What's new

Gypsy is finally home

brown_thumb

It seems to me that a good lawyer or legal team would be very happy to take on the task, solely for the worldwide publicity.

Bwanabud

Gypsy,
After reading 57 pages of a story I never knew, has your family arrived by your side yet ?...what is the delay may I ask ?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gypsy,
After reading 57 pages of a story I never knew, has your family arrived by your side yet ?...what is the delay may I ask ?

One of the requirements for my wife's visa is a certifide copy of my passport. Currently my passport is still held by the courts because technically I am still on bail until the 14-21 days are up since the appeal hearing and no request by the feds is made to take the case to the Supreme Court. Also my wife has to take a T.B. test, because the T.B. test she took to apply for the failed visitors visa in 2016 is now out of date.

So no my family is not yet by my side, since I am not completely off the hook for this just yet.....so close and yet so far.

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah it'll all be in the rear view soon. Filipino women are strong.

Probably best not to poke the bear. Look at the fakery they threw at Assange. Hell the charges in Sweden have been dropped last I heard and they still want to arrest him for some petty offence on British soil.

And yet tried to play mute on the poisoning until it became impossible to do so. Odd that.

I wonder if there is a film franchise about a character performing extrajudicial killings overseas.

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
I'm going to use my first post here to say:

Good on ya mate!

Ooh, you have some nice smilies over here . . . :peacock:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ah it'll all be in the rear view soon. Filipino women are strong.

Probably best not to poke the bear. Look at the fakery they threw at Assange. Hell the charges in Sweden have been dropped last I heard and they still want to arrest him for some petty offence on British soil.

And yet tried to play mute on the poisoning until it became impossible to do so. Odd that.

I wonder if there is a film franchise about a character performing extrajudicial killings overseas.

Its still not officially over.......I'm still waiting for that fat lady to sing. Until I get my passport and bail money back, and there are no indications whatsoever that the feds are not trying to take this any further I can't really say that its OVER. It sure looks like its over, and we are just going thru the machinations of legally winding up the extradition case in the UK, and as with anything law related, it all takes a lot of time.....Hopefully within this next week I will see closure on this, yeah so best not to poke any bears right now...

I'm going to use my first post here to say:

Good on ya mate!

Ooh, you have some nice smilies over here . . . :peacock:

Hey Prawn.....good to see ya over this way. I hope that you hang out for a while. (Prawn Connery is a character from the Overgrow days, over 12 years ago)...

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
whoa, is that vert growing Prawn from the way old days? s'up homie?
Yeah, that's me. :tiphat:

I think I've just set a new world record for time between registering and first post - 14 years to the month!

Of course, that was after I set the record for fastest ban on ICMag - I think it was maybe an hour. Or at least as long as it took for JJ Scorpio to see my name! :biggrin:

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Prawn.....good to see ya over this way. I hope that you hang out for a while. (Prawn Connery is a character from the Overgrow days, over 12 years ago)...
Thanks for unlocking me, mate. Yeah, I'm "old's cool". At least the "old" part is right. To think some of us have been working these boards for almost 20 years now . . .

OK, first pipe of the day and then I think I'l hit the Chimera forums for a bit. I've just started some Mental Floss.
:plant grow:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Thanks for unlocking me, mate. Yeah, I'm "old's cool". At least the "old" part is right. To think some of us have been working these boards for almost 20 years now . . .

OK, first pipe of the day and then I think I'l hit the Chimera forums for a bit. I've just started some Mental Floss.

No worries......enjoy the forums.

guanito

2004!

2004!

Hey Prawn - You'n me 2004!
Was on overgrow before that.

how come you have only 3 posts in 20 freak'in years?

:woohoo:

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
I think I've just set a new world record for time between registering and first post - 14 years to the month!

Of course, that was after I set the record for fastest ban on ICMag - I think it was maybe an hour. Or at least as long as it took for JJ Scorpio to see my name! :biggrin:
^ This. But, ah . . . it's a long story that goes back to the old OG Shark Tank days.

The short version is, after RC stole OG from ~shabang~ to promote his own business, Gypsy built this place, as RC didn't want one of his main competitors to continue to be a major sponsor and central figure of the OG community.

At the same time, RC also closed the Shark Tank - which put a lot of us out of a home. We all had grower accounts on OG, of course, but many of us had built armies of sock puppets purely to play in the Tank.

While Gypsy and oldpink built ICMag, another OG member, Roller24, built a site called sharkstank.com - forever known as "The Stank" - for all the hard-core OG Shark Tank refugees. Eventually, The Stank morphed into planetganja.com, which I owned and adminned with another former OG Tank member, Ethical Grower - the guy who tried to blackmail OG after hacking accounts and threatening to delete members one-by-one. Ah, good times!
:shark:

JJScrotum - as we used to call him - was a bit of a thin-skin who fancied himself in the Tank and came over to our site during the "POM saga" (of which I'm sure you remember), but got trolled so badly he decided to ban all our ICmag accounts once he got into power here. (Although I think in my case it might have been oldpink who banned my account in 2004, as that was before POM and planetganja, but at the height of The Stank - we were all seen as a bunch of trolls then, though nearly all of us were also accomplished growers. You couldn't even mention "planetganja" on this site for a long time . . . though it was really JJSorpio who drove the anti-PG agenda and - in my opinion - also damaged ICMag with his arbitrary bannings.)

Most of us had registered accounts here after RC stole OG, and Gypsy and oldpink were regular members of planetganja.com - as they were also old OG Shark Tank aficionados.

What you have to remember about planetganja.com was it was modelled on the OG Shark Tank, and was the only unmoderated pot site on the internet at the time. We had a TOU which set down some basic rules banning publishing of personal information that could hurt people in real life (growing pot was illegal back then - as it still is in many countries), but that was it - nothing else was moderated, and pretty much everything was condoned in the name of free speech.

