What's new

Diary Growing with Phlizon - Wakeford in Coco

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
This grow is not going well overall. I have plants at 3 different stages of development and I don’t have the mental energy to deal with them right now so I am just growing the damn things.

Spending time in the K Wing - yeah, the cancer wing – holding my wife’s hand while she gets chemo – and surrounded by a whole assortment of people getting the same – tends to make the small things seem pretty inconsequential. And growing pot is a small thing right now.

Anyways . . . they didn’t like that 100% light – the leaves screamed deficiency - so I scaled it back to about 70% and started some PK 13/14. They stabilized and they are chunking up nicely with lemon-pine smell when you attack a flower. It is looking like it might be an 8 week flower finish . . . :rasta:

Note: The light is performing very well here . . . the grower is not.

wk12-end.jpg

midwestkid

Veteran
sorry to hear about the cancer. i hope it all goes well.
as for the plants - theyre looking pretty dang good for being the test dummies.
i scorched some seedlings this spring as i attempted to dial in a LED. powerful lights for sure

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Getting close . . .

The end of week 7. Two different phenos – the one at the back is taller with larger node spread and it has a fruity orange citrus smell while the smaller 2 front plants have less fruit with a slight souring or almost rotting smell mixed in. ec 0.4 pH around 6.0. I am still adding Boost but only a trace of cal/mag now & I will cut that as week 8 starts. The Phlizon light fixture is still set at 70% which seems to suit the plants.

all-plants-endwk7.jpg

wk7-end-star.jpg

I Care

That stuff on the right going to smoke good in a well seasoned threaded metal pipe. Looks like something extra special

Edit: can you post more pics of that one?

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
That stuff on the right going to smoke good in a well seasoned threaded metal pipe. Looks like something extra special

Edit: can you post more pics of that one?

It is the smallest plant. I have it on a 7" riser so it matched the height of the other smaller one. Very muted scent but rock hard buds throughout.

runt-endwk7.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
The grow is done. Cut, dried, jarred and curing.

And despite the inattentive grower and the associated erratic environmental issues that that created, I am very happy with the 10 oz that I can now add to my stock. After a cure, I will undoubtedly do a hash run with some of the bud and the bin of HQ trim that I have.

So I ended up with 2 phenos – as promised in the description. The larger plant has a rotting fruit – gassy smell - while the 2 smaller plants are all burnt rubber chem. I will sample them 90 days from now when the cure ends. Here's a phone pic of a bud . . .

dried-bud.jpg

And my Conclusion on the Phlizon FD6500 Grow light? @PhlizonGrowLight

It is a well-made and easy to use grow light. Like any grow light, there is a learning curve to get the best results but as I have proven, just plug it in and dial it in by the seat of your pants and you can get great results. It was Hot Damn! powerful for my 4 x 4 grow tent. I am sure that even their smaller HD4500 would have worked well but . . . of course . . . I wanted a flamer to grow Sats under an artificial sun y’know? But the flipside of this intensity is the ability to fry your plants – especially when they are young and tender. So dial it back and raise it up – in fact I found it best to run this light high through the whole grow. Since the driver is attached, heat can be an issue at higher light settings as well, but my fan-forced intake help keep it nicely in the 20s.

Anyways . . . it is a very good light and certainly a great value. I was happily impressed!