What's new

Grower from Spain traveling to Denver

ElRubio

Veteran
Hey everyone. Next month I am going to be in Colorado with my girlfriend for 2 weeks, and I was wondering if anyone here could guide me on finding the best that Denver and surrounding areas have to offer. I co-manage a social smoking club in Madrid, Spain, and have been a grower for over 10 years.

I´ve been reading the threads here, and checked craiglist too for good dispensaries/ppl to get weed from in CO. Thanks a lot.

Now, I would love some recommendations on the best natural spots around Denver. We would love to get a cabin in the mountains for a few days, maybe make a trip to nearby hot springs.

All ideas, tips, and thoughts are welcome... thanks in advance.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colorado's bigger than Spain.
Assuming your Flying into DIA, checkout the airport as you are coming in to land. You'll notice that DIA tarmacs are shaped like a swastica.

I can't reco any clubs as I'm probably in the furthest corner from Denver.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the places you do end up visiting though.

Enjoy.

j_hold420

I was in Denver a few weeks ago and bought weed from several dispensaries. My advice would be to bring your own, lol. However, two years ago I was in Denver and bought an oz of Kush from a guy off Craigslist and it was pretty nice.

Colorado's bigger than Spain.
Assuming your Flying into DIA, checkout the airport as you are coming in to land. You'll notice that DIA tarmacs are shaped like a swastica.

That's because the Nazi government realized that in the future someplace in America pot would be legalized and their name would be associated with it. Get real.

bs

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I was in Denver a few weeks ago and bought weed from several dispensaries. My advice would be to bring your own, lol.
Indeed, the dispensaries need to seriously up their quality.

Definitely looking for recommendations here too, I live 2hrs from Denver so it's not an every day trip for me. So, where's the shop with actual quality hiding in Denver? :)

ElRubio

Veteran
Hahaha at the airport looking like a nazi swastika...

Thanks everyone for chiming in (we'll definitely check Sassafras out.)

I've been checking Craigslist for bud and specially for clones. When I get there, I'll personally check out some dispensaries and clubs.

As of right now, these are the dispensaries that I would like to visit, based on others' recommendations: Green Man Cannabis, Natural Remedies, Pink House, Fox Street Wellness, Native roots, and Rocky Roads Aurora. For clones, I'd like to visit L'eagle and Kind Love. If I'm able to spend a day or two in Boulder, I'd like to visit 14er, The Farm, and Green Dream.

In terms of enjoying nature... We've decided to stay a few days in a cabin at the Rocky Mountains National Park. From the pics, it looks beautiful. Hopefully this part of the trip makes up for the bad Colorado weed you guys are warning me against hahaha...

We still have 3-4 days that we have left unplanned on purpose. Mainly, we are still trying to see what other places may be worth going to. Do you guys know if there's anything worth visiting in the southwest area? We'd like to visit a "Wild West" type of town if possible haha... just to see one.

PS MJPassion - Colorado's square miles: 104,093.67 ... Spain's: 195,364 ;)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doh! I was Mistaken about the size... hehe

Look into Mesa Verde in the 4 corners region.
It's an International Heritage site. You could easily spend 4 days there.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Skip Native roots.

Unless they only ship their crap up into the mountains, their quality is shite. I would say their flowering rooms have dust issues, every strain is harsh with dust. (I have not purchased from Native Roots in Denver. Only their dispensary near Breckenridge)

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hahaha at the airport looking like a nazi swastika...

Thanks everyone for chiming in (we'll definitely check Sassafras out.)

I've been checking Craigslist for bud and specially for clones. When I get there, I'll personally check out some dispensaries and clubs.

As of right now, these are the dispensaries that I would like to visit, based on others' recommendations: Green Man Cannabis, Natural Remedies, Pink House, Fox Street Wellness, Native roots, and Rocky Roads Aurora. For clones, I'd like to visit L'eagle and Kind Love. If I'm able to spend a day or two in Boulder, I'd like to visit 14er, The Farm, and Green Dream.

