What's new

"gun violence"

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Jim Kessler, writing for The Hill, has delivered some unexpected news. while we are all aware (or should be) that shootings have increased, most of the attention has been (wrongly) focused on the usual suspects IE- the big cities controlled by Democrats. and it HAS gotten higher there. but...in 2020, the 25 states that The Chump carried had 40% more murders than the 25 states that Biden carried. Kessler, by the way, is the former director of Policy and Research for Americans for Gun Safety. Mississippi, which has NONE of the big cities (or state-wide Democratic office holders) normally associated with gun violence, is number one in the nation. Louisiana, Kentucky, Alabama, and Missouri round out the top 5. ALL are GOP dominated states that voted overwhelmingly for The Chump. of the top 10 states for murder rates, 8 went for El Chumpo both times, and have voted GOP in every POTUS election so far in this century.:chin: hmmmm...

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I would say it's generally a mistake to try to connect the reason for gun violence to either political party. Gun violence is all over the country and there are people of either political party that have been responsible for gun violence. What I notice as something that might be a cause and effect relationship is that as the nation grows more divided and people become more isolated in their beliefs the world seems to get worse and gun violence goes up. Maybe the solution then isn't to try and figure out ways to blame one particular party or another to blame, but rather for the two major parties to actually come together in Congress and do their job of solving the issues their voters are struggling with the most. In that way life in the US might actually begin to improve, people might then start to be less angry and find hope for the future to be better and maybe that would in turn lead to less instances of gun violence.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Anyone tries to take my weapons will get shot with this.
IMG_0690.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It's too late to fix the gun problem because there are too many guns to control. Guns are everywhere in the millions or even trillions. The only way to get the guns off the street is to lock down the whole country and shakedown everyone which is impossible. Guns in America are like apple pies, they're everywhere. Anyone that tries to take people's guns away is stupid because the people are not giving up their protection. There are open carry laws in some States that allow gun owners to carry without a permit. The reason is that the violence is so bad in those states everyone carries. The only way to stop the violence is with "violence" for personal protection. 😎

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jim Kessler, writing for The Hill, has delivered some unexpected news. while we are all aware (or should be) that shootings have increased, most of the attention has been (wrongly) focused on the usual suspects IE- the big cities controlled by Democrats. and it HAS gotten higher there. but...in 2020, the 25 states that The Chump carried had 40% more murders than the 25 states that Biden carried. Kessler, by the way, is the former director of Policy and Research for Americans for Gun Safety. Mississippi, which has NONE of the big cities (or state-wide Democratic office holders) normally associated with gun violence, is number one in the nation. Louisiana, Kentucky, Alabama, and Missouri round out the top 5. ALL are GOP dominated states that voted overwhelmingly for The Chump. of the top 10 states for murder rates, 8 went for El Chumpo both times, and have voted GOP in every POTUS election so far in this century.:chin: hmmmm...
Coincidentally the airhead states

armedoldhippy

Veteran
It's too late to fix the gun problem because there are too many guns to control. Guns are everywhere in the millions or even trillions. The only way to get the guns off the street is to lock down the whole country and shakedown everyone which is impossible. Guns in America are like apple pies, they're everywhere. Anyone that tries to take people's guns away is stupid because the people are not giving up their protection. There are open carry laws in some States that allow gun owners to carry without a permit. The reason is that the violence is so bad in those states everyone carries. The only way to stop the violence is with "violence" for personal protection. 😎
Tennessee (like a growing number of states, particularly in the south) now has "constitutional carry" allowing anyone over 21 & not proscribed from owning a gun for legal or mental health reasons to concealed carry. (lots of cops hate this, others are on board) although currently GOP dominated, we are not on top of the list for shootings/murders. (this may change) you can get an "enhanced carry" permit ($350) allowing you to "open carry". Virginia has gone a different route. in order to carry concealed, you MUST have a permit, but anyone not barred can open carry. so when i cross the state line here headed for Duffield, for example, i have to take my S&W out of my pocket & carry in a visible holster. WTF? :whistling: i like the "constitutional carry" option for a very good reason. if i get a CCP here in TN, then i am committing a felony because i am, in the federal govts eyes, a barred individual because i smoke cannabis. yup, smoke pot and they don't allow you to defend yourself...:chin: "run away, run away..."

