What's new

Growin' My Blues Away

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Swimming in the Ocean of Expressions...

Swimming in the Ocean of Expressions...

PC, what's good! Nice seeing ya around these parts, we definitely gotta catch up. You got a thread going or something? Lemme see what you're up to these days. :tiphat:

Paulo, thank you my friend! Good vibes.

----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQjwkXrcUrs&feature=related

I took some more photos of the ladies. Been a little busier than usual lately so haven't had much time to share any updates. Things are starting to get good. Resin production is kicking into high gear and the smells are getting heavy. Starting to get a good idea for bud structures. They are a few days into week 5 in the pictures.

There were a few I pegged as favorites early on that fortunately are continuing to impress but a couple are disappointing a little, at least visually. Leafy flower structures and low resin are the two common aspects of the less than stellar lookers, which could turn out to mean very little come smoke time, and one has a a weak green smell that reminds me of a plant early in veg which I don't discount as readily as appearance. Intensity, as opposed to uniqueness (which is always welcomed!), of smell is usually a good indicator of quality, IMO.

That said, there's been a couple that have come on strong as of late. I think it's #20 and #11, both are flowering up nicely and #20 has a great smell, which has kinda surprised me... two plants, #16 and #20, have intense grape candy smells. #16 is my favorite so far, she's budding up nicely, strong resin development and smells amazing. It's a sweet, grape candy smell, like the hard candies you'd get as a kid that had unlabeled foil wraps. Never had a grape smelling plant before and this one is a nice first example. #20 is more of a cough syrup grape smell, it's 'thicker' if that makes sense and much sweeter.

I forgot my notebook in the tent again so I don't have #'s handy to attach to each photo. Which is probably for the best, I don't want to get too attached to any plant by number. Trying to keep my observations value free like any good scientist would. ;) Can't wait to smoke the goods and see what's really going on. I enjoy watching all these ladies fight for my attention. But it isn't me they've gotta impress, it's my pipe and she's a real ruthless bitch. :D

One of my favs so far... #16, smelling like grape candy.
picture.php

Don't know the # this one has a menthol thing going on, the smell is cool to the nose. Very interesting.
picture.php

She wants to look like ECSD... and feeds like her too. Real pig this one.
picture.php

This lady smells like OG Kush was dunked in pineapple juice.
picture.php

Nice bud structure, not a big yielder but rock hard nugs all over the place. Has a great skunky vanilla smell.
picture.php

Don't remember which one this is...
picture.php

Pretty sure this is another shot of #16...
picture.php

#20, the cough syrupy grape smeller... gonna take a little bit longer to flower than the others too.
picture.php

#06... squat, stinky and stacking buds. I'm digging this plant, she's the black sheep of the bunch in many ways.
picture.php

Last edited:
G

Guest3498

John Butler :yes:

Seriously though man some killer work going on here. Can't wait to see this cross come into fruition :tiphat:

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Won't ya steal away my mind...

Won't ya steal away my mind...

Thanks for stopping by fellas. It's getting good in the tent, starting to fill in nicely and the smells are coming on strong.

A couple plants have a variety of grape-dominant smells which surprised me. The best example is a sweet, candy grape, another has a similar scent but it's not as intense. There's also a cough syrup grape and a skunky grape that looks great, too.

The other smells are all wildly different from one to the next; menthol, fuel & pineapple, funk/dogshit, one that I can't really describe and two that smell kinda bunk, green plant smell mostly.

[youtubeif]vat_IIAt2p0&feature=related[/youtubeif]

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Miss Menthol, one of the most unique aromas I've come across yet.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Can't remember which one this was or what she smelled like, good thing for notes!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
It's like candy!

It's like candy!

[YOUTUBEIF]V6viAhVEKxI[/YOUTUBEIF]

:laughing: Had to do it... these two plants are straight nose candy. Grape candy, that is. I can only hope it translates to taste. The first one is much sweeter, more intense too. She's frosty and is filling in pretty evenly from top to bottom. The second isn't as powerful a smell but still very nice.