In terms of enjoying nature... We've decided to stay a few days in a cabin at the Rocky Mountains National Park. From the pics, it looks beautiful. Hopefully this part of the trip makes up for the bad Colorado weed you guys are warning me against hahaha...

We still have 3-4 days that we have left unplanned on purpose. Mainly, we are still trying to see what other places may be worth going to. Do you guys know if there's anything worth visiting in the southwest area? We'd like to visit a "Wild West" type of town if possible haha... just to see one.

PS MJPassion - Colorado's square miles: 104,093.67 ... Spain's: 195,364 ;)
hey El rubio,,,,
a safe journey and a great time,,,
hope some peeps can point you in the right direction for some "fire",,,,,,

peace and regards s2:tiphat:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Regarding dispensaries and their weed I'm pretty out of the loop. I haven't been in one and purchased weed in a couple of years as I'm always growing my own but I still encourage you to visit a couple to see what the Colorado scene is all about.

As far as cool places to see and wild west type towns then I would encourage you to check out Leadville. It's at 10,152 feet elevation and still has a old mining town feel to it. If you drive up above town there are all kinds of abandoned mine sites too with the old buildings and equipment. After Leadville you can drive down the mountain a bit to Twin Lakes and up and over Independence Pass to Aspen if you want. I would imagine that the Aspens would be turning color at that point plus the view are fucking awesome up there. If you pass on driving the pass you can still head down the mountain towards the town of Buena Vista (pronounced Byoona Vista or Byoonie if you want to be local as fuck) and there are hot springs up Cottonwood Pass or another larger place south of town at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort. Around there you have a number of 14ers to look at (mountains over 14,000 feet). Continue up past Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort and all the way up the mountain to around 10,000 feet and there is an old ghost town called Saint Elmo that is cool to check out.

I could keep going on and on though. I have been a little bit of everywhere around the state. If you need any more ideas or direction let me know and I can go into more detail. I'll keep my eyes peeled in this thread to help out when/if I can.

Here's to a good trip!

All below pics are mine, taken at Maroon Bells outside of Aspen and Mount of the Holy Cross outside of Minturn/Vail area.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If ya get down to the SW corner theres also a nice alpine loop drive over the Million Dollar Highway & Red Mtn Pass. The loop can be done in a day but its better if a couple are taken. It passes through Durango, Silverton, Ouray (Lil Switzerland), Ridgeway in the mountsins then on to Norwood, Dove Creek & Cortez on the Colorado Plateau.
Theres also the world famous Telluride. Depending on your visit date there could be any number of festivals going on. Mushroom Fest was last weekend.

ElRubio

Veteran
who_dat_is, thank you very much for the detailed post. It's gold. I'll check those places out and plan my trip with them in mind. I am trying to visit multiple cities without having to drive excessively. Even though gas there is really cheap (lol) I don't wanna spend half of my trip on the road. I definitely gotta check the hot springs.

MJPassion, thanks again dude. I'll check The Mesa Verde Park again and its reviews.

Thanks everyone!

packerfan79

Veteran
Yup, Colorado is an amazing place once you get out of Denver. Denver is a smaller version of L.A. dirty. I have in laws who live outside of Denver and they always talk about coming back to California. I would love to move to Colorado but with college and kids I am stuck here in California. Besides my wife thinks the whole state of Colorado is like Denver, she thinks she wants to move to Texas or Ohio of all the godforsaken hell holes. No thanks. Not for me.

Hash2k

Colorado springs - cannacanyon ...thank me later! You can also hit the garden of the gods a free plce to eexplore and then pikes peak

satva

Veteran
Denver, Colorado

Denver, Colorado

Hey ElRubio,

You picked the best spot ~ Estes Park. Stop in Lyons. Nederland, 30 minutes west of Boulder has been a small marijuana mecca for smokers for many years. Peak to peak highway is a USA scenic byway, take Coal Creek Canyon 72 west of Denver, or Canyon Drive 119 from Boulder to Nederland, Ward, Allenspark to Estes Park. Ward is a total stoners town. Nederland old hippie town with lots of greenhouse grows in the mountains.

For Hot Springs, Hot Sulphur Springs, in Hot Sulphur Springs is 1 hour 40 minutes west of Denver thru Winter Park. Great water - sulphur is very relaxing. Steamboat Springs is a historic ranching town, with the best natural hot springs setting Strawberry Park.

You can drive to the top of Mount Evans, the National park entrance is about 40 minutes west of Denver, it takes a long time to drive to the summit at 14,264 feet. You'll see mountain goats and mountain sheep. You'll probably get the beginning of Elk bugling season in Rocky Mountain National park. Golden is a historic town, 25 minutes west of Denver.

Grand Lake is the western gate to Rocky Mountain National Park and is currently one of the most historic towns in Colorado population 850 people year round residents. Outside of tourist season, Grand lake looks much like it did 150 years ago. Moose country, you might5 see one downtown Grand Lake. Access Grand Lake, driving west on Trail Ridge Road. Trail ridge Road is a must see.

Crested Butte / Maroon Bells Wilderness is awesome. Probably 60 - 80% of Crested Butte locals ( over 21) are high right now. That's what locals claim.

Boulder is following in Aspens footsteps, affordable for rich. I avoid the rich money towns, Aspen, Telluride, Beavercreek, Vail. The San Juan Mountains in Colorado's Southwest corner is the best wilderness and high country mountaineering in Colorado. The Maroon Bell Wilderness shown from Aspen (in who dat is pictures) is a close second. We access this area from Crested Butte, as Aspen has been too uppity for me for the past twenty years.

Ridgeway, 8 miles south of Ouray is affordable, Durango is a hip historic town ~ heaven for outdoor athletes. Ouray is about 6 1/2 hours southwest of Denver. Hot Springs everywhere around Ouray.

If your west of the National Park, Grand Lake is near Hot Sulphur Springs, northeast of Granby. Glenwood Springs is a nice town. Glenwood Springs Hot Springs is world famous, lots of people, international tourists, but not the typical Colorado hot springs experience like Hot Sulphur Springs, Strawberry Park, or Cottonwood Hot Springs, near Buena Vista which has the purest / best mineral water in Colorado, followed by Weisbaden Spa, in Ouray.

I access the mountains via 285, and avoid I-70 whenever possible. Salida has a nice art district in their historic downtown. Guenella Pass outside of Georgetown will soon be bright gold with aspen trees.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

ElRubio

Veteran
juts come back

juts come back

Thanks everyone for the tips and advises. I've just come back from there, and I'll be posting some pics, impressions and opinions in the next few weeks...

It´s a beautiful place, the scene is very nice and the nature is simply great, spechless...

hope you enjoy the pics!

Denver
IMG_20160920_162428138.jpg

Somewhere in the Rockies!
IMG_20160923_103134824.jpg

scenic drive
IMG_20160924_130325739_HDR.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies (Forum)
IMG_20160926_133206865.jpg

hasta la vista!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey El Rubio,,,,
love the pics...
sounds like you had a great time:biggrin:,,,
glad you arrived home safe,,,,
look forward to pics and comments,,
keep well brother:),,,,,,,s2:tiphat:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Can't wait to see the full trip report too.

You took awesome landscape pics, good job !

And those Cookie nugs looks delicious...

:tiphat:

ElRubio

Veteran
Being legal assumes that all cannabis (in different formats) is tested for cannabinoids and prohibited products (pesticides as Eagle20). It also includes the elements with which it was grown (fertiliser and so), and the seal of the preceptive Department of Colorado Gov in charge. They are very advanced imho...

A delicious OG Bubba from Willie's Reserve. Nice and clean taste, and very balanced high
IMG_20160915_204113839.jpg

IMG_20160915_204218649_HDR.jpg

The CBD was nice, and effective against the hangover hehe
IMG_20160915_193644002.jpg

Golden Goat, sweet/herbal taste, and potent and quick high
IMG_20160915_202658586.jpg

IMG_20160915_202533731.jpg

Best vibes everyone

Latest posts

Latest posts