Petrochemical

Anyone tries to take my weapons will get shot with this. View attachment 18125260 .
Those thumbnails scare me sgt lol
I don't know hippie you seem like a really intelligent dude you know as well as I do they never going to give us a good candidate the only way we're going to get a good candidate that really cares about our f****** country is to get one that's probably completely devoid and aloof to everything going on that makes money

St. Phatty

I would say, the US needs MORE gun violence. But targeted & results oriented, not the random bullshit.

The Conscienceless Psychopaths in Washington DC, stopped representing the general public in the US a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago.

What the US has now is 1776 era Taxation without Representation, on Steroids, 10 times over, Light years more coercive than anything the British government did to the Colonists.

Of course, the non-violent attempts to remedy the situation have rightly been tried first - by the General Public - for several generations ... and failed.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Gun control measures are only useful for tyrants and the ignorant Karens of the world.

Reporting about "gun violence" is a scare tactic which works amazingly well on ignorant people.
if you read much about it, many who write on the subject totally ignore that it takes a human being for the firearm to function. you would think that the guns crawl out of the closet & wander off down the street firing at random hoping to kill some innocent person. i wonder why they don't fixate on the cars that folks use to kill other people with? is it because THEY own cars too, but not firearms? :chin: i tried to find out how many were killed in "gun violence" in 2020, but got very contradictory info. the CDC says 45,000 , one anti-gun group says only 17,000. almost every source for auto deaths said around 42,000. murders by firearm went up (43%), while suicides stayed the same (54%). this leaves true accidents (rare) and "death by cop" (common) to account for the rest of gun deaths. by contrast, almost 92,000 folks died by overdose in 2020, more than guns and cars could muster together.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
What the US has now is 1776 era Taxation without Representation, on Steroids, 10 times over, Light years more coercive than anything the British government did to the Colonists.
well, we are not, as of yet, being forced to house and feed military troops in our homes like the colonists were for a time. not quite as bad now as then in many aspects.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Those thumbnails scare me sgt lol
I don't know hippie you seem like a really intelligent dude you know as well as I do they never going to give us a good candidate the only way we're going to get a good candidate that really cares about our f****** country is to get one that's probably completely devoid and aloof to everything going on that makes money
so we need someone frighteningly rich? the rich are ALL about money though. or maybe someone that lives under a bridge in a refrigerator box, and is happy doing so. (my choice) true happiness is supposedly attained by being content with what you already have. real empathy for others is alarmingly scarce among pols. (not as common among ordinary people as it should be, either) lots of them TALK a good game, but fall flat on their ass if closely examined.

med4u

Veteran
WASHINGTON (TND) — A TND analysis of the 15 deadliest cities in America discovered that 11 of them are primarily run by Democrats.

The National Desk (TND) looked at the party affiliations of mayors, district attorneys, sheriffs and city council members within the nation’s 15 cities which currently hold the highest murder rates, according to worldpopulationreview.com.

The cities largely run by Democrats are St. Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans, Detroit, Cleveland, Newark, Chicago, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, and Pittsburgh.

All but three cities on the list have Democratic mayors. Democratic district attorneys are also in charge of prosecution in 12 of the 15 cities.

The top four deadliest cities -- St. Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans and Detroit -- have Democratic mayors, sheriffs, prosecutors and city council leaders. The fifth, Cleveland, has Democrats across the board with the exception of an unaffiliated sheriff who was appointed to his position.

Progressive prosecutors, which hold office in nearly all of the 15 cities, have come under fire lately for weakening their prosecutorial standards.

Three Berries

The very idea of attributing a human emotional or calculated action to an object is suspect. Just another attempt at 'normalizing' something the Left wants and the Right doesn't. Grooming if you will......

armedoldhippy

Veteran
New gun laws won't stop gun violence. M4A, UBI, and an end to the War on Drugs will.
i don't think that would completely stop it, but it would for damn sure cut down on it drastically. there will always be aberrant behavior by otherwise normal seeming folks. "he was so quiet, none of us expected this from him...":oops:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Why do most shootings occur where there is no carrying of firearms for self defense allowed?
those that would commit crimes like this are cowards, and prefer not to have folks shooting back at them. i carry mine damn near everywhere (not bars nor banks), laws be fucked. accidentally carried it into my credit union a few days ago. NOT smart, they have guards there.:eek: i look at a loaded pistol like i do insurance. you hope you never need it...