What's new

Growing citrus trees/herbs indoors?

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
kumquats are small, and they are a good container citrus, but indoors i dont know

I'm growing a seedling of a mini honey Tangerine under lights but I'll probably replace it with something that will produce fruit someday (something miniature). A lot of seedlings can take ages to produce fruit and then the fruit may not be very palatable.
Jake

i love honey tangerines! i just planted 10 seeds from a fruit that i thought was delicious

p.s citrus come true from seed i think 85% of the time. so if you find one you like, plant the seeds from it!

ehonda187

Was walking through Lowe's today and stumbled upon some assorted citrus trees for sale for 20 bux a pop. They are in the garden area and they had a nice little selection of different species....lemons, limes, blood oranges etc....Good luck on your finds, I have seen these in a couple different Lowe's...:joint:

They are about 6 inches tall but have leaves and are ready to rock. Just pot up in some citrus/palm soil ..they have that too.

I had forgotten about a plant that I saw at the Calgary Zoo's botanical garden when I was quite young. It was a grafted citrus tree with orange, lemon, lime and possibly grapefruit fruiting all at the same time. I haven't seen anything like it since but it really affected my interest in plants. Grafted citrus shoots are as mature as their mothers? The plant was only about 3-4 ft tall.

Jake

ehonda187

I had forgotten about a plant that I saw at the Calgary Zoo's botanical garden when I was quite young. It was a grafted citrus tree with orange, lemon, lime and possibly grapefruit fruiting all at the same time. I haven't seen anything like it since but it really affected my interest in plants. Grafted citrus shoots are as mature as their mothers? The plant was only about 3-4 ft tall.

Jake

They also do this with apple, cherry, pear and other fruit/flowering trees in which they graft onto it other varieties....Do a search on the web and you will pull up a few different nurseries that stock these trees as they are in season now. They are usually a dwarf variety.
Some sites call them 4-in-ones or 3 in ones.......:joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts