What's new

H3ad goes Coco

louie

Head- I know this is the coco thread, but I had a question about when you used to use promix. I saw that this was your formula: "By mixing 8ml/gal micro and 14ml/gal bloom and watering with plain water every other watering." Did you add the 1 g/gal epsom salts when watering in promix too? every watering or every other with the nutes only? If you didn't use the epsom salts what did you use for cal/mag? What was your ph for this formula? And I was also wondering what you used for clones and vegging in promix? Sorry about all the questions, but I normally grow organic and want to do a side by side to see what gets better results in promix (I have a bunch I need to use) Ive been looking for a good basic formula for watering with promix and this one seems effective. Appreciate the help!

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
I know its been asked before, and i still am illiterate with the calculator, but...

ANYONE KNOW THE Head 6/9 COMPARABLE BOTANICARE Pure Blend Pro recipe? Have a bunch laying around from before my GH days, and would love to put it to use doing A side by side.

Thanks!

ps. I have read that the lucas recipe would translate to be 15ml bloom and 5ml calmag.

D

DonkDBZ

I ran the 6/9 with botanicare. Results are close. Final weight was the same but everyone thought the General Hydro was the Botanicare cause it burned cleaner taste better.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Donk what do you mean you ran the 6/9 with botanicare? What ratio of which botanicare nutrients did you use? I have heard it is actually a bit difficult to come to that ratio using botanicare. Thanks for sharing!

oahno

thanks donk you've helped me a lot in this thread. whattya think about the switch to powder from liquid in the formula? you still run at 5.5? with how much calmag+ are you adding to the recipe per gallon?

D

DonkDBZ

Donk what do you mean you ran the 6/9 with botanicare? What ratio of which botanicare nutrients did you use? I have heard it is actually a bit difficult to come to that ratio using botanicare. Thanks for sharing!

One problem is it costs more and does not burn as clean.
I used PBP Soil, Calmag and Hydroplex Soil. but I ran out of Hydroplex Soil and subbed FF Tiger Bloom.

I still have that one in a Calculator.
6ml pbp soil
10ml calmag
3ml ff tiger bloom

gives- 97N 66P 108K 49Mg 112Ca roughly

I don't like cause u cannot drop nitrogen. and the "organic" taste cannot be flushed out as easy. I used the new formula hydroplex. I liked and it flushes out no problem.

D

DonkDBZ

thanks donk you've helped me a lot in this thread. whattya think about the switch to powder from liquid in the formula? you still run at 5.5? with how much calmag+ are you adding to the recipe per gallon?

never tried the powdered koolbloom yet. Adding Calmag depends if you use RO or Filtered Tap. I use 1/2 RO, 1/2 Tap. 1ml calmag and 2ml sweet per gallon BUT thats for my tap not yours. I also use silica and beneficials as added protection cause summer is coming.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
DOnk thanks for posting that recipe. I am going to try it sometime. what amount of hydroplex you would use if replacing the tiger bloom? Thanks

icside

Hey H3ad,

Read the thread start to finish a few months ago, and just got myself an update. Definitely a believer in the "multiple ways to skin a cat" but your cat skinning is pretty tuned. Saw that you are using Physan 20. When did you start using it?

I think a lot of people switch from DWC/RDWC to coco because of the "slime." I've always kinda wondered why you don't get it in coco, and thought that it must be a combo of feed to waste and the trich's in the coco.... but if you're first flushing with physan..... don't you kill all the trich's? thus.... how do you not wind up with the slime eventually (assuming a non-sterile environment and no BB additives)?

Thanks in advance

HydroCab

when u guys do the preliminary rinse on the the coco, what pH/temp is the water?

also, could it hurt to rinse it with my hard tap water? maybe incorporate humic acids to get the exchanges in gear?

hey H3ad, i was wondering if u have any pics of your plants just before the chop. id like to see how they look with the micro cut of so early, your probally with your method one of the few people smoking clean hyro erb as its meant to be, that is =sweet n better tasteing then 99 percent of all the organic out there.. would luv to see how flushed your girls look if u got the pics

Slimm

when u guys do the preliminary rinse on the the coco, what pH/temp is the water?

also, could it hurt to rinse it with my hard tap water? maybe incorporate humic acids to get the exchanges in gear?

I would rinse with RO water until runoff tds is below 50. Canna coco comes pre-rinsed. Hard water is not going to pull all of the salts out of the media. Before first use it's a good idea to charge the media with nutrients + CaMg.

mjactivist

No, that shit is way off!
If u even go up to 15ml/gallon on each nute and it only get the PPMs up to 1462. All i know is if I ran 15ml of FloraGro, FloraBloom, FloraMicro, and HardwaterMicro my PPM would be off the charts.
Dont go by that calculator!
L8
MJ

Here's some GDP grown with the 0-6-9 recipe in coco.

I cut the micro (nitrogen) out at week 5 and finished with just Florabloom and Liquid Kool Bloom. Quality, presentaion, and aroma are A+, yield was OK, but I know I can do better.

Notice how light the green colors are, cutting the nitrogen out makes for really light colored buds that smoke smooth and tasty.

Attachments

• zap1.JPG
    zap1.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 23
  • zap2.JPG
    zap2.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 22