What's new

GTA’s Grow Tent Adventures

GrowTheAtlas

First, a little bit about myself. I’ve been growing for 7 years. Mostly outdoor but as of 2 years ago, I tried my hand at indoor and absolutely fell in love with it. Since then, I’ve upgraded my setup from 2 14w led flood lights in a closet to a legit indoor tent setup. I’ve also been lurking in the shadows here and at OG for the entirety of my growing career. I live in an illegal state and I grow for supplemental income. I’ve learned most of what I know from ICMAG and Overgrow and I have the upmost respect for this community.

Now for the meat and potatoes.

This is my very first ever grow journal. In this journal, I plan on documenting my journey to 1lb in a 3x3. The question of genetics is still in the air. I’m thinking Bahama Bussdown from Solfire but if anyone else has any recommendations for a cultivar that finishes quickly, doesn’t stretch to the moon, and yields amazingly, feel free to share your thoughts. All of my clientele like pretty colors and a frosty sheen. Therefor, I have to cater to their taste.

My plan is to run 4 plants in 5 gallon pots in my 3x3. Clone all 4 plants and put them in my TurboKloner and pick the best one out of the bunch for a mono crop next round.

Below are some examples of what I managed to grow with just 2 14w led floodlights in a corner in my closet. The strain is GG#4 x Stardawg. Please excuse the poor picture quality, I had a shitty phone camera at the time.

Attachments

• photo2101439.jpg
    photo2101439.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 35
  • photo2101445.jpg
    photo2101445.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 34
  • photo2101446.jpg
    photo2101446.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2101447.jpg
    photo2101447.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2101448.jpg
    photo2101448.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 37
  • photo2101452.jpg
    photo2101452.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 34

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Welcome to ICMag GTA, 1lb is ambitious, I'll be following along, maybe I'll try it too (next time!)! ;)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm sorry I missed understood, are you growing 4 plants in one 5 gallon bucket or 4 plants in four 5 gallon buckets?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
First, a little bit about myself. I’ve been growing for 7 years. Mostly outdoor but as of 2 years ago, I tried my hand at indoor and absolutely fell in love with it. Since then, I’ve upgraded my setup from 2 14w led flood lights in a closet to a legit indoor tent setup. I’ve also been lurking in the shadows here and at OG for the entirety of my growing career. I live in an illegal state and I grow for supplemental income. I’ve learned most of what I know from ICMAG and Overgrow and I have the upmost respect for this community.

Now for the meat and potatoes.

This is my very first ever grow journal. In this journal, I plan on documenting my journey to 1lb in a 3x3. The question of genetics is still in the air. I’m thinking Bahama Bussdown from Solfire but if anyone else has any recommendations for a cultivar that finishes quickly, doesn’t stretch to the moon, and yields amazingly, feel free to share your thoughts. All of my clientele like pretty colors and a frosty sheen. Therefor, I have to cater to their taste.

My plan is to run 4 plants in 5 gallon pots in my 3x3. Clone all 4 plants and put them in my TurboKloner and pick the best one out of the bunch for a mono crop next round.

Below are some examples of what I managed to grow with just 2 14w led floodlights in a corner in my closet. The strain is GG#4 x Stardawg. Please excuse the poor picture quality, I had a shitty phone camera at the time.

GTA is the name of a seed bank in Ontario Canada. I hope you don't mind me asking those buds look good. Is that some of GTA's gear?

GrowTheAtlas

GTA is the name of a seed bank in Ontario Canada. I hope you don't mind me asking those buds look good. Is that some of GTA's gear?

Nope, actually it’s from a seed company in Brighton Colorado called Greenpoint Seeds. Gu~ is the man who bred those seeds. He used to be held in high regards until he was accused of ripping off Top Dawg because he used a male from a pack of his Stardawg for the majority of his projects. After that, the community kind of turned against him. Also, all his seeds are F1’s which is construed to be that he’s just a pollen chucker without any regards for testing his gear. Which I personally don’t buy into because he has testers. Also, his ethos is that he wants the growers of his gear to find their own keeper instead of growing what he deems to be the appropriate combinations of traits. I’ve never had any problems with GPS but a lot of people turn their nose at his company. Those pictures are the strain “Tomahawk” but I’ve also grown his “Raindance” which is Hells OG x Stardawg. I’m not sure if that strain is even available anymore.

