What's new

Growing outdoors on the adriatic coast -need advice

D

dissident

I am going to do an outdoor grow this summer, and I need all the advice I can get from you experienced guerilla warriors.

When is the ideal date of planting? I will be using clones. How big should they be?

I appreciate all the advice I get, people.

Hvala!

weedster

if u won't be able to wather them often, then u should make a very good soil mix and dig a deep hole that the roots may be easier to find water. if u will use clones then u should plant in early or in middle of may.

D

dissident

Thanks weedster. Good to know when I should plant them...

How often do you water your plants? How long do you think I could let them be without water?

weedster

if u make nice hole and it's raining ocassionally u don't have to water them at all, maybe when is a drought a week or two then u should water them. just my 2cents ;D

lasko

In adriatic coast be prepared to water them in summer, but biggest problem are sheeps :D they eat everything. use agrogel for water problems, but how much depend on size of hole.

D

dissident

I'm thinking of making holes approximately 20liters big, filled with compost and agrogel as you say. How much agrogel would you recommend me to mix in?

As far as I know there is basically NO rain on the coast during the summers. So I will have to manually water... the question is how often... I hope no more than every 14th day.

IndianHay

The deeper hole the better. You should add some moisture keeper on the ground level. weedster tebe pa poznam še iz enga drugega foruma :D

lasko

Dissident depends where in croatian coast. In Istra there is a lot more rain than on Mljet :D
Agrogel - moisture keeper - add like 2-3 spons per hole. Make holes deep not wide, but you will have problems with rocks, so be prepared :D And wont plant to near to see, salt air its not good

samo da se puši :D

krk

I would pick a heat resistant strain...Look for a place where there is no sheep shit...On the big island there is places to get away from them...Be prepared to water if it gets above 35. Plants will weep over....krk

al3ck

kjesi kolega...kj tui ti iz obale a...:D....tko je zdei....če maš semena si zdaj že malo pozen...daja se jih kalit tko na pou aprila....ma tui če jih zdei np bojo pač manši vrhi....mej jih za nekaj časa doma če lahko...ker zdej je še malo mrzlo...če ni možnosti pa jebiga....drugače....za zemljo nardiš mix perlita humusa in navadne črne zemlje....in jih posadiš nekam kjer je sončno...in skrito da ti jih kdo ne najde...mix zemlje ki jaz uporablajm je....u liter navadne črne zemlje dam pou litra humusa....in en kozarček od deci perlita....vse to bi mogu dobit v obi-ju...zemje nesmeš potrpat...mora bit zračna...za zalivanje pa uporabljaš za začetek šprico kot za čistila...in pazi da ne poliješ po listih...ker lahko kapljica deluje kot leča in tako zakuri sonce list....za gnojilo ti priporočam bio....daj kakšen kravji gnoj...in tudi dobi kake morske alge jih posti malo da se napou posušijo in jih samo malo natrgaj in dej na zemljo okoli tvojih rastlinc...

krk

watch out there going to get ya...:joint:

Attachments

• nadia winter Jan. 2009 259.jpg
    nadia winter Jan. 2009 259.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 40