What's new

Guerilla Grow Living Space

Any green sustainable cabins or shacks or anything 1 man can build in the wilderness so he can tend his plants..

what would you build if you had to go into the wild to grow and live?

serious6

absolutely nothing; as it will call attention that someone is there. you look for a suitable tree, overhang, cave, or grove near a stream and dig a firepit. the most you want is a wicmeup or a duck/hunter blind and make it waterproof. there you be out of the rain, wind and sun completely camoed. in late fall i've dug a covered pit 8' x 8' and lived in it to trim and harvest.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Build yourself a spider hole like the (creepy, weird) guy from DOOMSDAY PREPPERS:

SpiderHole.jpg

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.tinyhouseliving.com/2009/07/08/plans/tiny-prefab-geodesic-dome-home/

Geodesic domes are an incedibly efficient way of enclosing space. The tiny prefab home pictured here is 160 square feet and made by Easy Domes Ltd. They sell kits and plans from 160 square feet to 1100 square feet. Dome homes are easy to build and tend to be low cost.

here is a big house
latest%20058.jpg

also tree houses are cool because elevation is good hiding. plus you can just build several of them and grow potted plants in the canopy.

img_2489.jpg

M

MrSterling

Sow, I don't have the link any more but a while ago a friend sent me a link to some *crazy* woman who was living in the woods in a tent naked, running a laptop off car batteries and using a cellphone for uplinking(is that even the right word?) to the web to do freelance work. She'd put her tent out in the woods, and then buried it in leafmold/dirt until it looked like just another part of the environment. I found it hard to believe but she had a bunch of photos, inside and out. It actually looked pretty cozy.

Ny2CaFuse

Holy image size, Batman! lol

I always love the shipping container homes. I know burying them requires a lot of extra work, but I always thought that burying them half way would be the way to go. A 5ft deep hole is a lot easier to dig than a 10-12ft, and could be done by hand. And you wouldn't have to reinforce the walls/roof. Then you could "burm" the container with the dirt that was dug out. Plant a bunch of shrubs/bushes around/on it and it wouldn't be seen unless you were right on it.