What's new

Growing Inside A Speaker 101!! earluwonder skunk & Big Bud.

i totally know what you mean, i cant stand not know what my PH is, and i have no clue what it is unfortunatly :( i know my waters ph is around 6.5 but i add kelp boost, and fish fertilizer at 5-1-1, i think the kelp boost boosts potassium, so this should be a good balance? im thinking i should start adding more flower nutrients because they seem to be wanting to go into flower, although they are both still very small, ill just keep up this regime and hope they enjoy it.

another thing is that i always have purple stems, and im not sure what this means! ive seen some other EWS plants, and they had normal green stalks, so i dont think its a trait, and i have it on both of my plants, and they are both in different grow boxes, so im thinking this MUST be a defiency?

also bloodlock, i love how your 125W cfl's are hooked up? what are the dimensions? i wanna fit a big movable reflector in my new cab, its 14x14 base, and i cant find any prebuilt ones that will fit, except maybe some pl-l's, which i dont really want to ship to my place.

what can i do for lighting??

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
hey bro!
purple stems can mean nute burn, type of strain etc..you should check pics of nute burn in plants..excess nitrogen can cause that as can excess potassium..you need to remember your plants are small so they don't need much food..
a ph tester is a must buddy..you can, for now, get one of those liquid testers for cheap at a hydro store..the good one(ph testers, ppm etc)run around 150-300 bucks...
looking great nontheless my friend..
take care and keep up the great work

so are you saying i should just feed them water for a bit man? im thinking that might be best if its looking like an overdose, im starting too see some nute burns on the leaves too i believe, i guess ill have to pull back.

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Hi christoph, I've had purple stems on a lot of my plants with no problem but like BC said for me I think it's just the strain I have. If you have nutrient burn and it's progressing you can leach out the soil by flushing out the plants. if your pots aren't very big use a gallon of water for each pot. I had to do that in the last grow when I a nutrient malfunction and burned the girls. They recovered but were dwarfed because of it. You'll be OK, your doing good.

bloodlock

Hi Christoph!

Did a search for CFL reflectors and didnt find any that would fit in your cab unfortunately.... Maybe you can make your own with some beercans or something?

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey christoph!! Don't get too worried though..3 times the amount of water to soil will help lots...plus you should search out pics of your plants to see if its just the strain..my TW had purple stems too..
I made a cfl reflector quite easily..do you want to see pics? I used the metal for vents in houses..worked quite well..
you are doing great my friend

thanks for the advice guys, ill probubly flush her tonight then, ill see how she is doing then.

how could i make these reflectors? ide rather buy a premade one, i saw something on a security, 200 something watt light at canadian tire? could this work?

well last night i topped up her res with some 20-20-20 plantprod fertz from canadian tire. i forgot to mention because earlier i was pretty stoned :)

master kush is dank.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Looking good christoph. About the smell of the nutes, I added an em based product, it stands for effective micro-organisms and they really are effective indeed. They are very good at removing smells, someone on here even got rid of cat piss smells with it. I would always leave my runoff sitting around for days and it would REAK with all the seaweed, fish, etc, but when I started adding EM, no smells at all, even after letting it sit for days. It's very good for plants too - it's like beneficial bacteria kind of thing.

Edit: also, your louvre thing is going to have to be much much bigger. The size requirements are covered in great detail in the louvre thread.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
A progressive hydro store may sell EM1, otherwise google it.

You want the ballasts to say 2x24 because you want them to run 2x24...

Just get a suitable workhorse. Most people here use WH's.

alright thanks alot scrubs, ur a huge help.

unfortunatly im unsure if 1000bulb will ship to canada unless i give them a call, ill surf around a bit, and if all eles fails ill go to 1000bulb.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ScrubNinja again."

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
hey bro!1 1000 bulbs does'nt ship to Canada..already tried before..sucks ...I do know a few stores that do at better deals..pm me and I'll give them to ya...
looking great my friend

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
For those who couldn't see the poster. Here is part of the article about it."Why Moms Want Marijuana Legalized"

A mother’s wish is for her child or children to grow up and be able to make responsible decisions about their friendships, their education and especially their safety. It is socially acceptable for parents, alcohol distributors, and even the government to teach children about safe drinking practices with a full understanding that alcohol is directly responsible for thousands of deaths every year. On college campuses, where binge drinking runs rampant, alcohol abuse has resulted in thousands of students suffering from alcohol poisoning, sexual assault, or serious injury. No parent wants to see his or her child become a statistic and many mothers have openly stated that they would rather their adult children choose marijuana over alcohol.

The physical and behavioral effects of marijuana are significantly less damaging than those associated with alcohol. However the criminal prohibition of marijuana sends the message that "marijuana is morally wrong" and implies that there is no such thing as a responsible marijuana consumer. Yet, just like with alcohol, all use of marijuana is NOT abuse.
Society condones the responsible use of alcohol consumption, yet drinking causes far more harm to the user, and to society than does the use of marijuana. Liquor companies, Federal, State and local governments dedicate millions of dollars every year toward promoting responsible drinking practices. For example,Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Inc.has an entire website, called “Drink Smart,” dedicated to promoting principles of control, moderation, and education. Nevertheless, their 'Statement of Principles' emphasizes that, “moderate alcohol consumption can be compatible with a healthy lifestyle.” The same philosophy should be applied to marijuana.

Mothers from all over the country (both consumers and abstainers) are fed up with the outdated, unjust consequences of marijuana prohibition. Their unique experiences with marijuana and the current marijuana laws are diverse and wide-ranging. Some have had their families destroyed. Some have found life-changing relief from medical marijuana, as well as freedom from pharmaceutical narcotics. Some believe that prohibition improperly allows the government to interfere in the parent's job of teaching their kids about moderation and responsibility. They understand that marijuana prohibition breeds disrespect for the law and government, just as it did during America's failed prohibition of alcohol. Others would simply prefer their children be allowed to legally choose a safer alternative to alcohol.