What's new

Growing in Ireland

merkaba

What are the state of affairs in Ireland in regards to growing larger amounts of herb? What are the penalties like, should you get caught? Are there heavy mafia issues to deal with?

merkaba

What is the real social atmosphere around it? Are there more liberal areas of the country to be?

B

BOSCO

Personal grows

Under the Misuse of Drugs Acts anyone found in possession of cannabis or cannabis resin is guilty of an offence. If the court decides that the drug was for personal use and not for sale or distribution and this was a first offence, it can impose a fine not exceeding €381 on summary conviction in a District Court. On conviction on indictment, the defendant can be fined €635. For a second offence, a fine not exceeding €508 may be imposed and on conviction on indictment, a fine of €1,270 can be imposed. For a third or subsequent conviction, a fine not exceeding €1,270 can be imposed. If the court decides, a prison sentence of not more than 12 months can be imposed as well. On conviction on indictment, the court may decide on an appropriate fine and/or a prison sentence of up to three years can be imposed.

Profit grows

Under the legislation, it is an offence to be in possession of a controlled drug with the intention of selling it illegally. Anyone found guilty of this offence can be fined up to €1,270 on summary conviction in a District Court. If the court decides, he or she could be subject to a fine and a prison term not exceeding 12 months. On conviction on indictment for this offence, the court can decide on an appropriate fine. The court can also impose a life sentence for this offence if it decides it is necessary. However, lesser sentences can also be imposed, either with a fine or alone.

Where the market value of the drugs is €13,000 or more, the person convicted is liable for a minimum sentence of 10 years. This does not apply, however, where the court is satisfied there are exceptional circumstances. Similar penalties apply to somone convicted of importing drugs with a value of €13,000 or more.

Not so much "mafia" but most large cities have criminal gangs and paramilitary gangs, these are people that are best avoided at all costs.

Attitudes towards cannabis in Ireland among the general population are pretty easy going in most places.

T

tonto

Where the market value of the drugs is €13,000 or more, the person convicted is liable for a minimum sentence of 10 years.

fuuuuuuuu

surprised_guy.jpg

PThe court can also impose a life sentence for this offence if it decides it is necessary.

i thought the absolute max was 20? wasnt there that case with the hash smuggler who got sentenced to 30 but then moved down to 20?

Last edited:

Ironeek

Ireland remains one of the best countries in all of the the E.U. for illegal medium/ large scale cultivation. Cannabis Culture is thriving and ignorance and corruption is rife among Gardai.
Looking at the draconian sentences mentioned above it seems terrifying and an unlikely place for sure but its virtually impossible to get caught if careful. Especially compared to the Netherlands Germany and France. There is very good reason why the Russian mafia and Asians are moving in in droves setting up large grow op’s.

Ironeek

Are there more liberal areas of the country to be?....Yes and no but Cork City is the cannabis capital of the country. Dubs might have issue with this. Bio reign’s supreme in the south and south west . commercial shit bleeds through Dublin and from there infects the rest of the country.

chrondon

Have seen that the avererage value of a plant to the gardai is 400eur.That means any more than 32 plants (roughly 13000-eur worth) will mean dealing or commercial cultivation time.Of course varies greatly from county/guard etc.Have even heard of a young lad who was ratted on by his father have a few plants go missing on the way to the station(sound garda ha)

ResinKing

Have seen that the avererage value of a plant to the gardai is 400eur.That means any more than 32 plants (roughly 13000-eur worth) will mean dealing or commercial cultivation time.Of course varies greatly from county/guard etc.Have even heard of a young lad who was ratted on by his father have a few plants go missing on the way to the station(sound garda ha)

huh :chin:

Sweetbudz

For example, if I have 30 plants, which is under €13,000. Does that mean then I will be done for personal supply only?

For example, if I have 30 plants, which is under €13,000. Does that mean then I will be done for personal supply only?

Scales, baggies, pre weighed amounts, large amounts of money and things like that is what'll get u convicted of intent to sell. Stay away from that and u should be good. Will also depend on level of maturity of the plants, and will also vary judge to judge....

Last edited:

merkaba

So, do you guys have the same protection from illegal search and seizure? The need for probable cause and warrants to search a home? Or can it just be someone thinks you are up to something and they can get a warrant? Is there a market for herb over the hash you guys love so much?

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Are you planning on getting busted lol? You'll be fine mate, just keep yourself to yourself and you wont have to worry about the law...

Irish Mafia? :bigeye: :bigeye: :bigeye:

So, do you guys have the same protection from illegal search and seizure? The need for probable cause and warrants to search a home? Or can it just be someone thinks you are up to something and they can get a warrant?

We do, and we dont, the laws are there but basically guards can do whatever they please, same as in other countries.

Is there a market for herb over the hash you guys love so much?

By the general consumer market id imagine hash is hated. Herb is always preferred, but thatd be because we basically have no market for proper hash, there are bits of "polm" or "paki black" etc floatin about the place, but they're pale shades of what hash really should be and are best avoided in my opinion unless youve got a great connection.

There is a massive market for herb, and prices are high, particularly when quality comes into play.

QUESTION I am irish but i have not lived there in 12 years i spoke with a friend by phone and he told me a good quality weed sells for 100euros a quarter is this true????????

depending where around the country u are that can be a good price or a bad 1 .... generally it being good.

Most dealers underweigh their bags, so while the above is probably the normal price theorhetically, in practice it is often times less. I've recently heard of prices in some parts getting to 2 - 2.5 grams for €50, and this becoming the norm, which is utterly outrageous!!!

Having said that i also know some people who sell for 35 or 40 an 1/8th for some of the finest ganja grown on our fair aisles, so its really about who u know. And if u know no1 expect shit weed at extremely shit prices

Best solution is grow your own over here, that way you'll be supplying yourself and over time u'l build up connections to where you can trade bud etc. The "clone scene" is abismal in ireland