What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gummies!

blondie

If you are looking to make smaller amount of oil in a simple way. Grind 4-5 grams, put in a mason jar, insta pot pressure cook for an hour. Add oil, cook another hour, strain. No muss no fuss..

OleReynard

No coconut oil in these.
Distillate = 151 proof grain alcohol
1 6oz jello
1 1/2 oz of Knox gelatin
Cup of apple juice
Makes approx 180 to 200 gummys
This is Reiko X's recipe

Attachments

• 20240111_114147.jpg
    20240111_114147.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Tincandtoke

Sure thing @Tincandtoke , happy to share the recipe.
Here is how the Oil is made.

Thanks
Been doing ethanol extraction and reduction
As the entourage effect gains traction it may be wiser to go full spectrum for medicinal use
The "plant" taste of unfiltered concentrate is hard for me, turns my stomach while chewing the edibles
Have a lot of tricks up my sleeve but I need more info on cannabis processing

Also working with CBD and CBG cultivars to add to another cultivar called thunder struck which is 10%THC/15%CBD
Makes a good sleep medication but the big thing I have noticed is that you need that roughly 10% THC to create a well rounded sleep med
Currently being used by a non cannabis user (not anymore) in place of Ambien (overnight worker)

hamstring

Veteran
The ratio from Marijuana Cooking: Good Medicine Made Easy is 1 ounce high quality to 14oz Coconut Oil. When using trim or leaf the ratio should be doubled, tripled or more.

For the squares, the molds are in a sheet of 126 and each holds 2ml and measures .6" x .6" x .4"
Whats the ratio using dry sieve? Wanting to make my own gummies .

Tincandtoke

You don't taste the chlorophyll in the gummies I make, can't stand that taste either
10% thc 15% cbd, nice

I filter my tincture with carbonX and celite 545
Unsure if I'm filtering out any good compounds

Did oil infusions early on but moved to syrup as the 11 hydroxy THC kicked my ass in low mg
Circling back to the oil as pain management has been rough

IMG_20231119_174412.jpg IMG_20231119_175825.jpg

Making thunder struck tincture for reduction

hamstring

Veteran
You mean dry sieve, like Kief?

You can use up to an Ounce of Kief per 14-16oz jar of Coconut Oil. Half that as a starting point. 1-2 grams per 30ml of Oil.
Yes sir, the temps are right to dry sieve some of my outdoor in my garage. I am pulling/saving seeds at the same time. I usually do water hash but I want to dry sieve this year and keep the seeds. Kief/dry sieve works well in the volcano on top of some bud. Water hash is too dense.

Thank you for the help brother, I really appreciate it.

Tincandtoke

Thinking of doing a left over degrading cannabinoid mix of concentrates to bring things up to date
All have been in cold storage and some are more than a year old
Not worried as my storage is very good, not deep freeze but 38f (3c)
Going to do a butter syrup but replace the butter with already made infused coconut oil
Distillate and rso are decarbed
The isolates need a go a round in the Ardent FX

IMG_20240120_165253.jpg

From the left, isolate, isolate, distillate and fully filtered rso
The distillate is leftover from about 15 1ml syringes, froze it for easy retrieval

Last edited:

Maple_Flail

so.. has anyone else experimented with putting mushrooms in your gummies?

apparently its pretty good according to my guinea pig..

3:1:3 ratio Thc : Cbd : mushroom is note worthy. i do have other minors in the mix just want to see if anyone else is doing something similar.

Tincandtoke

so.. has anyone else experimented with putting mushrooms in your gummies?

apparently its pretty good according to my guinea pig..

3:1:3 ratio Thc : Cbd : mushroom is note worthy. i do have other minors in the mix just want to see if anyone else is doing something similar.

I do lemon tech extraction of my magic mushrooms
Add it to my infused syrup for micro dosing
Made homemade trippy sodas
IMG_20230722_182329.jpg

Shrooms and refined rso/distillate
I would extract your mushrooms because the fibrous make up of the mushroom will make it hard for your gummies to set and the texture will be awful

Please elaborate on your method of extraction and infusion
How did you arrive at your ratio?
Very interesting, thanks for sharing!

Maple_Flail

no extraction no way to imperially test on the scale i'm working at, just infusion.
I freeze the mushrooms and powder them in a coffee grinder.
psilocybin starts extracting in water at room temp and the double boiling seems to catch psilocin from what i've read.
The candy solution is acidic so i can only assume there is acidic activation as well.

I don't strain the particulars out, whatever i don't get out remains in there to be eaten.

I came by it in trial and error, CBD seems to bring consistency between different variations of mushrooms it also slightly tames the effect based on my notes.. (limited test subjects.. 6>)

I already had a base ratio of 3:1 worked out as a nice middle ground between therapeutic and recreational.
started at a 1.5 or a 2 ratio, worked up to almost a 4 ratio and based on feed back went closer to 3
(apparently 4 ratio made garbage cans talk back after you toss something... who knew.. ooops)

1mg thc to 1mg mushroom (it is a much easier number to deal with than the low % of assumed trip substance) provided you don't get chalked shiitakes or some sort of extra potent new mushroom cross it seems fairly similar across most mushroom types.

if you want to push for heavy visuals over body go less cbd. CBD seems to tame most thing a bit atleast other than the body buzz of mushrooms.

Last edited:

Tincandtoke

no extraction no way to imperially test on the scale i'm working at, just infusion.
I freeze the mushrooms and powder them in a coffee grinder.
psilocybin starts extracting in water at room temp and the double boiling seems to catch psilocin from what i've read.
The candy solution is acidic so i can only assume there is acidic activation as well.

I don't strain the particulars out, whatever i don't get out remains in there to be eaten.

I came by it in trial and error, CBD seems to bring consistency between different variations of mushrooms it also slightly tames the effect based on my notes.. (limited test subjects.. 6>)

I already had a base ratio of 3:1 worked out as a nice middle ground between therapeutic and recreational.
started at a 1.5 or a 2 ratio, worked up to almost a 4 ratio and based on feed back went closer to 3
(apparently 4 ratio made garbage cans talk back after you toss something... who knew.. ooops)

1mg thc to 1mg mushroom (it is a much easier number to deal with than the low % of assumed trip substance) provided you don't get chalked shiitakes or some sort of extra potent new mushroom cross it seems fairly similar across most mushroom types.

if you want to push for heavy visuals over body go less cbd. CBD seems to tame most thing a bit atleast other than the body buzz of mushrooms.

Thank you so much for the info
Working with 1:1 ratio thc/cbd flower
Have to try it out
I pulverized the mushrooms too then use lemon juice to extract
Can vouch for the effectiveness and you get your glow within 10 minutes

Trying to learn about CBD flower for sleep, relaxation and what appears to be a counter acting agent to psychoactive material
Used super sour space candy to counter my edible green outs

Anything you are comfortable sharing about CBD and mushrooms would be appreciated