What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing Chocolate Thai?

RenaissanceBrah

Is it true real Chocolate Thai is extremely difficult to grow?

I'll be on my 3rd outdoor grow here in southern California, was thinking for the summer to grow Swami's Chocolate Thai IBL.

Wondering if it might be biting off more than I can chew

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Hello,
With 3 successful grows I would say go for it.....send swami a message/email and see what they think. Most breeders will answer specific questions.
Post the grow up when you do it, sure folks will help out along the way.

xerb

Chocolate Thai in SoCal ? It shouldn't be difficult

Chocolate Thai in SoCal ? It shouldn't be difficult

Greetings,

Regarding your question about growing Chocolate Thai down in SoCal - it should be a piece of cake.

If we can do it up here in NorCal, outdoors at 2500 ft elevation, it should be no problem for you.

They might take until early November, but we usually got them in before the first freeze.

But beware, the damn things can get big! Xerb

RenaissanceBrah

Greetings,

Regarding your question about growing Chocolate Thai down in SoCal - it should be a piece of cake.

If we can do it up here in NorCal, outdoors at 2500 ft elevation, it should be no problem for you.

They might take until early November, but we usually got them in before the first freeze.

But beware, the damn things can get big! Xerb

Thanks Xerb!

Did you grow the original landrace Chocolate Thai? Or a hybrid of it?

At this point I'm still not sure where to get real seeds of it though - I heard Swami has them, but when I messaged Swami on IG, he says he doesn't sell seeds anymore.

xerb

I hope I am not repeating myself, but yes, these seeds were from the original Chocolate Thai being imported from Mexico. They were 20 years old then and that was 20 years ago, so I do not know where you might finds real seeds...

Try Original Glue #4, I was given a cut several years back and it reminded me of a Chocolate Thai that somebody had worked with quite a bit. The Chocolate taste was there, and it was very potent. Overall a very nice cutting. Xerb

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
it would be nice to see swami´s choc thai... I wonder if somebody has different version than Drawoh´ s

OldCoolSativa

Based on my experience with Swami's Blue Orca Haze, I'd look elsewhere for Chocolate Thai. I traded some BOH F2s I made to a dude in Australia and in return he sent me a straw full of Chocolate Thai amongst other seed varieties. Australia is a lot closer to Thailand than the US, so these beans should be legit. I feel like I'd find better plants if I grew the Chocolate Thai from an unknown grower on the other side of the world than from Swami. I also have a pack of Hazeman's Cocoa Puffs, which is Darwoh 2.5 Chocolate Thai x Chocolate Trip. Sounds interesting but based on an earlier grow of Hazeman's Strawberry Cough, which was complete hay, I won't likely bother with these either. I recently got some Vietnam seeds from TLT which I'm inclined to grow out later this year. It's haze in seed form according to one poster in the IC Mag haze discussion thread. I love the Colombian landraces I grow, but it'll be interesting to try some SE Asian genetics.

RenaissanceBrah

Based on my experience with Swami's Blue Orca Haze, I'd look elsewhere for Chocolate Thai. I traded some BOH F2s I made to a dude in Australia and in return he sent me a straw full of Chocolate Thai amongst other seed varieties. Australia is a lot closer to Thailand than the US, so these beans should be legit. I feel like I'd find better plants if I grew the Chocolate Thai from an unknown grower on the other side of the world than from Swami. I also have a pack of Hazeman's Cocoa Puffs, which is Darwoh 2.5 Chocolate Thai x Chocolate Trip. Sounds interesting but based on an earlier grow of Hazeman's Strawberry Cough, which was complete hay, I won't likely bother with these either. I recently got some Vietnam seeds from TLT which I'm inclined to grow out later this year. It's haze in seed form according to one poster in the IC Mag haze discussion thread. I love the Colombian landraces I grow, but it'll be interesting to try some SE Asian genetics.

How was the Swami's Blue Orca Haze?

Just curious, what Columbian genetics were you growing that you say are good, from which breeder? I'm also hoping to grow some Columbian in the near future.

Cheers

OldCoolSativa

How was the Swami's Blue Orca Haze?

Just curious, what Columbian genetics were you growing that you say are good, from which breeder? I'm also hoping to grow some Columbian in the near future.

Cheers

Swami's BOH was flavorless Indica heavy-stone crap. Certainly not what I'd call a haze.

I've been growing some 1978 Colombian Gold crosses I made to my keeper punto rojo with pollen donated by an old hippie on the west coast. I'd say the best commercially available stuff is Cannabiogen's Punto Rojo and Mangobiche.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
image_2031409.png
Vintage pic of Chocolate Thai stick