What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It would be good to move them to avoid it being an issue. Don't want anyone to know about herb growing in the area.

A few years ago, I had a small plot that was just missed by a big 4 wheel drive truck or tractor tire that goes through and sprays the electric line easement. Not a good place to grow by the way. I've seen the helicopter come through to inspect the line a long time ago.

Its good to have multiple plots, but at the same time, every time you have a plot its another security risk.

A couple years ago the swamp plot got found. Came up to the plot and saw some new quad tracks and immediately covered my head with my shirt. I got a little closer and it was all gone except one or 2 plants! The young couple that bought the property recently found them. They were really worried because of things they had been told about one of the brothers that lived there before being in prison and stealing. They didn't know who it was that was growing and were worried about them coming back and doing something. I felt like since they were my neighbors and down to earth folks, I didn't want their experience of buying a new home with lots of land to be spoiled. Being a young mom with a little girl with cowboy boots, she was genuinely worried. They said "Yeah we found 70 some plants someone was growing back there and reported it to the Drug Task Force." I could tell how worried she was, and it was not good. The plants were small at this point. It was in June.

So I told them. I said, "I can tell you who put those plants back there. Those were my plants. I can tell you're really worried, and I don't want you to have to worry about anybody coming back. Those were my plants and you have nothing to worry about."

They were a bit astonished. She said, "Thank you that makes me feel a lot better! There are still a couple back there, you can get them if you want."

I said, "No its alright you can just keep them. Thanks though!"

The husband said, "I tried growing a couple times, but didn't have much luck with it. With my job I don't really smoke anymore."

It was the right thing to do, and it felt good! Prohibition just pisses me off. It really ruins things. I decided a long time ago I am not living in fear. I'm going to trust God, walk by faith and the holy spirit, and magnify the Love of Jesus Christ.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

militia420

So I told them. I said, "I can tell you who put those plants back there. Those were my plants. I can tell you're really worried, and I don't want you to have to worry about anybody coming back. Those were my plants and you have nothing to worry about."

They were a bit astonished. She said, "Thank you that makes me feel a lot better! There are still a couple back there, you can get them if you want."

I don't think I could have told them, but I think I would have given them some other story that I personally confirmed as being the case. Some one you knew put them there but it wasn't that trouble maker. I know in much more rural areas it can be a lot easier to have people you know you can trust but even then if they have children the ratty feds and state will hold that over their heads for info and most will cave. I'd make sure to be very careful about security and where you keep stuff in bulk. I liked what OP did with having a secluded grow shack. That sort of thing could get split up with an area for storage, such as a fridge or drop in freezer. The drop in would use less amps. I gotta run a test with drying, curing and vacuum sealing some bud that I want to try in a drop in freezer. If it comes out perfect with no problems then I think I'll be storing a lot there as I work through it.

That one pic from your 2015 grow looks like 1lb of bud. Just guessing from the newspaper being about the same size as the garbage bags I dry mine on, and the fact that I know a QP fit on one of those. Then again the volcano smog/vog made the buds a bit less dense. How close is my guess?? :)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the advice! I have no reason to weigh my crop really. It is what it is. Depends on how much you trim it too. I measure it by the jar which is about an ounce. :smoke:

I'm not worried about it, I don't think they're going to tell. I'm over this prohibition. Everyone is bending over for it. So many people have to quit using cannabis as medicine because of a job. Families are divorced because of it. Not many people grow around here. Its just not something people are interested in. Absurd drug laws, I can't say I'm surprised people don't grow. I just don't see that patriotic passion with cannabis like people did with alcohol prohibition. We should all be growing, there would literally be no stopping it. It would get people discussing cannabis more, and bringing it into the light. I guess most folks don't think that way. I love my country so much, I risk my life to fight this fight for freedom! And I'm not being quiet. The truth sets us free my friend. God is the spirit of truth, the holy spirit. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light.

Its wrong to lock people up for this. The people have decided. End of story. If something ever happens, taking it to a jury. Its just like alcohol prohibition, I read the other day about a jury deciding not guilty on someone's cannabis grow!

I talked to a retired federal magistrate judge a week or so ago I do some work for. I asked him about hemp he agreed. Everyone has different beliefs and people are going to do what they are going to do.

