What's new

Grows are getting bigger on IC!!

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
When i first came to icmag i saw a few 6kw maybe some 8kw grows going on... now im seeing 10kw-20kw like it aint no thang!!

Fucking love it. by next year i be reading about 50kw grows lol

C

CFL_Grow

Yes, they are !

With MJ in the news so much and so many med states it is main stream now. 10 x 1k ballasts and bulbs can be had for fairly cheap, and for anyone in a house with a basement they are in easy business.

I agree though, i love seeing the big grows !

I

InvisibleEmpire

yeah big grows don't take more skill, they take more time and effort that's all.

thats my first thought...10k & 20k grows....at an average of .5g/watt or at most 1g/watt, that's a minimum of:

10k @ .5g/w: ~11 pounds
10k @ 1g/w: ~22 pounds

20k @ .5g/w: ~22 pounds
20k @ 1g/w: ~44 pounds

if you figure 3 cycles a year, some of these people can be bringing in hundreds of pounds of weed....unless they are licensed in a med state that will most definitely get the attention of the DEA...

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
yeah big grows don't take more skill, they take more time and effort that's all.

thats my first thought...10k & 20k grows....at an average of .5g/watt or at most 1g/watt, that's a minimum of:

if you figure 3 cycles a year, some of these people can be bringing in hundreds of pounds of weed....unless they are licensed in a med state that will most definitely get the attention of the DEA...

It def takes a special someone to take care of a huge garden dont fool yourself.

GoozMan

I like it too, it's inspirational. I'm in an apartment now and grow on my balcony, and I dream about having a garage with a big vertical setup. I'm the type that has a hard time visualizing something until I see someone else do it first. I just read through krunchbubble's new grow and got some new ideas to work with. (thanks icmag!) Bring on the ingenuity people!!!

I

InvisibleEmpire

Exactly, it's not quite as simple as throwin' up a few lights and having dank 4-5 months later.

If it was that easy, everyone would do it.

Of course not, but it also doesn't take 4 years of school and a bachelor's to know how to setup a bigger room...for soil grows at least...when you start getting into advanced techniques is when things get a bit tough or if you go hydro, but all in all if I had the space, money and room I'd have a 4-8kw grow no doubt...but with doing so you gotta consider co2 supplements, air exchange, smell control on a much larger scale etc etc etc

I love that thread where the guy from Russia buried old school rail transport carriers in the ground and converted to a grow op. An underground bunker with 50kw on generators would be so sick...

See I want to smoke weed but I don't need to be shining that hard. Some people, that's what they want in life, so it's a given to them to go that hard and strong. Still bad ass and would be a dream to be the caretaker.

:)

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
only till we draw enough negative attention to the site and the cops go to work, or shut the site down. :(

It's not going to happen being that the site is housed in a place where marijuana is not illegal like it is in North America.

jd4083

Veteran

Spoken like someone who has never managed a large operation...lol...

HempKat

Veteran
Where are the servers hosted that marijuana is not illegal?

I didn't say they were hosted where marijuana wasn't illegal, I said where it's not illegal like it is in North America. As I understand it IC Mag's servers are in the Netherlands. In the Netherlands while marijuana is still considered illegal in some ways it is not illegal like it is in North America. Meaning they would not be inclined to take down servers just because they have people talking about actually growing marijuana and showing pictures of it.

jd4083

Veteran
I didn't say they were hosted where marijuana wasn't illegal, I said where it's not illegal like it is in North America. As I understand it IC Mag's servers are in the Netherlands. In the Netherlands while marijuana is still considered illegal in some ways it is not illegal like it is in North America. Meaning they would not be inclined to take down servers just because they have people talking about actually growing marijuana and showing pictures of it.

Wasn't OG hosted from a server in the Netherlands?

HempKat

Veteran
Wasn't OG hosted from a server in the Netherlands?

Not to my understanding, as I heard it RC had it hosted in Canada with a portion of it actually hosted at his place of business, which also was in Canada. There was talk I think of moving the OG servers to there that never materialized.

O

OrganicOzarks

Its nice to see the bigger grows. They have always been there, but I feel people are just starting to get more comfortable with showing them. Regardless, I am glad to see them when I can.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran

I could have sworn Gypsy made mention of the servers being on the Pegasus satellite orbiting about Orion?

;)

jd4083

Veteran
Not to my understanding, as I heard it RC had it hosted in Canada with a portion of it actually hosted at his place of business, which also was in Canada. There was talk I think of moving the OG servers to there that never materialized.

Too bad huh?

Either way, it astounds me that people (even those who live in "legal" states) post photos of larger commercial grows....there's a point where you can get a little too comfortable....

McDank8O5

Not just the indoor guys with big grows blowing up, the outdoor guys have been coming out of the woods with their multi-dozen 10+ lb a plant gardens as well