What's new

GROW TENTS !!!!!!!!!

Which tent do u guys perfer for a better all around growing? Homebox or secret jardin darkroom? The only negative comments i've found on the secret jardin tent is that it leaks light a lil from the silver material that is used for the inside tent. For the homebox i've found that the tent structure is a lil weak compare to the secret jardin but it doesnt leak as much light as the secret jardin. So this leaves me with this question. Which tent would be better with less problems and headache? I was leaning towards the secret jardin but after doing countless research im starting to like the homebox more. Please give me some advice. Thanks

MASHUP

I've got a few GrowLabs now. 290, 145L and 120.

Here's how the 145L was set up:

16Bit_HDR.jpg

The 290 will have 4,000w of HPS and 1,300w of T5. 24 plant ScrOG thread coming next month.

:joint:

snowkitty

I paid approx $500 for a 4x4 Hydrohut Silver Edition and I probably paid a little more than I should have, but I wouldn't go with anything else. It is so sturdy and high quality. I had the previous model at first, but fortunately, it was broken in the box, so I took it back to the store and they had me upgrade to the Silver Edition, which is the newer model. My advice is - don't cheap out if you are buying a hut!!! Your grow tent collapsing or being rickety would just ruin everything.:tongue:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How's it going tent growers? Let's get some more tent shots up in here - 600W hps in a budbox xl - 1.2Mx1.2Mx2M.

picture.php

A

Amstel Light

I've got a few GrowLabs now. 290, 145L and 120.

Here's how the 145L was set up:

16Bit_HDR.jpg

The 290 will have 4,000w of HPS and 1,300w of T5. 24 plant ScrOG thread coming next month.

:joint:

please! post a link of your setup with details its fuckin sweeet!!! they say the portable a/c 's suk hows it work with your set up? where did you get your buckets? are they recirculating ? is that 2 K you git in there?

do'hh! found it http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=111964 now i will be immersed for an hour.

just checkin' out this thread...pretty sweet to see other tent grows.

for my $0.02, I debated between different huts for a while before I finally decided on the 3x3 hydrohut silver edition. let me tell you guys...this thing is freaking sweet. looks like they tried VERY hard at getting their customer base back up after the gassing off issues.

i think i picked mine up for under $300 after tax at a local shop - gotta support the local guys. best $300 i've ever spent so far! i've tried closets and ikea cabs and none of those even come close to what this one is. so much more room w/lots of vents, collapsible, not stuck with a big ass cab when not in use.

anyways. i finally decided on the 3x3 hydrohut silver edition because of a few things that stood out from the competition. first is LOTS of vents to play with as well as windows to access the sides/back. the metal frame is way higher quality than any of the other competition and supposedly can support up to 140# or something ridiculous like that which is VERY important when hanging a charcoal filter, fan, and metal reflector from the top. and i picked the 3x3 because with there is no hood on the market that has a good 4x4 footprint, and at 3x3 a 1000 watter is PERFECT. muahahahaha.

oh yeah, light leaks are very minimal when considering how much light is inside. in a pitch black room you can see them, but if there is even a night light in the room you can't see them. just a few tiny pinholes here and there where the stitching is at, but i don't mind. oh yeah, other light leaks is when you open the vent flaps which is a necessity for air flow - that's why mine turns on at night in the garage!

funkydope

Hey guys...just wanted to join the club and show off my tent.

I only have experience using the HydroHuts, and I had two hydrohut Mini's one for veg and one for flower. My veg tent never had a off gassing issue. But during my second grow..my flower tent killed everything. I took some time off after that heartbreak. And after coming back to it like 3 months ago...I found the off-gassing issue in the forums here and immediately wrote HydroHut an email explaining what my issue was. They told me that the recall had ended already, but they would honor my recall if I had the original receipt (luckily I did!).

So I got the new Silver Edition and I totally agree with Highon....this thing is a complete upgrade over the original!!! It is amazing and hopefully with the venting upgrades I will be able to pull some serious weight! Check it out....

attachment.php
picture.php

Setting up for third grow...I'm running about 500 Watt of CFL in Veg (spectrum ranging between 5000K and 6500K) and during Flower I plan on running a 430 watt HPS (extra blue spectrum added) and another 160 watts of CFL (4100K). Very excited to see what happens this time. More will come in my journal soon.

confused

How's it going tent growers? Let's get some more tent shots up in here - 600W hps in a budbox xl - 1.2Mx1.2Mx2M.

Here is a 600 w hps in a secret jardin dr150. I could fit another 600 w and it could probably use it. Cooling with a 6 in votrex. You can see the extra access on the sides and there are like 4 vents i dont even know what would go in because I'm only using 1? I guess there is access for co2, seperate filtered exhaust, other chords?

Here ya go.