Give me liberty or give me death! Trust the Father! He's a saving God! :smoke:

Hey here comes the rain! Thank you God!

picture.php

redlaser

Veteran
Well, hopefully you are in a medical state with some sort of protection, but I think that is probably not the case.

A lot of people are not over prohibition, and they will give you neither liberty or death, metal cage hotel instead.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a real situation living in a society with prohibition. We have to help do our part to put a stop to this or we'll go through another generation of people being destroyed by these laws. We are the guerilla growers. We're moving forward now. We are the change. Get it? We AREN'T living in fear of your bullsh*t! Rattleing the cage doesn't work anymore. Its a blasphemy against God to lock people up for this. We're in a fight to stop it. People die in the military for this freedom we have here. Ganja warriors. Its whats going on. Reality is stranger than fiction. God is worthy to be praised! Living with the sacrificial love of Jesus. Got that peace that surpasses all understanding, that real joy, in my heart! Just loving God's people. Nothing can separate you from the Love of God. :smoke:

Legalize marijuana! No we should be saying legalize medicinal hemp. Marijuana was a term made up by people lying about cannabis trying to scare people into submission.

The leaves have expanded recently. A few of them are at 10 inches long and have leaflets about 2.5 inches wide. I don't remember seeing leaves expanded this big. Must be some happy plants. We've really been blessed with great growing conditions.

Got some storms floating through tonight. Gonna have to check the plot. Went to look for diseased leaves this evening, not much to pick. Trying to stay ahead of it with hot humid conditions.

Give this station a listen. Right on reggae radio! http://en.topradio.org/radio,rightonscalescom-reggae-radio,3721.html

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting some amazing smells coming out in the garden now! Definitely have several keepers this year. One of the Sativa Candy spice phenos has that smell from last year! :smoke:

Got some good rain again last night and today. Had 1 diseased leaf to remove this evening. Keeping up with disease pressure.

Staked the last 2 branches on the big betsy so they are more in the light and upright. Brought in native foliage a little closer. Canopy is closed in and pretty much continuous now.

Its perfect this year, the female plants have assembled into roughly 2 rows. Most of the plants seem to be getting a good amount of sun and airflow! :smoke:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Pipeline, I might have missed it in an earlier post or thread but what all do you do as far as amending your soil? I've grown in pots, buckets and bags but next year I'm going in ground.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just use Espoma brand Garden tone 3-4-4 fertilizer at heavy rate about 2-4 cups each hole plus about 1/4-1/2 cup dolomite lime. I dig the entire garden with the holes touching so its one big garden patch.

Feed monthly by top dressing garden tone after working soil with hand trowel and fingers to make sure all the hard crust is broken up. Near flowering, I start feeding at a 3 week interval. Used happy frog japanese maple fertilizer late july. They really smiled after that feeding! :smoke:

picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No compost, just Garden tone, lime, and native clay based soil!

Oh yeah mound the soil up around the stems when you top dress! They get more fertilizer, root zone, and oxygen in the soil! :smoke:
picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking forward to cross you have going this year! I love that Deep chunk line! Pure indica send from God! Chunks run deep. Just have to watch the mold like anything else!

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Yeah, mold is something to watch out for. I'm a big fan of Indicas. More mold prone but you get to harvest earlier so I guess it's a fair trade off. I'm probably going to run a bit of pure Deep Chunk next season. Your plants do alright without any staking or support?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh yeah, the soil at the base keeps them upright! Waving in the wind naturally allows the stems to build up stronger. Its a physiological response! Some plants are lanky and break in the storm, but that's ok. It helps me sort out the weak ones for next generation. :smoke:

Well

So beautiful, I´v been away from IC for a while doing other things.
But i´m back now, located in spain, and I love to be back here. Love the Outdoor forum, and this thread interesting to reed.
Probably gonna start my a thread soon ;) :)

CowboyTed

I was in Wal-Mart earlier today and came up with a pretty good idea.. If we don't want our plants to start flowering early, what about the little solar light stakes that you sit along walkways, porches, around the yard etc...? I know they aren't too bright but I could see them being bright enough to keep the plant in "awake" mode. The good thing is, no batteries required, very very cheap up front investment and if your like me out in the middle of BFE and know your land inside and out, you don't have to worry about anyone seeing these in the night time, at least I don't. Its really making me scratch my chin and I am thinking about experimenting with this. :chin:

Edit: also, you could place them right directly at the base of the plant or even hang them upside down over top of the plant so the light is shining directly onto the top.

