What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

guard dogs- am I OK with just one ya think?

I've never needed a guard dog before, but now I think I do. I am moving to an unknown area, and my little ankle-biters just won't do.

I'm in the process of adopting a german shep/rotty mix. It's just a little one bedroom apartment, but it's in a rough part of town, and I will be growing there. So protection is of utmost importance.

Do you think one dog will do the trick, or will I need more? My friends tell me I need at least 3 dogs to seriously do the job.

I know this is some amateur hour, douchey thug life crap. Sorry about that. But I'm in a sticky situation and simply need a guard dog. Your wisdom is much appreciated.

2 is always better than 1. check out Belguim belgian malinois or pitbull
Thank you Got Dank. Is the first dog you're referring to belgium shepherd? Pits aren't really my style unfortunately. I've not had good experiences with them, and just generally don't care for them much.

GOT DANK

Veteran
Thank you Got Dank. Is the first dog you're referring to belgium shepherd? Pits aren't really my style unfortunately. I've not had good experiences with them, and just generally don't care for them much.

no they are relative to them. the new k9 dog. lots of energy tho

Gotcha. Found them on the innerwebs.

They are cool but expensive.

I guess I need two of whatever I decide upon. Damn. Look likes I'll need to trade in my regular cab for an extended, lol. Two dogs can't fit in the front seat!

GOT DANK

Veteran
Gotcha. Found them on the innerwebs.

They are cool but expensive.

I guess I need two of whatever I decide upon. Damn. Look likes I'll need to trade in my regular cab for an extended, lol. Two dogs can't fit in the front seat!

same as shep price. where do you live?

S

stickey fingers

fear the owner not the dog(my dogs a pitbull)

fear the owner not the dog(my dogs a pitbull)

only you know you're own sitation, i will just say haveing mupltile dogs in
a aparment doesn't seem right for you or the dogs, be safe do not live in fear!
if you have ankle bitters, the bark is all you need, how you deal with it, is up to you,
weather you call the cops or punish them youre self?
i personaly would get a home defense shotgun..........anything will be possible :D
don't let a dog suffer beacause youre insucure .
NO FEAR !!! BE SMART!!!
RIP DR JAY

BigDawg

yeah realistically it's best to just use a smaller dog as an alarm, especially in an apartment.

do not use a gun if you do not have a license to grow in a med-state. Best to get another spot to grow if/when you can and live at a different spot.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
generally speaking, if somebody has busted your door in, the party's already over.

even if there's a dozen rabid mastiffs on the other side of that door, when somebody knows enough to break that door down, you've already got a grow you can't continue.

attachment.php

3 razor edge pitbulls here (MINE) and a chiuaha or how the f ever its spelled (WIFES) ....... chiuahua rules the roost and hears everything . 3 pitbulls are just back ups

imo pittys are very territorial when it comes to home ....atleast mine are ....i didnt make them that way they are born with it ... pitbulls are excellent dogs when raised from 6-8wks and showed lots of love and attention. ppl here cross the street when they see our dogs at the gate ....i think im the only house on the block that hasnt been broke into .i wish someone would try to feed these guys and hop a fence i promise u they can faster then u can give it .all of our dogs eat 2 large bowls of dog food a day

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 16

GOT DANK

Veteran
attachment.php

3 razor edge pitbulls here (MINE) and a chiuaha or how the f ever its spelled (WIFES) ....... chiuahua rules the roost and hears everything . 3 pitbulls are just back ups

imo pittys are very territorial when it comes to home ....atleast mine are ....i didnt make them that way they are born with it ... pitbulls are excellent dogs when raised from 6-8wks and showed lots of love and attention

sick dog bro.

Latest posts

Latest posts