MASHUP

Check this out too:

I saw this stuff at a trade show and got some snaps. The tent up top is pretty badass, sealed, burning Co2 and liquid chilled. If I remember it's the ballast up top in a tube, then reflector and finally to the heat exchanger device and air spreader. Right and then there's a water cooled Co2 burner in the back. The fan sucks air from the tent, across all of that shit and exhausts it right back in, chilled.

The second picture shows a new, smaller, liquid chilled Co2 burner made especially for tent or cabinet users. That would be dope for a veg tent and the HydroGEN for the bloom tent. :joint:

MASHUP

Yeah dude, that's the whole point of grow tents for a lot of people. Why build an elaborate room when these set up and come down in a matter of hours. Inspections are no sweat.

The technology is coming along pretty fast to do some rad stuff in a tent. :joint:

Hey guys...just wanted to join the club and show off my tent.

I only have experience using the HydroHuts, and I had two hydrohut Mini's one for veg and one for flower. My veg tent never had a off gassing issue. But during my second grow..my flower tent killed everything. I took some time off after that heartbreak. And after coming back to it like 3 months ago...I found the off-gassing issue in the forums here and immediately wrote HydroHut an email explaining what my issue was. They told me that the recall had ended already, but they would honor my recall if I had the original receipt (luckily I did!).

So I got the new Silver Edition and I totally agree with Highon....this thing is a complete upgrade over the original!!! It is amazing and hopefully with the venting upgrades I will be able to pull some serious weight! Check it out....

attachment.php
picture.php

Setting up for third grow...I'm running about 500 Watt of CFL in Veg (spectrum ranging between 5000K and 6500K) and during Flower I plan on running a 430 watt HPS (extra blue spectrum added) and another 160 watts of CFL (4100K). Very excited to see what happens this time. More will come in my journal soon.

dude, you need to do yourself a favor and put a bigger light in there! i had a 400 in mine when i first got it and it was kinda dinky in there. luckily for me, the light died a week later after 3yrs of use, and i got a 1000w to put in there. the 3x3 hydrohut definitely needs more than just one 400 in there. another 400 would be good, a 600 would be better, and the 1000 is best! in such a large volume of space, the 1000 doesn't even heat it up much more than the 400. my hood isn't even air cooled right now and temps are around 75 at canopy level. also, you may need a larger charcoal filter to combat the stink from the number of buds you're gonna produce in that baby!

what's goin' on with all your duct work outside of the tent?

Yeah dude, that's the whole point of grow tents for a lot of people. Why build an elaborate room when these set up and come down in a matter of hours. Inspections are no sweat.

The technology is coming along pretty fast to do some rad stuff in a tent. :joint:

i'll agree. today's tents are far superior to any cabinet i've seen people growing in. cost-wise they are about equivalent to a cabinet, with the benefit of being able to collapse and stow-away in a hurry. from the exterior, they look like a portable closet for clothes.

INDO247

dude, you need to do yourself a favor and put a bigger light in there! i had a 400 in mine when i first got it and it was kinda dinky in there. luckily for me, the light died a week later after 3yrs of use, and i got a 1000w to put in there. the 3x3 hydrohut definitely needs more than just one 400 in there. another 400 would be good, a 600 would be better, and the 1000 is best! in such a large volume of space, the 1000 doesn't even heat it up much more than the 400. my hood isn't even air cooled right now and temps are around 75 at canopy level. also, you may need a larger charcoal filter to combat the stink from the number of buds you're gonna produce in that baby!

what's goin' on with all your duct work outside of the tent?

that tent looks to be about the same size im planning on getting. 2.8ft x 2.8ft x 5.3ft. Are u sure a 400w light is not enough? I was told for this size a 400w is the max. I would love to put a 600w light in there if its not gonna give me any heating issues?

KindHypnos

that tent looks to be about the same size im planning on getting. 2.8ft x 2.8ft x 5.3ft. Are u sure a 400w light is not enough? I was told for this size a 400w is the max. I would love to put a 600w light in there if its not gonna give me any heating issues?

With a proper 6" fan you shouldn't have any problem with using a 600w in that space, and though the 400 will give right at the minimum 50w per sqft... the 600 will give you much better penetration and increased growth @ about 75w per sqft.

Also, just a FYI for anyone interested in getting a tent on the cheap... BGhydro is selling homebox seconds, there was a problem with the "white" walls of the inside of the tent not being so white... so bg is selling them very cheap. About $130 for a XL...

INDO247

With a proper 6" fan you shouldn't have any problem with using a 600w in that space, and though the 400 will give right at the minimum 50w per sqft... the 600 will give you much better penetration and increased growth @ about 75w per sqft.

Also, just a FYI for anyone interested in getting a tent on the cheap... BGhydro is selling homebox seconds, there was a problem with the "white" walls of the inside of the tent not being so white... so bg is selling them very cheap. About $130 for a XL...

do u think it'll work if im only using a 4" carbon filter + fan? Also i'll have maybe 1 or 2 fans inside the tent circulating and fresh air will also be vent through from outside to inside the tent?