.

exactly!! I grow Moruga Scorpion peppers and tomatoes, and my 6 medicals.. :rasta:

anyway, i think a lot of farmers live in the area and they need to worry about commercial grows or something. I seriously think those fuckers are cops at one big hydro-store in the Chico, CA area.

Lol!!! There are no cops at Chico stores, maybe Oroville.

G

Irregardless of the semantics, I believe it's due to the fact that folks take the English language for granite.

You're probably right but I'ts not written in stone.
icon10.gif

J

JimmyRow

Went into the local hydro shop the other day....the sales staff were like "where have you been"...."have not seen you in a long time".....what's up?.....I almost told that their prices are outrages ....and I only come in when I need something small and quick.....for everything else...I order it on line....about 40% cheaper..........perfect example is 4 liter hygrozyme ....$135 + tax at local grow shop.....online $98 delivered right to my door...anymore I just have everything shipped to my door....way cheaper and real easy.

Yep...I'm about to save $100 on a new filter from amazon.

S

SeaMaiden

While I don't normally use hydro shops, I am in need of a 600W HPS bulb. I can either go all the way down to Lockeford (though I think that shop closed, not sure), or all the way up to Carmichael. Or I can order online. I would not mind having a small shop nearby for the small sundries that you can't find at a big box store like Lowe's.