The first one...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And the other...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Thanks cob! I hear ya, I won't turn down a killer grapey find though it wasn't what I was looking for. It's a welcomed surprise, I haven't come across a smell like this before and wasn't even thinking this cross was capable of producing it. If one of them turns out to smoke as good as it smells it just might be worth keeping around.

Few more shots of a couple ladies I haven't put up yet...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yeah buddy .. You got your hands full

Love the descriptions you got going on .. Already those seeds are spreading the calyx's like an easy lady ;)

I'm still waiting for my room to be in a better place and have my shit together before I pop those abusive og x fire og

But I can't wait cause these all look so killer .. I know their slightly different but love me some OG

How ya been bro .. Got my 3 plant every 2 week perpetual in it's beginning stages :D

Be easy

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
GG, what up playa! Thanks man, and yeah some of these ladies are bursting at the seams. I've already found a couple beans poking out and falling onto the soil.

Can't wait for the smoke tests. Figure most will need 10-11 weeks, but I'll gladly welcome any faster finishers. Should be sampling the goods by mid March after a two week cure.

I forgot I gave ya some of the Fire OG X's. Just fyi, I found out recently it's Abusive Kushaze that was used as the male. An old Rez strain apparently. Abusive x SSH.

How's the garden going otherwise?

GG, what up playa! Thanks man, and yeah some of these ladies are bursting at the seams. I've already found a couple beans poking out and falling onto the soil.

Can't wait for the smoke tests. Figure most will need 10-11 weeks, but I'll gladly welcome any faster finishers. Should be sampling the goods by mid March after a two week cure.

I forgot I gave ya some of the Fire OG X's. Just fyi, I found out recently it's Abusive Kushaze that was used as the male. An old Rez strain apparently. Abusive x SSH.

How's the garden going otherwise?
Mine will be ready 2 weeks after yours my dude!

Word .. Thanks for the heads up if I get a male I'm gonna cross it w my ssh x big bud

I'm gonna pop grape Krush x ? (it could be a chem, sour, grape Krush as the pollen donor .. But only gals in the room so they will be quality femmes seeds just like last time from my boy .. Double diesel (ecsd x chem dd x sd1.5))

Keep in touch breezy

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
No complaints, amigo. Finishing up nicely, some appear to be yielding surprisingly well, all things considered. They're a few days in to week 9, most look to need 10 or 11. There's one, #22 I think, that might need 13-14. I have to take some shots this week, I'll get them up in a few days. Very happy with how things have turned out so far.

The coco experiment has been easy going so far & I'm going to come back to it but I'm upping all the coco cups into soil. Nice to know germing is straight forward and feeding with my regimen works in coco. Still curious to try amending directly with dry fertilizers, that'd be ideal. The root growth in coco is staggering compared to peat-based soil mixes so I'll def. keep experimenting with it.

White x Chem '91... The lankiest of the bunch of seed plants. Heavy feeders. Can't wait to flip these.
picture.php

Honey White... couple of them remind me so much of Lucifer OG. Same leaf shapes & plant structures. The easiest to feed, they're the perfect middle ground in terms of size & shape compared to the W91's and Head Trips, which are polar opposites. The runt has overcome his rough its rough start and looks great now.
picture.php

Head Trip... these plants are super compact though not slow growing. Real curious to see how things turn out with these. I'll get some shots of them this week. They're probably not as tall as the W91s but they're level with the HW's and have almost 2x as many nodes as either of them.

Looks killer dude! Im tossing some affie x skunk and nycd into flower to make room in the veg .. .. Gonna pop a couple grape krush x chem or diesel something lol

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Cecil's Cush aka Green Crack
picture.php

Coastal Collision in coco.
picture.php

ECSD, been pinching her tops regularly and she's responding in kind. Lowers are shooting up and the new top growth is much tighter.
picture.php

Vaping some Golden Goat tonight... real tasty stuff with a great, chill buzz.
picture.php