I'm curious whether you've tried this now, since we're past the time of year you might have wanted to use this idea.

I may get my answer from the thread shortly, as I'm reading through the entire thread tonight.

I happen to have a bunch of those solar lights around, and I might give them a try when I put out plants in the spring.

My cousin designed one of these solar lights, and he sells them mostly to NGOs around the world, where they give them away to poor people who would otherwise burn kerosene in their homes for light.

But his lights are useful for all kinds of other tasks. I hang them from the fence along the path from my house to the barn and shop. They light the path for me from dusk until about six hours later.

If you leave the light switch on all the time, the solar panel charges up the battery all day, and then the light comes on automatically at dusk. The light goes out in about six hours, when the battery is finally dead. Next morning, the sun comes out and does it all again.

You could just hang one over a seedling or clone that goes out in late spring, and the extra six hours of light would keep it from flowering until the days grow longer approaching the solstice.

Here's a link to his website, to a six-pack of the lights that is the cheapest way to buy them except by the case:

https://www.nokero.com/Solar-String-Lights-N193-6-pack-p/n193-6pack.htm

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Everybody should be well into flowering by now anyway. I think the solar lite idea might have worked for wk or so. It would be hard to regulate how long they stay on. I've got alot of solar lights and some of them go out before 12 at nite and others work until past 4am, this both is with full sun all day. If you couldn't put them on a timer I don't think. I dunno if there's solar lite timers ??? I'm sure they probably are. But like the guy above said you may risk hermis. It's something to maybe try next yr with a TESTER plant. I wouldn't risk something I'm putting alot of stock in. It would maybe work but solar lights can be unreliable and a pain.

iTarzan

You wouldn't be using the solar power lights during the fall when the plants are flowering. You wouldn't want to delay flowering at that point. If anything you would want them to start flowering earlier so they would finish.

You would be using the lights in the spring when the light outside is still less than what is needed to keep them from flowering and keep them vegging. So you wouldn't be risking hermies. You would only need to run it for a few hours. And yes you could hook up a timer.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Around here its usually pretty cold that time of year. After the average last frost, April 22, daylight hours are enough to keep them from flowering I think. Not for sure though, I always grow from seed, and they are young at that point! :smoke:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
You wouldn't be using the solar power lights during the fall when the plants are flowering. You wouldn't want to delay flowering at that point. If anything you would want them to start flowering earlier so they would finish.

You would be using the lights in the spring when the light outside is still less than what is needed to keep them from flowering and keep them vegging. So you wouldn't be risking hermies. You would only need to run it for a few hours. And yes you could hook up a timer.

Lol really you wouldn't want to use them in the fall??? I'm just giving my take on solar lites....that's why I said everyone should be well into flowering. I assumed everyone would understand I was referencing to using them next yr/spring summer. WTF would anybody need them in the fall when there shits been flowering probably a mouth. It's sad I have to explain this lol dang....I'm sorry I'm not retarded and not going be made out to be.

And I've got at least 50_75 solar lights around my house and there very unreliable. I've got cheap ones, expensive ones, solar spot lights. You never know from day to day how much use you'll get from them at night. Like I said sometimes 12am, sometimes 4am. I've got quite a bit of experience with solar lights or I wouldn't have made this comment. The only thing I'm not familiar with is using a timer with solar lights because there so inconsistent there's no need to bother

I'm only trying to help guys who might be thinking of trying this out. Yes you might be able to pull it off a few wks....hell it might work as long as you need it to. Like I said I'd use a test plant and not risk getting my plants outta wack with inconsistent lighting cycle. Yes it's sad I've gotta explain something that's so simple. I'm sure 99/100 understood but you've got that 1 trying to mix shit up and make me out to be stupid. I'm a dedicated icmag member and contribute to helping the community.

Again I'm just offering my help. Mountain Budz has a great idea. Like I said it might work for a week, it might work all the time. Then again it might not work. Test it out.