What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing in rentals

B

BasementGrower

:tumbleweed:so my landlord come over and says u was a 100 short on your rent that puts up a red flag i told him next mouth ill give u 150 more he said cool then he says i need to check out the fiters out :tumbleweed:fuck fuck fuck im thinking so fuck it we go in the masment where pvc pipe is comeing out of my room hes like whats behind this big black wall i look at him and say well lets get this out way i pull back the black tarp open the door took him in he looked at me funny and said u made this i said yep he said wtf it it look like something out of a et movie he said what is it. theres bud every where lmfao he dont no about weed so im like its med weed for my patients hes like your a docter wow no i grow med weed for sick people hes like o i said each plant is two mouths rent ill all ways pay he said never b late agen. man it was my frist run i set all my shit up then ran out of money whit big buds every where no money for the light bill shit there was times i didn eat for 3 days i was so fucked up over how much it cost to get started but i made it :) SO PAY YOUR RENT ON TIME. HAVE A GOOD ONE

ya well ur a lucky fuck.. because that was a stupid move haha.. id be scared that he would have some1 rob u .. then kick u out for non payment. !!!... i really hope that he doesnt have a big mouth.. thats scary..

If anyone is interested in buying a home with no money down , look into something called a USDA rural development loan.

they'll give you a 3.5% interest rate and no money down, the only catch is that you have to buy a home in a city that has less than 200,000 people living in it.

O

OKD

Interesting thread....I'm of the opinion 'grow the shit'! Where there's a will there's a way :)

monsterbuds

Hes cool and if he told somebody to rob me good there get choped in helf and i live right across from the street from the police station I'll drag them over there and b like here u go

E

EShred

Find a cool landlord (not a management company). Be upfront, tell them what you want to do. If they say no, offer them more money than they are asking. Money talks. If they stills say no, fuck em, on to the next one.

A

Alone

I have a landlord that goes away for half the year every year. When they are back, they dont even knock on my door to leave a letter or whatever.
My downstairs neighbor is cool and smokes herself. She even gives me half-joints of Mass Super Skunk her friend grows and smokes with her. Leaves the rest of the joint when their done and then she gives it to me. TYVM!

Last summer I had 2 BCBD Purps that were 8 feet tall in May. LOL I vegged them indoors for 6 months before putting them outback. I told my neighbor about it and asked her to keep an eye out for heli's, kids, other neighbors, landlord, whatever.
I water my plants 1 morning and the next day she tells me someone was walking around back there and it def wasnt me! I panicked and instantly cut down 2 humongous Purps and 2 medium sized Sweetn'Sour Blueberry plants.

A few days later she sees me with my hat on and tells me it was ME she saw back there.
After I asked her a bazillion q's to make absolutely damn sure it wasnt me out there in the woods. But sadly it was. Atleast 3lbs down the drain for nothin'.

This year however Im doing a few autos. Im gonna try my luck again. 12 autos and 2 big Critical+ mother plants that will go until mid september. The autos will be ready at the end of July. They stay short so I will give it another go, but this time Im not listening to her. LOL. These are a scratch on the surface about the downfalls of rentals.
Plus...if the OD plants are found its a target to my indoor stuff.
Thats a huge risk and why I wigged and took evasive action within minutes of questioning her. I dont care about them busting me with a small grow. Thats nothing. Ill get a 500 dollar fine and possible 6 months probation at most. I dont want to loose the genetics!!! Thats the biggest fear I have. I have some irreplaceable genetics in my stock pile.
Once lost, theres no getting them back. Plus all the equipment they would trash. That shit adds up.
But needless to say....growing a small op in rentals has kept me from becoming homeless again, in a shitty economy where your a slave to your shitty paycheck, just to pay for the things you need to work, to be a slave to work. LOL .And, on top of that, living paycheck to paycheck is so on a thin line to loosing everything, that it makes perfect sense to grow a little bit to supplement your income while you work so you dont get so depressed you blow your brains out or rob a bank or something stupid. Basically, "going off the deep end".

It provides some stability. As long as you got the smell and sound covered. Your good.
The rental spot is the key to success. I turned down 6 before I found "The 1".
Dont be scared. Be smart. Be safe. A small grow is hardly a slap on the wrist if you got caught by the DEA.
I say to anyone whos paranoia has stopped them, but they are single/or a couple and live alone with no kids to go for it.
Theres nothing more American and Godly than growing the good Lords green medicine made perfectly for us to use, to supplement ones income and to enjoy the fruits of ones own labor.

Auspex99

You seemed to have shaken yourself, guess those half joints were stronger than you expected.

In IL, looking for a guy, can someone PM me if interested - experienced in horticulture but could learn more for sure.

S

Slip Kid

The best thing you can do is be the most incredible tenant possible.Always fix everything yourself, always pay on the day the rent is due and never cause any trouble of any kind.Most owners are not going to be too happy to have growers renting their places, we all know what we can do to a spot if we aren't carefull like using an upstairs closet and having a leak in your pond liner etc. Make it easy on the landlord, I know people might complain about having to fix their own hot water or pump the septic but all that maintenance is worth it and you'll have a great spot and a landlord that loves you.
A crummy landlord you can't do anything about, some are just a huge pain no matter what you do.I've been on both sides and being a superstar tenant is the most important thing, don't ever complain about something, fix it.:)

Latest posts

Latest posts