What's new

GROW TENTS !!!!!!!!!

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
lol
Old Yeller just wait until you get your hps in there before you make any assumptions on it's light-tightness.
A 600w will illuminate the tiniest pinholes around all your seams and stitching. Maybe even through the zipper in some places.

K

KINGKONG

yeah put a light in that POS and see how good the stitching is.

Compared to the old one its a real POS. But its not killing my plants so thats a plus.

Well, I just stuck a cfl work light in it for now - I know it ain't no 600W, but sorry guys, only a couple of pin holes thru the stitching by the cable access flaps on the back - an easy fix with a paint brush & some Permatex Ultra Black RTV Silicone gasket maker. Nothing thru the zippers yet because of the 3" flaps.
The only things I don't like about the Sunhut are the 6" included flanges which forced me to use a 6" starter collar to attach duct to the other end & the large logo I have to tape out. Big deal.
For $200 I couldn't be happier - it was a no-brainer compared to a DIY tent project or a fully built room in my basement.

Give me about 2 weeks to get the 20 amp line in & figure out the hvac for an S&P TD-150 I have comming & I'll post some pics. Got a temporary shelf system stuffed with AK47, Purple Kush, Red Sonja & Bubblegum in flower now that are dying to move up-town into their new tent. Can't wait to finish them in the new digs...

KGB420

I thought if you Run a fan inline for cooling you should put the scrubber before the light to keep dust out of the light fixture I run scrubber-fan-bulb-out the tent I may have to run the AC more to keep it cool inside
I dumped the old sunhut and traded for a new one with the silver lining I will test it out after this harvest.

I almost lost these ladies in the old Sun-Hut I got them out just in time and gave them B12 and they came back a little stunted but I will get enough from the harvest to last untill the next.

TW/Salmon Crk. BB Cross 4 weeks flowering.

GDP 4 weeks

GDP 4 weeks

Last edited:

Igignokt

hey guys i need a grow tent for my basement. Problem is, the 4x4 or 5x5 grow tent I want is 6.5ft tall, and my basement ceiling is just under by a couple inches in areas. With a regular grow tent supported by the metal pipe frame, would I be able to cut down the vertical pipes a few inches with a hacksaw or so to make it fit, or will that upset the dimensions of the canvas too much therefor causing unwanted difficulties

Last edited:
C

ChaosX

Hi guys,
I'm thinking about grow tent (xl size) and I don't know which should i take. what are the best grow tents currently?
is budbox such a lightproof as homebox is? where can I buy budbox/homebox in the best price? thanks in advance

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
it probably would igignokt. the only company i have seen that carry tents at 6 ft tall is budbox. they have a tent that is 39 inches long by 39 inches wide and 6feet tall. I am not sure if they cause the gassing effect that is killing plants, but i know that a 600 in one of those leaks a little light.

anyone know if budboxes cause the gassing effect? just have seen bad experiences with them and it is not really talked about too much around here for this brand

C

ChaosX

Thanks man, I got a tangle in my head with buying a grow tent. I don't know which one should I buy.
Has anyone used BudBox Silver version? I noticed it is padded by mylar or other light-reflect surface.

D

DryAndHigh

where can I buy the Homebox L and be sure that there will be no problems with the lining? I found one on ebay which "may or may not be defective."

The size is ideal for my lighting system/space but I'm not sure if I want to take the risk buying one of these bunk tents.

1st post here and I'm hoping to have my SOG set-up by the end of the month but I can't start w/o a tent. :confused:

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
ft100 said:
anyone know if budboxes cause the gassing effect? just have seen bad experiences with them and it is not really talked about too much around here for this brand

I have 2 Bud Boxes and they are NOT killing my plants. My girls are very happy.

I have not seen or read of one report saying that a Bud Box killed their plants due to off-gassing.

What bad experiences have you seen (how do you see an experience? lol) with the BudBox brand tents?

lemonskunk420

ICMag Donor
Ive had my homebox for a year and going strong with no problems besides light leaks in the seems and flaps at the bottom,but easy fix.If it wasn't for it i wouldn't grow at all inside. :joint:

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gangabiss said:
I have 2 Bud Boxes and they are NOT killing my plants. My girls are very happy.

I have not seen or read of one report saying that a Bud Box killed their plants due to off-gassing.

What bad experiences have you seen (how do you see an experience? lol) with the BudBox brand tents?

well I have 2 budboxes that are the l 1.8m version and also have 5 perfect successful grows. just started with these and this is what happened

last pic is some funky ass ssh i got from fj back in the day before he was mountain highing it, it was some funk just to show I have done a good job before, also with bubbalicious, ak48, blockhead
Now im not saying it is the tents, but this is the first time I have ever used them and they are 0 for 1 in my book. other new factors also came into play, but only time will tell, after losing sour bubble bx3 chemdawh bx1, double straw d, and deep purple, I am a little upset, not ready to blame anything totally yet. like i said, experiments are being done to fix things. book is still out on the final verdict for me that is. anyone else running the 1.8 m tall version?

Last edited:

CaStoner

Hello, I bought a Large hut from HTG supply about a year ago, just now setting it up I was unaware of the out gassing problems with Hydrohut and other brands. When I 1st set it up man the odor was very strong thinking I had a problem I reported back to HTG supply. Since I'm in the process of getting it ready and hasn't been used yet, the odor has deminish to the point of undectable.

Hello,
You actually bought a Growbrite Tent from us and we do not sell the Hydro
Hut. Our PVC does not emit gasses into the tent and you will have nothing
to worry about. If you would like I could email you a picture of that same
tent that has been in action for months here at our location.
Thank you,
HTgsupply

We shall see it was emitting a very strong odor or gassing in the begining, but now after a few weeks it's almost gone.

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
CaStoner said:
Hello, I bought a Large hut from HTG supply about a year ago, just now setting it up I was unaware of the out gassing problems with Hydrohut and other brands. When I 1st set it up man the odor was very strong thinking I had a problem I reported back to HTG supply. Since I'm in the process of getting it ready and hasn't been used yet, the odor has deminish to the point of undectable.

Hello,
You actually bought a Growbrite Tent from us and we do not sell the Hydro
Hut. Our PVC does not emit gasses into the tent and you will have nothing
to worry about. If you would like I could email you a picture of that same
tent that has been in action for months here at our location.
Thank you,
HTgsupply

We shall see it was emitting a very strong odor or gassing in the begining, but now after a few weeks it's almost gone.

My tents also had quite a strong plastic smell which diminished over time.
Nothing to worry about.

Hopefully you will be alright.

Latest posts

Latest posts