What's new

Growing on 20 years now :)

Bunz

My first grow was in 92................bag seed under (2) 4' 40 watt floros. Think I got about a 1/2 oz and thought I was king shit. Did a few outdoor grows over the years, read books by Ed, Jorge and Kyle and learned a bunch. Then came 99 & I discovered Overgrow. Learned more in the first 2 months there then I had learned in the 7 years prior. Other then a 5 year "vacation" between 04-09, I've been rocking ever since!!!

Bunz :D

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Nice thread, this got me thinking about how long I have been growing and I realized I have been growing in Hydro for almost exactly 20 years... Two years of soil grows before that..

Happy 20th Brother Bear!!

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I built a heavily insulated room in my attic the winter of 1982-83 and started using mail-order flood & drain tubs under some salvaged industrial low-bay HPS lighting. Later switched to MH because I hated the way the plants looked under HPS, and went to 5 gallon buckets of dirt because I kept screwing up the hydro nutes (crystals!), and had more motivation after blowing off a hose and ruining my dining room ceiling. I took many years off starting before the kids got big enough to wonder what was going on, and got back into it after discovering the plethora of information available on the internet.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dropped my first seed in the grate outdoors about 30 years ago. Colombian Gold it was. Moved indoors almost 3 years ago. Should have stayed indoors completely :wallbash:

Mister_D

Veteran
Dropped my first seeds eleven years ago. Took two tries before I got a harvest. Found overgrow and the rest is history. Congrats to brother bear and all my fellow growers, no matter how many years, weeks or days you've been at it.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Shit. Reading this thread makes me feel old.
Almost 35 years outside.
Only 6-7 years inside.

Congrats, Brother Bear !

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This next spliff is for you guys :friends: Grow on my friends !!

WEED_012.jpg

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
Congrats Bro Bear..been about that long for me as well...found og about 8 yrs. ago and read the bubbling bucket dwc thread and indoors ever since..the great outdoors is too dangerous these days..

supermanlives

Veteran
i have lost count. about 25 years maybe 30. started with floro shop lights and outdoor growing. didnt know about seperating males and having strains that would finish outdoors. back then i was on 150acres

Herbophile

My first attempt was in 97 with a photo-tron in a trailer house closet. My roommate forgot to water them when I was on vacation and I came back to dead plants. I don't know why but I didn't try again until 2006 and I found I had a natural green thumb and I've been banging out crops ever since.

Latest posts

Latest posts