What's new

Growing a cannabis community in Virginia

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Good luck with your quest Rosin...

I grew up as a little kid in Ocean View, about a mile south of the amusement park...
When I became a teen I went to Bayside HS in Va Beach , living near Independence Blvd...

Va Beach was a very cool place back when I was growing up.. Saw tons of great rock concerts at the Dome. Now it's all just way too crowded...

Planted my first seeds, out by the Dismal Swamp back around 1970-1974...and some more out in Pungo in 1976-77...

I'm in southwest VA and I moved my entire livestock hemp op here with high hopes of getting a license when they offer them. I'm in 276, only hemp grower in my county lol.

Hey brother if your looking for hard working look no further lol but awesome im finally getting traction on this post cant wait to see what eveyone grows here

20210413_105014.jpg
20210412_171835.jpg
20210412_171844.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I'm in southwest VA and I moved my entire livestock hemp op here with high hopes of getting a license when they offer them. I'm in 276, only hemp grower in my county lol.

right across line from you here in east TN, thinking about re-locating. there WERE a few guys growing hemp in Hawkins Co., right on the line. last i heard they had all quit since feds changed the rules RE thc-a % after crops were planted. i was told there were no CBD hemp varieties that would be legal under new regs...

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
right across line from you here in east TN, thinking about re-locating. there WERE a few guys growing hemp in Hawkins Co., right on the line. last i heard they had all quit since feds changed the rules RE thc-a % after crops were planted. i was told there were no CBD hemp varieties that would be legal under new regs...

Well depends on what you mean. I have several strains that are zero percent THC, granted they're mostly CBG varieties. VA also doesn't use the new federal regulations because they submitted and got approved the state plant. Now they still do use total THC but you know, when you tell them when you harvest and they inspect 30 days prior to that seems like there would be an easy way to get around any potential hot testing that happens at basically the last stage in flowering. Rules and regulations were made to find ways to work around.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I grow indoors mostly, but I throw a few plants outside. Leaf spot Septoria and budrot are my major battles outdoors. Humid here.

Attachments

• photo2037638.jpg
    photo2037638.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 86
  • photo2038641.jpg
    photo2038641.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 91
  • photo2038642.jpg
    photo2038642.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 86
  • photo2038643.jpg
    photo2038643.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 91
  • photo2038644.jpg
    photo2038644.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 90

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I grow indoors mostly, but I throw a few plants outside. Leaf spot Septoria and budrot are my major battles outdoors. Humid here.

I have very similar weather in the Ozarks as in inland Virginia...Very hot, very humid Summer and Autumn...

Solving the Leaf spot Septoria and budrot problems are entirely solved by getting rid of those seeds.. Keep trying new seeds until you find plants that aren't susceptible to those problems...

Hybrids that are heavier on the sativa side are a good place to start looking... You'll be amazed when you find it... It will grow beautifully right beside a plant plagued with leaf spot....

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I was so excited to be able to grow in my front yard. I had decided on putting the longer flowering OHaze in the ground. Knowing full well it wouldn't come close to finishing here, but I just wanted to grow giant fuck you.

law says must make it unobtainable by minors,so I bought no admission under 21 signs and put on the fence that surrounds the yard.

Turns out, I can't do that. No plant can be visible from a public way (without optical aid or aircraft). Oh well.

Our four plants must be labeled and tagged with our drivers license or ID with address. Lol Wtf?! And labeled that they are for personal use.

I find it funny that when asked about the issue of being allowed to grow four plants but only allowed to posess 1 ounce of it, a lawmaker said something like well these are new growers I don't think we'll have the problem of anybody growing over an ounce. Lol.