What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guy almost blows himself up making BHO -- they warned us pot was dangerous!

BrainSellz

Veteran
I would recomend Hardware store acetone, it does a wonderful job and i believe that some beauty supply acetone comes with addatives, i think bitrate might be one of them but am not sure. I seen it on the label a long time ago and someone told me why it was in there but i cant remember. The hardware store has it by the gallons pretty cheap also, jfr. When you spray butane on a dish it leaves an oil residue and when you dump acetone on a dish and let it evap it leaves nothing.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I would recomend Hardware store acetone, it does a wonderful job and i believe that some beauty supply acetone comes with addatives, i think bitrate might be one of them but am not sure. I seen it on the label a long time ago and someone told me why it was in there but i cant remember. The hardware store has it by the gallons pretty cheap also, jfr.
sally beauty supply pure acetone (the kind I linked to) is among the purest commercially available pure acetone.

before you use any brand of acetone test evaporate an ounce and examine for oily or hazy residues. Impurities may vary from factory to factory.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
yeah... seems like we're on the same page there...

incidentally... making BHO one inhales quite a bit of benzene which is known to cause leukemia.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran

incidentally... making BHO one inhales quite a bit of benzene which is known to cause leukemia.

Is that "MAKING" BHO....or Inhaling BHO. I don't get near the stuff while it's evaporating. The finished product, well of course I ingest that. 5x filtered Vector is the stuff.

BrainSellz

Veteran

word on that! Causes leukemia, no need to be inhaling any extra of that shit for no reason, imo

BrainSellz

Veteran
Is that "MAKING" BHO....or Inhaling BHO. I don't get near the stuff while it's evaporating. The finished product, well of course I ingest that. 5x filtered Vector is the stuff.
One nice thing about acetone is there is no need to filter it, strain the leaves and evap....done!

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran

while making it.

how do you keep the butane from evaporating until you get clear of the area?

♥Mo♥

Well I'm afraid of that stuff. We have members post about exploding BHO every so often that I don't want to try it.

What was he doing using a closed space like a fridge and what the hell caused the explosion?

:joint:

One word, "Prohibition".

Polls close at 8pm, still plenty of time left. For those that have not yet voted, please go do so.:thank you:

accessndx

Veteran
When purged correctly there should be none of the carcinogenic material remaining. I think the public consensus is that butane gas is bad. Alot of the information being disseminated is due to peer reviewed data pertaining to inhalant abuse.
Now, clearly I'm not insane enough to inhale pure butane. Some people get their kicks with those types of inhalants...but I'm a nitrous type of guy. That's the only gas I dig.
When I make BHO, it's not a huge batch to begin with. It's one tube, one can. That gets blown right into a pyrex dish OUTSIDE....and can be watched behind a sliding glass door so as to NOT inhale any fumes as it's evaporating off.
I try to minimize skin exposure to liquid butane also. My BHO sits out for at least a few days before consumption and has an amber, clear rock candy texture.
I'm no chemist, but I'd find it hard to believe that a significant concentration of anything is left that could be more detrimental than the intended inhaled substances.
I could be wrong, but those are my not really well researched assumptions.

accessndx

Veteran
while making it.

how do you keep the butane from evaporating until you get clear of the area?

That's what I thought. Yeah, it's all handled as best as it can without a flow-hood. Outdoors behind glass is key. I intermittently swap out a double boiler dish underneath the pyrex with tea-kettle warmed water.

Making BHO, might as well cook crack.

Making BHO, might as well cook crack.

Well I'm afraid of that stuff. We have members post about exploding BHO every so often that I don't want to try it.

What was he doing using a closed space like a fridge and what the hell caused the explosion?

:joint:

Not to mention that making BHO is considered a felony drug manufacturing charge in the state of CA. And your medical doesn't allow for drug manufacturing FYI. Plus if you have finished 'tane weight, distributing narcotics charge, another felony. CA is cracking down on BHO because of morons like the guy in this article exploding homes/apartments

I just don't get it. Bubble hash is so easy to make and easily tests over 50% THC. Smoking bubble and high as shit right now. One Love

why not just bubble?

why not just bubble?

^ and thats the simple truth.
When I make bho it's out in the garden with a helmet and full set of bike leathers on, I may look like an idiot but at least I'll stand a chance if something goes wrong.

He went to the back door to light a joint :)
Maybe he went outside to get some air after filling the kitchen with butane?

This all sounds CRAZY. Why not just bubble it up? Helmet and leathers won't stop flying glass shards. Ice and water can't hurt, and are cheaper than gas too!

Not true

Not true

When purged correctly there should be none of the carcinogenic material remaining.
...I'm no chemist, but I'd find it hard to believe that a significant concentration of anything is left that could be more detrimental than the intended inhaled substances.
I could be wrong, but those are my not really well researched assumptions.

That's like saying organics and chem are the same thing. Listen, we all agree that smoking is not the best thing to do for your body. But, adding butane to that smoke is not going to help, and can only hurt. Cannabis smoke contains anti-cancer properties that balance the carcinogenic affects of the smoke. Butane throws that balance off. Purging 100% is impossible, as your butane is not 100% clean. The 0.01% contamination in your butane is not allowable for something we smoke IMO. In addition, achieving 100% evaporation is impossible as the butane reacts on the chemical level with the oils. And there are always microscopic bubbles of tane left, always.

Now if you smoke with a standard bic lighter you are smoking with crappy dirty butane all the time and probably can't tell the difference because you are used to the tane taste. BUT if you are RASTA and only smoke with
1) the sun & magnifying glass
2) heat guns/phedor/volcano
3) bee line beeswax wick

Well, then maybe you don't want to smoke butane extract as hash is cleaner and more natural.

H

HippyJohnny

Darwin awards almost and a snicker....

" I know I'll put in the fridge so it won't evaperate while I twist up this spliff.... Honey, where's my lighter taking a quick break? Never mind, I got it"

BOOM

Stupidity should be painful :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts