What's new

H.p.s Or Cfl for my clone ?

P

Puddin'tane

yeah tough call to make on why it did that man..could be how it was treated as you took the cutting to whatever soil that it's in, not being right for clones..I've never tried cloning only 1 cutting, always multiples, knowing that a few wouldn't make it.
Like I had suggested earlier, try reading up in the World Class Cloner thread..I started using that technique and haven't looked back, getting 100% nearly everytime.

edit: I just saw in your other thread you are using M.G. soil? If thats what the clone is in, then theres your answer as to why it fried.

420tyme

yeah tough call to make on why it did that man..could be how it was treated as you took the cutting to whatever soil that it's in, not being right for clones..I've never tried cloning only 1 cutting, always multiples, knowing that a few wouldn't make it.
Like I had suggested earlier, try reading up in the World Class Cloner thread..I started using that technique and haven't looked back, getting 100% nearly everytime.

edit:L I just saw in your other thread you are using M.G. soil? If thats what the clone is in, then theres your answer as to why it fried.

Its in m.g. seed starter mixed with some perlight , only 5% ( n )

i have some organic jiffy seed starter mix also ,

should i replant it in that ?

P

Puddin'tane

I don't think re-planting would help at this point 420..I don't have any experience with m.g seedstarter but I know the reg soil sucks unless it's used directly in the ground for whatever reason.
You may have better luck putting new or fresh cuttings in the Jiffy mix, use the dome. Take multiple cuttings this time to try and get a better success rate. Cloning can be a bitch to get the hang of, but when you finally understand it, you can root something in mashed potatoes..:D
This plant you are taking the clones from, is it inside still or is it one of the ones outside already?

420tyme

I don't think re-planting would help at this point 420..I don't have any experience with m.g seedstarter but I know the reg soil sucks unless it's used directly in the ground for whatever reason.
You may have better luck putting new or fresh cuttings in the Jiffy mix, use the dome. Take multiple cuttings this time to try and get a better success rate. Cloning can be a bitch to get the hang of, but when you finally understand it, you can root something in mashed potatoes..:D
This plant you are taking the clones from, is it inside still or is it one of the ones outside already?

it is from one of the ones outside

this one

Click to enlarge

and these are the pre flowers that i think are female

P

Puddin'tane

..was afraid of that..any new cuts you bring inside, make sure to quarantine for pests..you shouldn't bring the outdoors inside, it will just bring headaches if you bring in bugs, or any type of mildew, (downy or powdery) etc..

But seriously, read that thread. I think it's probably the easiest way to clone out of the many techniques there are. The most imporatnt thing to remember when trying to root cuts is patience, patience, patience.

420tyme

..was afraid of that..any new cuts you bring inside, make sure to quarantine for pests..you shouldn't bring the outdoors inside, it will just bring headaches if you bring in bugs, or any type of mildew, (downy or powdery) etc..

But seriously, read that thread. I think it's probably the easiest way to clone out of the many techniques there are. The most imporatnt thing to remember when trying to root cuts is patience, patience, patience.

Thanks my man

i just read through some of that cloning thread

its crazy how they have them rooting in just plain water

P

Puddin'tane

yup, as I explained in the pm, unrooted cuts do not need to be fed. There is enough stored energy in the new growth and smaller fans up top to keep the stem alive while it focuses on making roots. Keep readin..you'll get success soon enough!