What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla In the Swamp '13

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Well done brother, I dug this baby up tonight when fantasizing about a swamp grow this year. Can I ask how you recommend transporting harvests to your drying location? I did garbage bags last year but my car stank the entire drive home... trying to improve in this area this year.

Do you think you would've lost some plants if they were in the ground when the late seasons rain came along? It looks like it got a little deep at parts there...

What strains did you run out there? I'm looking for mold-resistant ones I can run at 42N, sounds like these all did very good!

Also, were these in indirect sunlight most of the time? If so, is that a security tactic you use?

Hahaha......your car stunk. I did the same thing. 42 gallon black garbage bags in the trunk of my car. I have a car with a big trunk. Usually would bring 3-4 bags at a time to the trim/dry spot. My car stunk so bad that from September-December I didn't ever ride around with smoke on me. Hell I couldn't even bring the kids to school with my car that's how bad it smelled. I have a father who's an old hippy and taught me the basics of growing when I was a teen. When I ask him to, he follows me when I have my car loaded with full garbage bags. My girlfriend also does the same thing, follows me so no cops can come up behind me. That was only a few times though when I harvested the heaviest of the plants and really wanted to make sure I didn't lose them. Other than that, I just load up the car and take all the back roads home. Funny thing is all 25 lbs. went right by a police station on it's way to the dryind house!!!!!! Sometimes I have more balls than brains!!
I definetly would have lost some plants to the flood if they were in the ground. This was my third year at this spot, so I know the layout of the land and how much the water can rise. Only this year it went up higher than I have ever seen it. I spent a good half hour or longer rescuing plants in pails and grow bags. I was wading thru water that was waist deep carrying heavy ass plants over my head to safety. The water there is always deep enough to fill 5 gallon pails all day long, without ever running out- I love it!!!!!!
I grew like 15 strains this year, to many to type them all. Dinachem and exodus kush were the best strains I grew this year. Kosher kush and deadhead og were my other two fav's . I did have a little bud rot, not much though. Next year everything is gonna get hit with eagle-20 in late july, so hopefully there won't be any bud rot. I'm at just about the 45th parallel, so anything I run will definetly finish for you. Pineapple express is a really reliable strain that I grow and it finishes fast. It makes real nice buds, some huge. The taste and smell is awesome. It's also a hearty plant that can take abuse and still keep truckin'.
I try to put my plants in spots where they get direct sunlight all day long. I take tree's down and clear brush if I have to. There's a beaver dam not to far from this spot. So taking tree's and what-not, only looks like the beavers doing their job. Last year the fucker's dropped a tree right on 3 of my plants.....I did nothing. It's their swamp after all. I have learned over the years that it's not worth it to try and hide plants from aerial assault either. If you want lots of good smoke come harvest and the weight, plants need to be in direct sunlight all day.
This year I have new plans though. My swamp location has another opening about 300 yards away, the same size as the plot you see in this thread. I'm filling that one up this year too. I also have another spot in an old farmers back yard that I can fill up to the max as well.
Anyways thanks for the kind words guys. Anything else ya's wanna know, just ask. It's that time of the year already, and I'm getting excited. I have 6 trays of clones going, and just started some fem seeds. Almost time to get a couple truckloads of dirt, a pallet of happy frog, and a new shovel!!!!!! God I can't wait!!!

Team Microbe

Veteran
hahaha mannn, I hate beavers! I was out there at 2am harvesting this year so I was creeped out as it is... then a whole family of those things plopped into the swamp about 20 yards away from me and I SHIT MYSELF. Once my heart attack stopped I realized what it was and carried on but God damn... I was so shook from that.

I like the station drive-by's haha! That is ballsy, I gotta respect that. I like the idea of the decoy car, I heard on Weed Country they do something like that. The driver has a beer bottle in his hand behind him and swerves and throws the beer out the window so the cop pulls them over (only if the cop starts trailing them obv) instead of the load. Hopefully it never comes down to that though

Dinachem sounds solid, their Blue Widow did so well for me last year as well... I love Dinafem. Pineapple Express was one of my favorite strains a few years back, never grew her though. Maybe I'll try those two out this year.

Can't wait to see your 2nd plot this year! You're gonna kill it, I'm searching google earth already for mineral-rich swamp lands (gotta love technology lol)... I hope to have 1 or two swamp patches so I don't have to water much. Thanks for the advice brother, feel free to hop over to my new guerrilla forum dedicated to tactics and tips... I'd love to have your input on pre-season preps and I know others would as well!

Be easy

Latest posts

Latest posts