PG was really the "anti" pot site, and it could be very brutal - especially if you didn't have a sense of humour - as not everyone agreed with our anarchistic ways. From about 2005/6 there was also the whole dirty business with POM (which I was involved in to a degree).

Our motto at the time was: "If you don't like it, fuck off!"

It was certainly not for the feint of heart (or keyboard!). But - like the OG Shark Tank - we all thought it was pretty hilarious.

Ethical Grower eventually pulled the rug on planetganja, but it lives on in another incarnation - myplanetganja.com - but it's not very active these days.

A while ago, Gypsy and I were chatting about the old days and he invited me over here. I mentioned I'd been banned for 14 years without a post and he unlocked me.

So here I am :thank you:

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
Also, thanks for all the rep. I can't return the compliment as of yet (not enough posts, lol!). I also can't edit anything so, if my memory is a bit hazy after 15+ years, then apologies.

I remember OG like yesterday. Now, if only I could remember what I did yesterday . . . :bongsmi:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
^ This. But, ah . . . it's a long story that goes back to the old OG Shark Tank days.

The short version is, after RC stole OG from ~shabang~ to promote his own business, Gypsy built this place, as RC didn't want one of his main competitors to continue to be a major sponsor and central figure of the OG community.

At the same time, RC also closed the Shark Tank - which put a lot of us out of a home. We all had grower accounts on OG, of course, but many of us had built armies of sock puppets purely to play in the Tank.

While Gypsy and oldpink built ICMag, another OG member, Roller24, built a site called sharkstank.com - forever known as "The Stank" - for all the hard-core OG Shark Tank refugees. Eventually, The Stank morphed into planetganja.com, which I owned and adminned with another former OG Tank member, Ethical Grower - the guy who tried to blackmail OG after hacking accounts and threatening to delete members one-by-one. Ah, good times!
:shark:

JJScrotum - as we used to call him - was a bit of a thin-skin who fancied himself in the Tank and came over to our site during the "POM saga" (of which I'm sure you remember), but got trolled so badly he decided to ban all our ICmag accounts once he got into power here. (Although I think in my case it might have been oldpink who banned my account in 2004, as that was before POM and planetganja, but at the height of The Stank - we were all seen as a bunch of trolls then, though nearly all of us were also accomplished growers. You couldn't even mention "planetganja" on this site for a long time . . . though it was really JJSorpio who drove the anti-PG agenda and - in my opinion - also damaged ICMag with his arbitrary bannings.)

Most of us had registered accounts here after RC stole OG, and Gypsy and oldpink were regular members of planetganja.com - as they were also old OG Shark Tank aficionados.

What you have to remember about planetganja.com was it was modelled on the OG Shark Tank, and was the only unmoderated pot site on the internet at the time. We had a TOU which set down some basic rules banning publishing of personal information that could hurt people in real life (growing pot was illegal back then - as it still is in many countries), but that was it - nothing else was moderated, and pretty much everything was condoned in the name of free speech.

PG was really the "anti" pot site, and it could be very brutal - especially if you didn't have a sense of humour - as not everyone agreed with our anarchistic ways. From about 2005/6 there was also the whole dirty business with POM (which I was involved in to a degree).

Our motto at the time was: "If you don't like it, fuck off!"

It was certainly not for the feint of heart (or keyboard!). But - like the OG Shark Tank - we all thought it was pretty hilarious.

Ethical Grower eventually pulled the rug on planetganja, but it lives on in another incarnation - myplanetganja.com - but it's not very active these days.

A while ago, Gypsy and I were chatting about the old days and he invited me over here. I mentioned I'd been banned for 14 years without a post and he unlocked me.

So here I am :thank you:

I lurked the other sites following your threads and it was a big inspiration for my vert flowering under MH.

hope you start a thread here and show us how you are growing these days.:tiphat:

picture.php

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful mate! I'm glad to have helped in whatever way I did. I owe my own inspiration to the old krusty threads on OG - those Canadians were really the pioneers of vertical growing. Once I saw what they were doing, all I did was try to refine the method on a smaller scale and tailor it to my own environment.

I've always believed vertical growing is the most efficient way to use HID bulbs - as do all the early adopters - but I must admit, it took a few years for it to catch on. People are reluctant to change sometimes . .

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=76568&pictureid=1837598

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=76568&pictureid=1837599

Of course, technology never slows down, so after a few years of not having grown anything due to reality getting in the way I've decided to school myself on LEDs. It's been a bit of a learning curve - and unfortunately I don't have a lot of space to do things exactly the way I want - but I'm already getting comparable yields using basic LED strips to my old 1200w HPS vertical set-up on a grams-per-watt basis. Once I've got a few things dialled in, a vertical LED grow will be on the cards.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=76568&pictureid=1837602

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=76568&pictureid=1837603

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
Either I'm the dumbest crustacean on the planet, or the little instruction at the top of this page to "Just click and drag images into your post" needs further instruction! :dunno:

picture.php

OK, old 1200w HPS set-up

picture.php

Atomical Haze

picture.php

New 400w LED set-up

picture.php

Paradise Seeds Acid and Sensi Star

Prawn Connery

Licence To Krill
Vendor
Veteran
Haha, Is this what I get for suggesting oldpink built this place and not Skip? :redface:

10 posts. Now, where's that rep button . . .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
a belated welcome to IC mag, always nice to see the old timers showing up.
what happened with PG in the end. i remember some crazy entertaining threads, regarding, shall we say, forum politics, lmao.

edited to add:

you need 50 posts and 1 week membership time to get full account privileges, you have the time for sure lol....just the posts needed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts