What's new

Growing Outdoors

Morganic

Whats up lads and ladettes;) Some of you might burst into laughter here but i was thinking about trying and outdoor grow in Ireland. Do you think id be wasting my time? Ive been told that if i got the right strain it could be possible but the yield might suffer. Whats your 2cents? I have no experience in outdoor grows and havnt done a lot of research on it so if there's anyone in the know post below. Thanx

Mo

G

you have no experience and havent done much reasearch? Don't bother you'll waste your time.

Growing this plant takes alot of preperation work and care. Its not something you just stick in the ground and come back after the season and harvest.

My advise is do your reasearch learn about the plant and what it needs and read some peoples outdoor threads and learn. You can grow this plant anywhere especially ireland......you just need the know-how to pull it off.

Nothing comes easy.........especially sweet fluffy green buds!

Grow On Brother!

Sharp_Pain

If farmers can grow corn in your area (that takes 90 days) you can grow herb. Where I live. it would be futile to properly finish most sativas. I need shorter finishing strains (indicas).

I learn from doing, by making mistakes. Give it a shot. Sharp Pain is correct, but even a failed crop will give you knowledge. You will be better prepared for your next try.

Most of the shorter flowering varieties are alreadt sold out.

Morganic

Maybe i should have said i hadn't done much research YET. Im also aware that this beautiful plant needs a lot of care and attention, ive been growing it since i was 18yrs old.

Quote: "Nothing comes easy.....especially fluffy green buds"
I didnt say anything about getting things easy, im aware that its a full time job.

Apologies if im a bit snappy today but i thought that post was slightly neagative

Peace

Mo

Morganic

Thank you Captain, thats wat i needed. I posted it in the Eire section instead of Outdoor because i didnt think it was possible and wanted to hear from the Irish peeps.

Thanx

Mo

ken

you probably want an early finishing, mould resistant, sativa dom hybrid.

KC33 could be worth a try.

i think the biggest problem in ireland could be a wet late summer/ autumn causing budrot.

people grow outside in the rest of the uk, even scotland, with early finishing strains, but it'll be even more important for u to find a mould resistant strain.

and, no, cpt, they dont grow corn in the uk & ireland.

Last edited:
G

Morganic - My apology if I came off as negative.

The "I haven't done alot of reasearch" statement made me assume you were new to growing and one of these guys that thinks he can just drop some seeds in dirt and he'll get dank buds that he wont have to buy.

Grab some NL#5 they nice mold resistant and give you a nice yeild.

U

Uncle Hughie

Hey Hi all......................Outside grow...yep ..
i want to take pics ;)

TRY MAGUS GENETICS

"Biddy Early is our first outdoor variety, but in our opinion already one of the best ever. It will grow out to a classical Sativa Xmas tree with a height of approximately 1.8 to 2 meters. Because of its early flowering and maturation, it's very well suited for open field cultivation in Holland, and area's with a similar climate. Of course it's also possible to grow the Biddy Early with great results indoors under lights, but remaining mothers in a vegetative stage for a prolonged period, can be difficult, and in some cases even impossible. The majority of the plants will form red and purple colours if exposed to low temperatures, yet with some variation in the location and intensity of the discoloration. It has a sweet candy aroma and a powerful high, not recommended as a "day-time smoke", but still mild enough not to be considered a "party killer".

theres a Bar in IRELAND called Biddy Earlys!

Peace!

Morganic

Sharp_Pain: No probs, i was in a bit of a mood yesterday. Custody battle looming im afraid. You wouldnt Know who stocks the NL#5 as i can only find sensi's variety croosed with haze. Thanx for the info.

Anyway, i was speaking to a friend yesterday who has a massive secluded back garden(im not going gerilla style yet) so he might be the man for plan. Hes a stand up guy

Ive heard a lot of good things about magnus.gen Unc. they look spot on and not too expensive either, Ive already got some kc33s from a previous grow so il try them to. Im not expecting much as it took me a few years to get the hang of indoor gardening(still learning) but il give it a good go.

Peace

Mo

JohnnyJ

"Growing this plant takes alot of preperation work and care. Its not something you just stick in the ground and come back after the season and harvest."
It's one of the most prolific weeds in the world dude!
It's not as hard as you make out.

Captain, your sig is cool and it fits well in this context!
I've never ordered from emery; I've heard enough to put me off. Like for instance his nickname Mr Birdseed...
:D
Someone said use sativa dominant plants...:confused: Sativas are native to tropical regions and require lots of light and a very long growing season, go for some early flowering indica.
Hope this helps (I also hope I didn't piss anyone off too much on my second post...)
JohnnyJ

Last edited:
U

Uncle Hughie

Sativas.......

Sativas.......

Sativas are well worth the wait......
Some dudes go out and buy Haze or somethin sativa dominated and think itll finish quick...no no ..this aint the case...
a good Haze takes 116days or more.....

good sativas ...hmmmm some colombian i know..wont do til day 120..
the choice is yours bro....
but get them out there soon!

Peace!

Morganic

Im going with the biddy early and a few f2 kc33s for a trial. How big do you reckon i should let them get before moving them outside. Im raggin:mad: have you seen this weeks weather, they would have got off to a good start if i had been on the ball. Ah well next year im gonna try and get a poly tunnel on the go, iv heard of people having plants out since feb. in them.

Mo

Sir Skunk-A-Lot

I grew white widow and cali-orange outside last year. The good thing about growing outdoors in Ireland is you never have to water your plants. becuase it rains a least once a week. I started them inside and then move them outdoors after about 4 weeks at the start of may.

U

Uncle Hughie

Hey MORGANIC....

IF YOU AINT GOING TO SEX THEM ...

Just put them into the biggest pot you have .........then after ..., i'd say 5 weeks vegging from seed should do it...but if you are sexing em first then give a week or so ..extra...some show later ...
But you will see the males making a mad dash for the light..

so the biggest POT U CAN...THEN when u put it out to flower...

Double pot it ...like Bog does..

SET THE POT ONTO ANOTHER POT WITH SOME FERTS IN IT...THE ROOTS WILL GROW THROUGH THE HOLES AT THE BOTTOM AND DOUBLE THE ROOT SPACE!

Peace!
Unc!

Hey Morganic-

Attitude is everything!! My best personal success's have come from wanting to accomplish something. Part of that process involves making mistakes and sometimes failure. Learning results from that process, what not to do is as important as what to do.

Be advised that this forum has many people who are extremely intense, experienced expert growers. Never be afraid to ask questions.

My advice is to be patient. If you begin this endevour, you may do it for the rest of your life. Next year, or the year after that, you will be giving advice to someone who is in your situation.

It is way too early here to plant outdoors. Over the next 4 weeks, I will have planted my outdoor crop. My first modest attempt at an outdoor grow in 30 years. Good genetics and well rooted clones. JUST DO IT !!!!

Morganic

Thanx everyone for all the feed back and advice. The place i'll be using is perfect, totally secluded. Its a pretty big area but the best place to catch the sun was on a hill, not that steep. Do you reckon it would be suitable. If i do plant them on the hill its not going to be possible to put them in pots, what do ya think? Im going to veg them for4-5weeks indoors them move them outdoors so its time to start. Il let you know how its going

Mo

U

Uncle Hughie

Will you be preparing the Area..?
i mean ...have you checked the soil ..and the drainage..?

make sure you put chicken wire around them so as the rabbits dont eat them ...itll give them a chance to get started ....#

Look at the whole Picture....

Peace!

Morganic

The soils ok hughie, not the best, thats why im thinking big pots. On a different note, if anybodys interested in a WW or NL clone in about a month let me know. Iv never tried sending them before but if u have a stealth idea and a safe addy go for it. The NL is Nirvana unfortunately, a bit leggy but its fast flowering(40-50days) and the nugs are coated so it would do for a change. Next time its Wrussian and bogglegum:D

Mo