What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guys, fix the cert issue

LeakyBucket

Veteran
Not to be a Karen, but I'm literally paying money to support this site because I value the community and the opinions of the members, and the cert is expired?

Do you need more money? Can I buy the site, so I can keep it secure and afloat? How can I help?

I'm lucky that my username and password aren't tied/paralleled to anything else (so IDGAF about compromise), but I'd imagine a lot of users aren't in that position.

Tighten it up, please.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
When I entered the site today I was hit with a Virus.
You sure it was a virus and not a warning the certificate is expired that was seen as dangerous by your antivirus? Some antivirus software reacts like that cause it thinks you got redirected from a site with a valid certificate to a copy of it that doesn't have the certificate. There is really no way that we can think of where something could have served you a file with a virus from our server. So it must be a false positive or a misunderstanding of the warning you got.
Anyway, all should be solved by now. If any of you have anymore problems related to this please write here or pm me.
Thank you!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You sure it was a virus and not a warning the certificate is expired that was seen as dangerous by your antivirus? Some antivirus software reacts like that cause it thinks you got redirected from a site with a valid certificate to a copy of it that doesn't have the certificate. There is really no way that we can think of where something could have served you a file with a virus from our server. So it must be a false positive or a misunderstanding of the warning you got.
Anyway, all should be solved by now. If any of you have anymore problems related to this please write here or pm me.
Thank you!
I read the details and it said someone is trying to gain access with a false certificate. Heres what it said.

chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to www.icmag.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk