What's new

Growing with RO water

OPT

Ya, after my tap water (which reads 450+) goes though my small boy RO system it hits at around 6-8 ppm.

After adding H&G coco A and B at around 7ml to the gallon and let it sit, the PH is still way low around 4.7....all it takes is 1.5 ml of PH up to bring it up to the perfect range of 5.5 - 5.9, ever since i've started using all R0 water, i've had zero problems with my plants.

OPT

OPT

Then again, I do add some things to the water after the PH is correct. Basically the whole H&G lineup (amino treatment, roots excel, multi zen, drip clean) which may be a good reason why I havent had any cal or mag issues. All those add ons only seem to help me, and I can say that so far, I absolutely love the house and garden lineup.

OPT

To suppliment my earlier brief post....yes I use RO water and have for a few years now.

Before I did my .5-.6EC water was the main limiting factor in my garden and my finished product. There is no question about that. Once I got used to the lack of ph, my yeilds and qauality improved right away, even when I had a few cal-mag issues with luckas 6/9. The $200 RO system I got has been faithfully turning that into 0 water for 3 years now. I really oughta replace the filters or simpler just pluck down $200 for another one. I don't notice any significant increase in my water bill. I don't see how that's a waste....

And yes, the whole H+G lineup worked great with RO. I only switched to Maxibloom for simplicity sake....