GrowTheAtlas

I’ve decided to go all organic with this grow. I’ve ordered all down to earth dry amendments and coco. I was wondering, since my tap water has chlorine AND chloramine in it, would it be ok to use RO water from the store? I can’t exactly afford an RO system at the moment.

StickyBandit

I’ve decided to go all organic with this grow. I’ve ordered all down to earth dry amendments and coco. I was wondering, since my tap water has chlorine AND chloramine in it, would it be ok to use RO water from the store? I can’t exactly afford an RO system at the moment.

I've heard that aerating or pumping water around in a large open container outside in the sun gets rid of a lot of things like chlorine and iron etc
A fountain does the job well according to a friend who was tasked with purifying a town water supply.
A pool for example needs chlorine adding every couple of days without a cover.
If you can buy RO or distilled water from the store cheap enough that would probably be OK but it sounds expensive and excessive to me :)
I am however not an organic grower so I don't know the rules 😋

GrowTheAtlas

I've heard that aerating or pumping water around in a large open container outside in the sun gets rid of a lot of things like chlorine and iron etc
A fountain does the job well according to a friend who was tasked with purifying a town water supply.
A pool for example needs chlorine adding every couple of days without a cover.
If you can buy RO or distilled water from the store cheap enough that would probably be OK but it sounds expensive and excessive to me :)
I am however not an organic grower so I don't know the rules 😋

Chlorine is relatively easy to get rid of, the thing I’m worried about is chloramine. I’ve gotten rid of it in the past with UV light, such as a black light, but that’s a lot of extra steps. I’ve found that Chrystal Geyser spring water has a ph of 6.8 and it has some trace minerals that would be beneficial in an organic grow. The local grocery store has it for 75¢ a gallon but with my store card I can get it for 50¢. I think I might go that rout.

GrowTheAtlas

So I’ve decided what strain I’m going with. I know Colin doesn’t have a great reputation, but these seeds were on sale on SHN so I figured I’d try it.

Attachments

• photo2114875.jpg
    photo2114875.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 33

GrowTheAtlas

Also instead of using the coco, I found a deal that I just couldn’t pass up. $2.91 for a 1.5 cu ft bag of FFOF so I bought the rest of the pallet. I got 10 bags for $31. Whoever priced it missed a crucial 0. I know, I know, FFOF isn’t what it used to be, but I can obviously make it work. Especially at that price lmao.

Attachments

• photo2114878.jpg
    photo2114878.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 35
  • photo2114879.jpg
    photo2114879.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 36

GrowTheAtlas

End Game RBX The Punchline
Cherry Punch x (Cherry Punch x ETHOS Cookies #16) x ETHOS Cookie #4
I’m not gonna start calling it veg until they grow their first set of true leaves. Honestly I’m pretty excited about this one. There’s not a lot out there on this cultivar so hopefully this diary helps people out to see what to expect.

So basically I just did the old fashioned paper towel method. I put 4 in the paper towel and all 4 popped, so far, 100% germ rate. I planted them in happy frog just to get them started. I mixed 2 cf of happy frog with 3cf of FFOF just to cut down the nutrients. I can always top dress with my Down To Earth organic dry amendments if need be. Grow room conditions are 76 degrees Fahrenheit or 24.4 Celsius. Humidity is 75%. I’ll turn the carbon filter on in about 3 days to get the air exchange going. I still have my 6” fan shipping and by the looks of it, it’ll get here just in time. Til then, burn some and learn sum:joint:

Attachments

• photo2115412.jpg
    photo2115412.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 36

GrowTheAtlas

hey buddy, may i ask how many grams you got from last round?

My last round was done with 2 14w led floodlights from a big box store, not with anything Mars related. But I got 32g from that round. This is my first time ever growing with a Mars light and I’m super excited to see how well it performs. The quality was great with the floodlights but bud density is really where it lacked. If this light can help me hit a pound in a 3x3, you’ll have a customer for life, guaranteed.

“Russian warship, go fuck yourself!!” 🇺🇦

peace- Atlas